Tree of Savior Forum

kTOS General Thread (keep all in-game discussion here)

○ Skill Base Damage Increased 115 → 1218
lol, that’s some massive base damage increase there, good idea to touch vertical slash over skyliner

I think I’ll not like the Guardian change though

So it seems Vertical had a 10% modifier all along and nobody knew?
30% Will be real dope though.

It is now a physical incinerate.

Peltasta:
► Guardian
○ Physical Damage Reduction / Physical Defense Increase: Characters ATK and DEF values will no longer be fixed values but instead percentage(%) values.

2 Likes

at first, i thought it was a typing error i made but apparently it’s the real deal. :open_mouth:

very fun ! i’m still only rank 6 on that character though, i need to LV up more this weekend, waiting to try the new jurate server before that though.

Swordsman in a nutshell recently, between buffs and Rank8 preview:

8 Likes

Still can’t comprehend how much extra damage Frenzy is going to give.

To think I just put some points into Con because Deeds of Suicide, is suicidal…but now I have to reach 600 Strength.

15 (600 STR) + 10 + 10 = 35.
35 x 20 for 700.
On top of the current 400…

Why do I have a Cata on Ktos instead of a Doppel Q_Q.
Well maybe on Jurate…

I still wonder if anyone has done
Barb + Rod to check if there’s any Stomping Kick hidden combo with any of Rodel’s debuffs…

Some love for Summon Necromancer and sorcerer

I will do my best for my next fan art, GG

I do have to wonder though, what is the new Guardian reductions an increases though?
I’ll still take it for the evasion, but it’s gonna affect Fencer still…

Yeah it was such a low amount I just assumed it was a flat boost like most other skills. 30% is alright, still nothing to write home about for a single hit skill - Cartar Stroke still has 150% scaling and 4 hits for a 600% scaling total, so it’ll almost always hit harder. Against a mob with 5 debuffs (say, crosscut, crown, armor break, cleave, warcry) you can hit for 250% with vertical slash which, on top of the base damage increase and extra 50% from cleave, will make it pretty reasonable for a c3 skill. HL3 is maybe worth it now?

Still not sure about leveling Cartar Stroke though. The charge time is still really long at high levels considering it doesn’t increase scaling or # of hits, just a flat damage bonus. If Multishot hit 16 times at level 1 nobody would put points into or charge it.

Guys, can you make short summary about “season server”?

It’ll probably shine best at World bosses since you’ll have things like
Wugushi poisons, Pyromancer Burns, etc.
Not the best thing ever since this games DPS competition kind of makes all the side damage dealers unappreciated, but the skill will probably hit damage cap in that situation.

I could hypothetically see value in Carter 15, if you were trying to minimize skill usage, but that’s clearly a more “burst” focused move. @Anarth is if I recall going to try Highlander + Rodelero, so this change should be attractive to him since Carter is one of the strongest Strike moves.

Yeah, unfortunately damage cap is another thing that makes huge single-hit skills much less appealing than multihit. The fact that we’ve seen people hit damage cap already in a game that is supposed to have way more levels than it does currently is troubling. They should just get rid of it. It’s 2016, why is there a damage cap?

first time in the history of tos where wizzrd costume wasnt the best looking one

1 Like

Ha wouldn’t be surprised if it came as an Attribute on C1 classes when you reach rank 8 or 9 to break the limit.
Although I guess a Cap does sort of make it so you can make other build considerations once you hit the cap.

Maybe I don’t need Vertical Slash 5, because well I’m hitting Cap, so I’ll just put 1 point in it, for bosses and get some more points in other awesome skils.

Wagon Wheel might get buffed next, since it’s another underwhelming skill.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

Impaler and Stomping Kick damage buff

And almost nobody care…(is there anyone that isn’t Barb c1 even taking those? I mean stompin is maybe 1 point for lulz since if you want a knockdown you can just Bash)

Frenzy now scales with STR

:< muh dex build…

It feels like they’re really pushing Swordsman to STR build (Concentrate scales mainly with Str, the 30% more atk per STR, this buff to Frenzy, the +50% crit attack stat on Highlander since crit attack is with Str)

2 Likes

Somehow it is annoying not to see updates for Hidden Class…

:disappointed:

1 Like

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

Stomping Kick is interesting in a hypothetical Rodelero Build.
3 Overheat at 922 base now, gives it more base damage then level 5 Targe Smash. Though its pretty slow to use.

Maybe it has a hidden interaction and nobody knows but IMC.
I keep thinking maybe High Kick…

I mean C1, Highlander, C1 Barb, Rod C3. Really is chalk full of Strike moves, and with Wagon Wheel and Helm Chopper it’s pretty mean on CC.
I like my Sword C3, Rod but I really want to check C1 High, C1 Barb Rod as well…

oh i was waiting for your paste bin link but it was there, i was blinded with those costumes, thanks.