Tree of Savior Forum

kTOS General Thread (keep all in-game discussion here)

Wow you sure add a lot to conversations.

wat?

you know that getting to the upper ranks requires you to slogg through the levels lol
if your think a bunch of low ranked casuals are gonna go and hop into 5v5’s with max ranked characters and win then you must be deluding yourself…

Has anyone heard of any player making it to the second floor of Earth Tower? One week past and I didn’t find any video of Earth Tower except the one or two updated on the day it was implemented, which showed how tragically people got slaughtered by monsters. I doubt any party has ever managed to clear the first floor. :confused:

5th floor vid - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W-YUr_QqXLk

6 Likes

PvP
With the current setting you actually have to make your stat build good for pvp (in a rly strict way)… Don’t tell me that is a good thing. If the equipments wouldn’t be standardised you could fix or complement your stat build.

I think standardised pvp is not a bad thing… but they should make a formula that can include the stats you get from gears and standadise the whole thing…not just exclude some stuff… ( and some games did things like that so it isn’t something that is impossible )

But also some extra effects from gears like the “with x% chance you do somehing” should be avaible imo.

I wouldn’t mind if upgrades would be excluded…those are too RNG…getting a rare gear isn’t as hard as getting a rare gear upgraded to max…

I think Gems should be avaible in a way… if it’s just included when the game standardise the stats that’s totally fine… but those can help complement some builds too so I think they are needed.

Maps and grinding
I don’t know the new world map and stuff that well. But once I was thinking that why this game seems to me still linear in a way… and I realised it is still because that you don’t rly have a choice where to grind.
When I played there were like maps for 151-152-153-154-155-156-157…not this horrible but almost like 1 for each…the lvl gaps weren’t too big…
My solution would be to make the maps for lvl ranges instead of exact lvls… We could have more maps for the same lvl range like this…with different kind of mobs for different parties so we could have a choice…

1 Like

@trielav So this is how Rodeleros’ clown in pvp

:smirk: *sarcasm

**youtube links not working again -_-

3 Likes

This is probably a really bad & unpractical idea but…
What about standard PvP equipments?
There are a couple of basic equips avaible for any1 to use. These equips are enchanted with basic stats(Crit Rate,Accuracy,HP,Block,CritResist,Denfese,MagicDefense,PAtk,Matk,Evasion…).
I.E, you can use a HP headgear,Accuracy clothes,Defense gloves, HP primary weap…
You can save each set you make on the NPC, only 2 set of equips can be brought, which means you’ll have 2 of each equip to choose from during PvP.
It’s almost like the Rune Page system of LoL.

4 Likes

Sound plausible to me, I remember in FF XIV, there are equipment specific for PVP only so this equipment only works on PVP and not PVE, we can also apply this, provide the player with pvp equipment set, still standarized but also customizable and take strategy into account

Good to see that Rodelero is working as intended in PvP.
Now if we could give them some stuff for PvE…

1 Like

flagged :v ­­­­­­­­­­

Anyone know any information?

Thanks. Didn’t notice that post at first. :golf:

Catacomb Underground Dun 2

@atari Please refrain from flagging… lest this thread gets closed :disappointed:

@bakura it’s over at Fedimian in between the Market and Item Merchant NPC

1 Like

Actually.

I hope they make “casual pvp” and “ranked pvp”.

Casual with set everyone to the same level+only pvp equip (which you can buy or earn trough playing pvp naked, yay!).
Ranked pvp where your level, equip and stuff matters.

Sometimes you want to enjoy a game of pvp, without having the equip for it.
And other times, you really want to show what you earned+ skill you have on the said class.

I can remember, that one reason why pvp in ro was so … unpopular … was simply. People that had full pvp equip where ruling the place. And if you didn’t had atleast 20 mio zeny worth of pvp equip. You could only grovel beneath they’re feet. Even if you were skill wise better. Reducement of damage trough equip was heavy and enhancment too.

–
But atm how the pvp works for ranked matchs… is just silly xD~

3 Likes

TOS being a game wher ei can toss a statue in someones face.

But yeah, that’s to op in pvp.

Silence Carry … Speed debuff carry … aoe hurt carry …

Relocation yes, if the range is 5~8 char feets. But not more. You could still play catch with another driveby to increase the mobility… but heck. These statues already zone people off nicely. Don’t need to make them even better xD.

1 Like

Thanks for suggesting something like this! I think this is where 5v5 Arena needs to go. Clearly, they want it to be a place open for everyone to enjoy, not just the whales and kids with no lives. Give players some equipment choices, unlocked using a few points from 5v5 Arena matches and everyone should be happy. Isn’t even necessary right away, but could be nice down the road to add some depth to the fighting.

People will still be more than willing to invest in high end gears for all the other PvP and GvG content that will await. 5v5 is just a place for skill to shine, not free time. There is a place for both in ToS.

I’m not too sure about your PvP rankings going up whether you lose or win. Back in kTest, with the smaller PvP environment, it seemed to only go up if you won. As for match making back then, it wasn’t just random either. You’d match up with people in a similar bracket as you in terms of w/l. I doubt much of that is changed, just scaled for a larger player base.

Also for anyone that believes that Arena isn’t meant to be for casuals to just jump in and enjoy, they’d be surprised. Much of the game, whether you believe it or not, is meant to be very casual.

Arena, as it stands, is fine at it’s core. Things should be equalized. People should be rewarded for win/loss.

But, that does not mean that there should not be unequalized ranked PvP. In fact, as the game progresses and amulets make a re-appearance, hopefully in a large variety, there should be the following PvP types:

1. The current Arena with PvP being completely equalized, and rewards just being EXP cards.

2. Ranked Arena, no equalization, no consumables still, and allowing for pre-arranged teams. The rewards can be decided, but as IMC has said in they’re blogs previously about wanting to do tournaments, etc, this is where it should be done. The auto-matching system for pvp needs to be changed to match up with players of equal/similar w/l.

GvG is exactly what they didn’t want currently, an open pk system.

Now those are just arena’s. Guild PvP needs to be changed a lot more. Currently it’s just a casual GvG system, it’s there for almost no reason, but for either drama, random fun I guess, or just being a nuisance to other guilds.

There needs to be more GvG, the open world PK flagging GvG should stay, however there should be instanced GvG.

Here’s some ideas:

1. GvG that’s instanced, the point is to take control of an objective on the enemy guilds side, or multiple objectives, and winner gets control of a unique raid for X days.

2. GvG that’s not instanced. We currently have boss summoning events that guilds can do and even parties. In the future, perhaps have a boss summoning event that the system puts out, and make it announce it to the whole world. Any guilds that enter the boss summoning map are flagged for PvP, normal players can also be flagged for pvp, which makes things even more interesting. Guilds can hire out-of-guild players to join them for boss summoning events.
    Also make it so the boss spawns on every channel of that map. That could be really interesting. Will weaker guilds flock to different channels? Will stronger guilds split into multiple channels? It can be lots of fun.
    However, this can be a nuisance to players currently leveling on the map where a boss is summoned. To counter this, boss summoning maps can only be in maps that are level 200+, and bosses have a 15 min timer before disappearing. When a boss is about to appear, a 5 minute system warning will appear on the map that the boss will appear. When the boss appears, portals from other maps leading to the boss map will have a red arrow sign instead of a green arrow sign, signifying that open pvp is enabled in there.

3. Some type of alliance war?

@STAFF_John

8 Likes

noob question time:

i know the answer is already there, and i’d find it if i search, but where is the dungeon lv 115?

Serious business includes being able to make best combination of PvP and PvE capabilities and most optimal gear in order to be able to lvl up relatively fast and fight in PvP effectively.

That’s why I agree that Rank queue should use full possibilities and methods of strengthening since ability to raise strong character and utilize it is the most important skill in this game and thus should be praised in PvP.(ToS true way of PvP).

Normal queue is for those who want to have fun showing only character control skill and fighting against equalised enemies (MOBA-like PvP).

Equality should be applied not in stats but in possibilities. Making strongest character is as important as having godlike character control.