Tree of Savior Forum

kTOS General Thread (keep all in-game discussion here)

any previews of male archer shop costume?

Yeah itā€™s still brokenā€¦

5 Likes

canā€™t log on anymore, odd. nothing happens after patcher finishes -__-

Any idea whats the requirements/restrictions

no patch can stop us psychos :imp:

2 Likes

That costume is exactly what I am going to wear. Pure gladiator. Thanks!

It looks pretty complex with a lot of items (similar to Shinobi). I donā€™t have any definite information but Iā€™ve got a good idea so far based on the files. Note this isnā€™t in order but this definitely contains all the NPCs which will be part of the quest.

• There are two books labelled with ā€˜RUNECASTER_FTOWER_BOOKā€™; ā€˜FTOWERā€™ is the internal name for Mage Tower (one mentions Saule; starting trigger?; other mentions Vakarine and the Demon Prison); may have the name ā€˜Books written in runesā€™/ā€˜ė£¬ ė¬øģžė”œ ģ ķžŒ ģ±…ā€™ as NPCs)
  • (After finding book?) Talk to Saule, she mentions the last place she felt the power of runes was in the ā€˜tomb/mausoleumā€™, suggests talking to Ahylas Jones in Gateway of the Great King.
  • Talk to Ahylas Jones (no clear next goal)
  • Talk to Chronomancer Master
  • Talk to Dievdirbys Master in West Siauliai Woods; mentions the hidden place and a weird ā€˜powerā€™.
  • Talk to the Stone NPC in West Siauliai Woods at [X: 3221, Z: 865]
  • Find Rune Stones in the Royal Mausoleum (?); one on each floor; 5 in total. (Quest items; obtained from interactable NPCs)
  • Once all 5 stones are gathered, use one to combine into an invitation item.
  • Find the Runecaster Master at Ancient Goddessā€™ Garden; should appear when the Invitation is complete.

I donā€™t know what exactly would be the starting trigger or what to do in order, but if youā€™re searching for Runecaster these notes should help. :slight_smile:

Iā€™m pretty sure that it would start with finding those books and talking to Saule though. The best step is to try searching for any triggers or quest information mentioning Runes/Runecaster (ė£¬ģŗģŠ¤ķ„°ėŠ”). Over time, people will find more information out on both the International side and the Korean side of things and thereā€™ll likely be a guide when all the steps are found, just like with Chaplain.

5 Likes

Wouldnā€™t be bad getting on their head didnā€™t trigger the boss to instantly heal to full HP and run away. :confused:

Also, so people know, this patch broke attributesā€¦ most of them at least. So you will be as if you have no attributes at the moment.

Musketeerā€™s Headshot, Snipe, Covering fire damage has been increased.
Musketeerā€™s covering fire will be changed to deal 2 hits per step.

3 Likes

Nice, is there any inbuild restrictions like wizard C3ļ¼Ÿ

Iā€™m not too sure, Iā€™d say there isnā€™t any. However, that Quick Cast attribute is in game and available for Rune Casters; no mention on it requiring Wizard C3 and Quick Cast to be learnt though.

Thereā€™s nothing that Iā€™ve seen which explicitly states that you need to be a certain class to advance to Rune Caster. With Chaplain, the class information hinted that you needed to be a ā€˜senior level Priestā€™, and the spells gave that away too.

agh! this always happens ahaha

Doesnā€™t seem to be, the Skilled Cast atribute seems to mention that if you donā€™t have it jsut gives you Lv1 Quick Cast because yes.

now that could be a problemā€¦ am sure I can think of something to counter it in the time I wait for IOBT xD

Seems like there might be more to it; the rune stones may not all be in the Royal Mausoleum and instead spread around.

People have reported that one Rune Stone was in West Siauliai Woods, no pictures/concrete information. Another may be located in one of the Katyn Forest maps as well.

However, someone has found a Rune Stone in Nuoridan Falls with screenshot clarification;

There might be more in other maps too if this is the case. If you come across a Rune Stone item, take a screenshot. :slightly_smiling:

1 Like

It might be a prerequisite item like a Shinobi.

"Falconerā€™s Hanging shot now allows the user to use skills whilst flying."

7 Likes

It definitely is. Thereā€™s 5 rune stones (one for each type of Rune that Rune Casters use as skills) hidden around the world. Right-clicking one of these runs a script, I believe having all 5 rune stones combines them into an invitation item.

Whatā€™s unknown is if collecting all 5 rune stones is the initial trigger, or just a further step after youā€™ve begun the Rune Caster pre-quest. (i.e. Similar to the Vials and Flowers for Shinobi, not the quest trigger but items required later in the quest.)

There are 5 Rune Stone items as shown below:

Each of these icons are used for an item, which runs a script which seems to make the 6th item. The 6th item is called ā€˜Rune Casterā€™s Invitationā€™;

6 Likes

i saw what you did there.