Tree of Savior Forum

kTOS Bossing Changes - IMC fails again

They should have made it 24 hours debuff.
At least you can make lots of characters and camp them all day if you still want.
Go grind some more.
Hope here IMC change it to 12 or 24 hours debuff.

right. maybe they can make tomb with the time of the boss death. but punish who killed the boss… omg… people want to feel equal all other when they just play 1h or 2h… they want feel equal who plays like 10h per day. man if u work like 15h per day how can someone take the same tribute with 1h work? its not a issue who is right or not… they have to give a chance, but not taking from another player… its wrong steal the rich and give to poor. they are trying to make the rich get poorer to the “poor” dont be opress thats is ridiculous

and those who think they are right… i have something to say to u…

try to reach me or just give up … because I am not guilty of their inability.

Game design expert here.

No, they just made a change to make game content available to more players, like it should be for any core content. Imagine if for any reason farming initial area was a thing, and you could not beat those super high level players and never progress because of it, it’s a design flaw.

Have you heard about EU punishing monopolies? It’s not a communism thing, it’s smart economics.

7 Likes

well if u can’t camp urself for 4 hrs something u really want its ur fault :o

2 Likes

Whoever said anything about me? I have little interest in camping bosses. Bosshunting in it’s current state isnt about camping anyway. First one to a boss gets to keep it, indefinately.

they grant more game experience to more players at expense of some players’ experience. completely shutdown participation. i think you might have some better design idea. for me oldschool mmo player who never play gw2, ff14 boss system which were claim justiced. i would like to hear perspective from you.

for mine, they could have some bonus cube where drop randomly on non-top ranks proportionally to their contribution. this will give chance to some lower rank participant.

they could applied 8hr debuff + bonus cube together. debuffed will never get their guarantee drop within 8hr but still have chance in bonus cube. they are still able to participate in event with smaller benefits while open more opportunity to other players.

It’s funny, because if this is how the system was to begin with, there’d be little to no complaints about it from the OP.

This wasn’t the best way to do it anyway. Should’ve just made the entire parties DPS count towards getting a cube, and the top 6 DPS parties all get 1. All this does is add on the grievance of having to make 2 more Rank 7 characters and rotating them.

Their server files have been leaked… i guess its too late for this game its gonna end up like RO Top 200

Wow I never realized people are losing sleep to camp world bosses. That’s not healthy and also not worth. It’s just a game guys.

You can do 1 world boss every 8h, just 3 dungeons at day, GvG sucks since FPS drop make it unberable, 5v5/3v3/2v2 is the most boring experience in pvp, Earth Tower is not as challenging as it should be. Tree of Casual, nothing else to say.

2 Likes

Firstly, might I point out that the changes wouldn’t have been implemented in KTOS if Nexon didn’t agree that it was a good change for their playerbase as well. IMC handles the hard decisions for ITOS but Nexon, as the publisher in Korea, handles the issues geared around how to make their players happy.

Basically, if Nexon says “Oh hellll naw” then, no, the changes wouldn’t be implemented, as IMC would have to take a back seat despite TOS being their creation. It is for this reason that you see hundreds of developers constantly reaching out on platforms such as Kickstarter to try and crowdfund their projects so they can retain their own artistic designs without having to bend over for a publisher.

In short… Nexon felt that, for KTOS, this was an acceptable step in the right direction. And IMC will likely bring that change to ITOS because even Nexon feels it is a change worth making, but, that doesn’t mean IMC will at all. There is no guarantee. Because, to complicate things, it may have been Nexon who demanded a solution for their playerbase and IMC may have been against it. Or maybe it was IMC agreeing there may be a problem in the system and proposing a change. Here in ITOS though they would not be forced to make a change as they are both developer and publisher on our title.

Again, they likely will though, because loot distribution has been a hot issue as well as an admittedly flawed system. I don’t wholeheartedly agree with the solution, but, it’s something. And this is coming from someone who gets his own cubes in a solo party about 90% of the time.

I have never felt it was fair (even if I’ve been guilty myself on occasion) that high level players can drop to lower level regions and snipe a WB from at-level players in the area, just because they want the drops. Take Cerberus for instance. It’s a freaking sub-100 WB but even people teaming up in the area to fight it will be out-shined by a party who swoops in feeling it is “theirs” because, what, it drops something nice?

Or what about the “strong get stronger” mentality of if you are in the top DPS already then it basically boils down to only the same few people winning cubes over and over again regardless of who participates? Or how in multi-channel bosses like Dulla you’re very likely to be in the top DPS in the next channel if you just finished winning a cube as the participating players won’t be varied much more than that?

This isn’t the perfect solution, but, people feeling entitled to every drop isn’t right. Stealing from lower levels (in instances like Cerberus where hunters literally head to a zone nearly 200 levels beneath them just to snipe “their” cube) and getting a higher chance at being in the top DPS with every cube they win (more cubes = more chances at a good drop = more silver = better gear = more dps = more cubes, and the cycle repeats itself).

I will be missing a lot of cubes. And I don’t even care. Hell it’s a weight off my shoulders. Now I can log my hunter, pick one world boss instead of trying them all (and likely means I’ll be trying the higher level ones instead of bouncing around lower level zones) and try to win that high level cube, giving lower level players the chance to actually participate in the world bosses that are already at their own level. Sounds more fair to me.

Honestly I don’t think it’s too terrible at all even if it means I’ll be poorer for it.

13 Likes

Imc idioticy never ceases to amaze me. Just when I thought it couldnt get any worse, they come up with something this ret.arded. You should give them credit for the amount of stupid decisions they made. Although maybe they do want to bury their own game.

What good players do when faced with competition they cant handle - make competitive builds, group up, etc, work hard towards their goal.
What bad players do - whine on forum.

When I faced low fps and lack of dps on my main, while shi.tters were whining here and there, I made another character - thaum, to support guys with better dps classes and better pc. It was for nought it seems. You also taking away my fun at beating competition. I hate you scum.

Go in there without the Barrier skill.

I’d say, they need to increase the cooldown to 24 hours, 8 is way too short. And debuff should span across the entire team, not just one character. No, not even joking. Until they rework the itemization so that BiS gear does not drop exclusively from world bosses, monopolization should go extinct. No game that caters exclusively to no-life basement dwellers can be successful in today’s casual-populated market. It’s sad, granted, but it’s true.

1 Like

hf @ all casuals for paying outrageous prices for every imaginable world boss drop and that you’ll never be able to afford a single piece again
hf on paying millions for complex gears and co

System as they implemented it is… dumb imo: debuff should be per-boss instead of global, but longer.

[quote=“Xenobius_2, post:34, topic:257001”]
And debuff should span across the entire team, not just one character.
[/quote]Debuff timer is not active if you are not playing a character, so having multiple characters on one account would not help. Hardcore players will have to resort to multiple accounts logged in 24/7.

1 Like

You see, that’s a fine logic for an established game with more players than you could dream of, popularity off the charts, etc, etc.

ToS, on the other hand, is in a very, VERY shaky position ATM - bad Steam reviews, not-too-impressive playerbase, zillions of problems… It’s bad, tbh.

And in this particular situation, catering to the hardcore minority pretty much equals to shooting yourself in the leg. With a 12-gauge. Twice.
And when casual players are faced with “haha, n00b, forget ever seeing this boss because me and my NEET friends farm it 24/7!” they simply start thinking about leaving the game, it’s simple as that.

So no, ToS just cannot afford to cater to l33t “hard-working” players who think that playing 20 hours a day makes them more valuable customers than the casual ones.

2 Likes

Yes, the solution implemented is not the best possible, but to be honest I’v seen so many design horrors here that anything that is an “improvement” seems fine.

The issue here the amount of players vs the number of opportunities, most players on every mmo wont ever experience most of your game content, but for those aiming to experience something any unintended barrier, like in this case, other players taking your opportunity every single time, is not acceptable, (even tough there are cases which can be considered good, for example, look at WoW super rare spawned mounts, its fine for it to be like that because its not a core gameplay element, but a cosmetic one).

I can’t come with a solution right now on the fly, but I’d say that the right way to go might be balancing the spawn and debuff timers with the rewards so the given opportunities are spread trough the players trying to access its content, so, if you are forced to try less you still get the same odds or amount of rewards. A super ideal system would even take in account the player flow to adjust the respawn and debuff time but it might complicate things unnecessarily. Now, this is only a solution IF players are really monopolizing the opportunities given leaving other players constantly stuck on their attempts to progress or access certain game content.

Even tough Korea MMO culture “kinda” agrees with this kind of superplayers, as a “game” itself its a flawed concept because the experience you inted to deliver is deliberately being blocked by other players, not sleeping to farm should not be rewarded nor a punishment to those who do sleep.

Game mechanics like non-instanced bosses are bound to conflict due to their very nature. To choice over the exact method you must look at your “objective player”, Is this a game for super hardcore gamers? Is this a casual game? Is this a game for a wide kind of players? This is the key to discard or implement any game mechanic and changes to them.

Now I must clarify, this is all just game design knowledge considering the common objectives of it and the supposed intended player this game has, but a game can have virtually any design given it matches what you intend to deliver to the proper player.

yeah? so u think its fair to let PVE builds have an advantage over PVP builds? or a dmg build archer to have an adgateg over a full support wizard? (they usually only have like 3 dmg spells)
yeah go somewhere

Honestly I hoped for a 1 day / week cooldown on World Boss item loot with changes to drop % and making items character bound. Anyone who participated would get a cube. (Something like WoW System)

So that items you get from World Bosses feel more unique instead of flooding the market with the same people selling them.

This changes will stop the monopoly over bosses and let every player have a chance to get a cube (still not 100% tho). While the hardcore players that were sleeping less than 8 hours a day due to camping world bosses, can relax a bit and try out other aspects of the game. Or leave the game and get a life.

2 Likes