Tree of Savior Forum

KTEST] New Fireball

Kundela is doing 400k damage on ktest. How the hell is 1 hit, low damage OK?

ktest pyro fireball is low damage

I like the idea of the fireball exploding but the skill now is indeed underwhelming.

I think that making the new fireball a middle ground of the old and new version of the skill more attracting, for example making the fireball tick damage for around 2~3 seconds and then make it explode.

Pyro Kino synergy looks very clunky too :S

1 Like

They should either boost the burst damage, or add at least 4 more hits to it. Ice blast is doing 100k damage for a 1 hit AOE skill.

If fireball remains this way, it’s only purpose is for you to blast monsters with flare.

hmm, maybe the burst boost…but not the added hits. If hits were added take some of the burst damage down to 175% per hit for 4 hits (700%).

Fireball 1192% 15 secs with 95 sec timer - fireball gives an offense/defense control of the field with Aoe burst (might be much better in pvp too if ppl don’t pop the fireballs since it hits harder) not to mention a chance to burn targets. Only thing scary about this is revenge sevenfold… ouch.

Firewall 10120% (if all tiles hit?) 45secs - firewall hits hard with some drawbacks on mob size (not sure if they changed the size hits). If this is right (need video) then it hits harder than ice blast. doing 202,400 with 2000 MA. but that’s all hits. think the damage is cut in half on medium targets. so 101,200.

Maybe sage can help.

Fireball 596%*8. Sage gives amazing burst damage and more control in pvp (seems like it). it would be 4768%. that’s a really high boost with a decent cd too. with 2000 MA that’s 95,360 damage. not counting the other burst damage from firewall and burn effect with flare. then place a firepillar or fire ground to add to it. So maybe its not far off on dps. but if the % were increased sage could take more advantage of this, so they would have to keep an eye on this… D:

Really want to see a video with pyrosage to check the damage. The hard part is not getting the fireball to pop when multiplying it… maybe distract mobs or do it before grabbing mobs.

*sweating…so much typing :sob:

Firewall is too unreliable IMO since the cooldown is too long, and the flames sometimes just disappear if stepped by a mob with high AOE defense ratio. I wonder how will pyro mains grind at lower levels now since it might need a full 8 rank build just for their skills to be used decently. Even flame ground seems not that reliable now as it only lasts for 8 seconds.

It’s like: “Hey! get to rank 8 and you will unlock the ability to properly use your rank 2 skills! :D”

1 Like

Ya, flameground sucks =/. Firewall is a tough skill to work with. Maybe if they stop the whole AOE defense thing for it. then it would be very very good.

As for boosting pyro % or hit count, they would have to be careful because sage multiplies pyros fireball damage. So either reduce % and add more hits or add a small % to boost burst damage. Or…lower % of ice blast…lol. x3

The problem with that is that they are basing the class’ balance using a whole build path.

Balancing pyromancer based on its damage when combined with sage is unfair. This would mean that you will not have any choice at rank 8 other than going sage if you are a pyromancer.

The class should have balanced skills by itself, regardless of what other classes it is combined with.

The classes skills are balanced within itself.
Have you looked at the damage growth of FIreball, FLare and Flame ground over their cooldown?

You can pretty much invest in either of the three. So long as you have 1 level in each.

Ignoring that I get an extra 4k from Fireballs Burn attribute.

If you think the class is weak compared to others sure, but Fireball is in proportion with Flare and Flame Ground currently.

This is why I was asking how would a pyromancer be able to grind as it seems that most of his skills are not in par with the changes. The only decent skills I see are enchant fire and Fire pillar. One of which is mostly only effective during boss fights since it has a very long cooldown.

If they had sticked with the old fireball, and just toned down its damage multiplier a bit, at least the class would have one reliable skill for grinding.

EDIT: how is the burn damage computed now? I feel like the only way to use fireball now would be by relying on the burn damage.

Fire Pillar is generally garbage because outside of stunning people its DPS is straight horrendous.
For short boss fights with long gaps between its sufficient, outside of that you’re basically losing damage when you invest in it over other skill points.

For General grinding up to R6. Fireball, Flame Ground and Flare do plenty of damage.

By R7 you’ll have more attacks (or you’ll add supportive functions to your character) providing you with extra things to contribute.

Made a Pyro C3, Sorc C3, Sage On Ktest. Saw that Micro dimension attribute was still expensive as fuk and forgot about it. Also did necro with it, and ele c1 with it all kinds of stuff.
Couple of Sorc changes later. I still use all 3 of the above mentioned skills. They’re just not going to assassinate everything by themself, but they’re a part of the rotation.
Fireball’s a lot better= now that they’ve upped the aoe ratio. Was goofy that a big nuke was hitting only 3 enemies.

Does not seem to be the case in videos I watched. 2 fireballs barely killed normal mobs AFAIK.

It does have the same multiplier as ice blast on paper, but based on test vids, using the same stat, The max damage I saw for fireball was 17k, while an Ice blast could do up to 100k.

You are aware Ice Blast was bugged at the beginning of Ktest…

By R7 Fireball and the like are rotational skills.

They work as sole parts of damage back when you’re facing low level crap.

Is it fixed now?

I’m talking about a video uploaded yesterday:

The damage is a result of his 4600 magic attack gotten from using the 100 Blessed Shards everyone was given for 1 character. Not to mention the maxed enhance Ice Blast. On Mobs 40 levels underleveled and as such there is a significant difference between their Mattack and the mobs MDefence.
That is causing the LOG10 function to boost their damage higher.

I figured you were talking about the Ice Blast + Ice Wall combo that got patched out.

What you’re seeing has nothing to do with the general leveling experience.
Which is going to be using about a +5 to+10 (given reduced costs for upgrading) weapon, and a non transcended or Stage 1-2 transcend weapon.
Closest a regular person is going to see to that on Cryo is on a Tree Crystal which have 1 defense.

4 Likes

I was just typing a pretty similar answer to the one you’ve just done.

But just to enforce the idea, seriously, when checking out videos to have a feel of the changes, be mindful of level difference, gear, skill level and attributes. The new damage formula can produce very different results when any of those are modified. We’re not in a linear scenario anymore.

1 Like

They should give 3 extra overheat for fireball and 100% chance of inflicting burning.
It’s useless now trying to duplicate it during a boss fight, rip sagepyro.

The idea of a blue class having more dps power than a red class is kinda dumb. Like green classes such as clerics having more magic power than mages.

1 Like

OK, but he had THE SAME matk, at THE SAME level when he tested out fireball, and it did nowhere close to 20k damage. How is that so?

Then they need to take away the ability to multiply fireball with sage because if they increase the % or add more hits sage will make fireball op. It adds 6 times the damage of fireball not including the link making it even more ridiculous. so lets say they make 800% fireball. Now its very nice, however sage multiplies that by 6! Now add the two fireballs already there and you get 8 times 800% (6400%). That’s 128,000. Now add link. that’s probably another 200% plus each hit around 8000%. making it 160,000. These numbers seem to high and this is just average magic attack of 2000. mobs only have 50-70k hp now i think. if anything they need to nerf ice blast a bit. Bec we are comparing damage from a skill that already does crazy damage. Annnd if Delcas is right about that cyro with 4600 ma then lets add that to the new 800% fireball with sage and link. 8000% = 368,000…that’s crazy. That’s just from one dps skill with the help of link and sage. And 1600% no sage/link would be 73,600 damage. This still kills in one hit and hits a few mobs and adds a high damage burn sometimes.

linker and sage makes things more complex because it makes some skills way stronger. Then ppl get upset and say “IT’S OP.” =( if they were not there then they could boost % waay more and even add hits without sage or link abusing it. However, that will not happen and the skills damage will be reduced because sage/linker can abuse the skill unless those skills were changed. Ppl try to take advantage of skills from other classes. They want to work around the type of class they like and find ways to make it really strong. Not just pick a pure class and not add anything else that makes it better.

About the 20k hit thing. What level were the mobs when this person used fireball? add the video so i can see if you can? D:

*fingers fall off T_T *sigh…

And this one too. linker/pyro good. Though your magic attack is much lower in this one. :3