Tree of Savior Forum

[kTest[Ktos]] Class rework thread

They did not forget, they’re testing. Patch not out yet they still have time. I believe they want every classes to be somewhat enjoyable and competitive. They wont destroy your class. Probably…

So we can safely assume what elemental damage inside hats and daggers would be just flat damage and would not be affected by any multiplication (skill factor and skill attribute)?

I guess we can predict huge price drop for all hats with elemental damage in that case.

Or I still misunderstood something?

1 Like

I’m not fussed really, currently leveling up a catagoon.
Since I can’t be bothered buying more character slots I was planning on being really boring (maybe not?) and making the 3 “riding” builds. Since 1 slot is used for a companion, i might as well make the most of it.
Planning on after a while having a catagoon, ranger Reiter and a something Sorcerer. (Maybe linker and sage for the Joint penalty, summon familiar, micro dimension combo.) I know it’s not the same as the first two but it’d be a fun side thing.

Also nice little thing I didn’t know about, even without a token you can transer gear (albeit really slowly) between characters through a companion. Nice to know since I was originally planning a con catagoon, bought a bunch of gear for it to then realise Dex rules. That an the player base of my server has gone to crap resulting in pretty much no gear on the market. Frankly, if it was possible, it’d be awesome to see a merge between EU and NA servers and have it where there’s a fixed number of channels and the channels are run on an EU server. Effectively merging the economy. Not sure if that’s possible though and could probably cause more issues than it’d fix. (Fk using an na server though, it’s laggy enough as it is.)
Str will probably be the meta post update as with the damage formula, or at-least for any class that gives a % boost to it. (1 str = about 2.5patt which depending on the defence of the enemy gets multiplied even further. I’m excluding % damage from skills as the new believed damage formula multiplies crit damage as well.)

Little explanation of how bad it is, looking for spears and 2 handed spears. There’s about 6, 2 overly priced spears, on the market for 1 handed at level 40 (used to be multiple pages) and for 2 handed spears you’re lucky to find more than 1 at level 75. Most gear put on there is either massively overpriced as it’s massively upgraded or has unrevealed potential and is really cheap. (Guessing you can’t use them until it’s revealed?)

If IMC is going to make elemental damage just flat… I cant imagine the amount of pain and suffering for guys that already crafted 2 practonium orange sword - Sarkmis. After that change it would gives you just 500 flat dark property damage (its almost nothing) and still reduce your con by 72…

Omg, so many Sarkmis users will gonna suicide after that.

Err, 500 extra damage for each hit is hardly “almost nothing”. Right now, from most videos, with the excption of a few single hit combos, most skills don’t deal too high numbers. The same reason Blessing going up to almost 1.5k-2k per hit is being talked as almost mandatory for many multi-hit choices, property damage can also be very usefull (especially against same level, high def targets, for it ignores the log part of amage formula). Accordingly monsters HP isn’t as high as we’re used to on live iToS, so flat extra damage once again show its usefulness somehow.

According to video iv seen even dopple without end game weapon hits around 20k while Cycloning. And Sarkmis is truly end game weapon, so dopple with it would hit for more then 20k for sure. The problem here: that -72 con is rediculus punishment, meaby you cant imagince how rediculus is it. And now you have that punishment in end game weapon for flat damage…Thats a problem.

You should realize - Sarkmis its not regular sword from vendor like in most ktest videos - only guys for hight transcendense craft such weapon, and for these guys 500 flat damage is nothing.

but. its not supposed that glass mole cant be stacked now? they make a maitenance to avoid that stack of 8 glass mole

you can stack the effect up to 10 same card

should be good confirm that, because u have a point about 8 glass mole, but if u cant stack those 8 then should be 7 ellaganos and 1 glass mole.

still too early to decide that, but maybe i will go 10 glassmole at rank 10

Even nerfed Melstis is a damn good skill, there is no other skill that increases buff duration of invulmerability skills, which are quite OP in the first place.
I guess people got too spoiled, aka “…but i want permanent invulnerability!!! T_T”

Yes, it is additional damage.

damage = (% factor) x attack x log10 ((attack / defense + 1)^0.x + 1) + additional damage

Additional damage = + property elemental attack, blessing & concentrate.

Yes, you must reveal these items before you may use them. Identifier (appraiser) Sandra NPC at fedimian town will reveal for you.

2 Likes

Anyone can test if Battle Orders is viable and if Mortal Slash [templar c2] is good now? From the number on https://tos-ktest.neet.tv/skill-planner#11334688 Looks like is very Strong now 670% x3 with 2 OT

Would pet damage fall on additional damage then?
I guess it would end up there…
Sad, I wanted the 1K extra damage from pet to be amplified by the formula.

I wouldn’t trust that rumour, it’s been there since they implemeted card system on iTOS. Doesn’t seem valid at all. I doubt there will be any cap on how many of the same card you can have.

1 Like

Looks decent, Bong TOS worst geared characters are the Cleric and Swordie ones.

Except that prolonging aus significantly for the whole party is nearly impossible with the new mechanic, given how glitchy getting aus buff is in the first place. So yes, the point of being not needed in ET (or for that matter, any of the few situations in the game where melstis was useful in the first place) anymore still stands.

not this again, lol
#######

1 Like

that is why i clearly wrote it is just a rumor. I edited it, doesnt want to participate spreading false info

wait a sec! the reason why you dont mention glassmole as recommended card, isnt it because the log10(x) part of the equation?