Tree of Savior Forum

Knock Down Patch (KTOS/KTEST]

Test made by Bong TOS

It looks like it only pushes you a little now, but I guess that it still cancels what you were doing.

;/ the problem wasnt the distance it was the fact that the bosses spam knocback

1 Like

D: no more 5s+ of me flying through the air followed by 5s of trying to get up…

how sad :roll_eyes:

1 Like

I´m used to Sw3 didn´t know how spoiled i was untill i play physical inq XD

1 Like

This change only apply to mobs who self-destruct

Leave it to IMC to find a way to reduce knockdowns and still make the change disappointing. Why would they change self-destructing mobs? Why would they make the new version more boring? Why can’t they just reduce the number of knockdown spells common bosses cast?

3 Likes

Source pls? Not hating on you, I just really wish you were wrong about this bit :wink:

1 Like

I kinda like the change. I assume it will cancel any casting, channeling and animation which still makes it a thing you should avoid. Probably personal bias though since I play hackapell :rofl:

mobs knocback are not so bat but geez IMC change boss knocbakc! cuz 5 knockback in a row from boss its REALLY STUPID

2 Likes

they changed, you gain immunity for the same cc if spammed in you more than 3 times, knockdown included

I guess they’re doing baby steps in terms of knockback mechanics but to be honest, I’d rather see knockback changes from bosses in general since it doesn’t make them “difficult” but only annoying and frustrating to fight.

4 Likes

bahh its says that my cousin really spoiled what tos players wants. and I think this game cannot make itself anymore.

nice, we well see how it works in game soon i hope :slight_smile:

Honestly, if the community remained quiet, We would have a market full of restrictions, prepatch combat system, grindwall, optimization issues, trade restrictions and absurd weapon enhancement values.

It’s not that IMC spoiled the players, its just that it took a long time for IMC to correct these faults which should have been solved during their tests. This could have ended the never ending rant of issues of the game during its release/first months.

3 Likes

I agree that field mobs doesn’t need anymore adjustments after they rework it since rebalance patch. For bosses, make it so for example 1 out of 3 attacks have kb instead of every single one of them… I wouldn’t want it to be completely removed. That’s the only ‘challenge’ we get from TOS bosses daily… :smirk: (I also play hacka so I know the grief).

google translate to english, under the fishing, Monster section

1 Like

This is MMO. It’s meant to be played as a team/party. Tanks are there for a reason.

The problem is people wanting to solo bosses with mages, archers etc and whine about knockbacks.

Majority of my chars are mages, I solo bosses, but dont whine about knockbacks.

Lol. The real problem here is Tanks are mostly useless because most knockbacks are large aoe types. The holy trinity doesn’t exist in tos.

1 Like

I think the main problem is the fact that it costs TP to un-equip cards, so people just use cards that are the most important for all situations (Glass Mole, Chappariton(sp), Werewolf if Rogue, etc) and don’t bother exploring other cards.

Full Gazing Golem cards with Lap mushrooms basically means Pain Barrier is up nearly 100% of the time, so you don’t get knocked back.

Players would explore this possibility if cards weren’t softly-locked with a penalty for trying to unequip them.

Edit: I do agree that Knockback as the main CC component for bosses in PvE is pretty lame, especially when its spammed, but its even more lame that a lot of bosses just lack depth. No real phase transition, no special mechanics for their defeat… just spank (not even tank-n-spank)

but my main is a melee cleric so i dotn even have pain barrier