Tree of Savior Forum

[Klaipeda server] Guy macroing/botting

It’s not actually botting ;3

Get a coin and jam down your ‘Z’ key. Your welcome.

Loads of archers did this in the beta with kneel shot skill.

I know, but it doesn’t justify it or make it acceptable in any way. Also, it’s easier to just call it macroing/botting, rather than writing “He maybe jammed his Z key” in the title.

1 Like

Technically it’s not macroing and not botting, so… In the CBT, they were called “Z-Bots”, which is a good term for what they are doing. It is not forbidden and it looks like IMC is not going to change anything to face this issue.

techinically it is forbidden and it its not… here is the grey area… i am the one that will explain it to you… it you are AWAY from the keyboard and anything is automatic its illegal… if you jam your keys , put your penis on the keys and talk to your girlfriend or boyfriend its NOT illegal… because you are not AWAY from the keyboard… the grey area is so grey kids learn to find the limits of what is GREY and what is illegal… im sorry for you that you had to learn this in 2016… welcome to internet gaming…

1 Like

So its legal? because im interested of doing ti too.

1 Like

You might want to take a look at those topics:

I know, I’ve been in all the iCBTs.

You can’t prove that it’s not macroing, rather than Z-jamming. Unless the person comes forward and says that he jammed his Z, but he can easily be lying.

But honestly, it’s the same thing, except you’re using something to jam the Z key on your keyboard in order to gain something without you actually being there ,rather than doing the same thing with a software for macros.

Only difference is that you can maybe screw up your keyboard by jamming, rather than using a macro, LOL. Yes, macros can be used for more complex things, but that’s beside the point.

And no, I will no look at those topics because they are pointless, nothing will justify it and make it legit in my eyes. Plus, I’ve seen all the cases about it during the iCBTs.

But hey, if you idiots want to defend this behavior, go ahead. Cry later when the game gets ■■■■■■ up out of control.

Well, there are different positions on it, but it is mechanical input. I understand your point and I also think it should not be legal to do this, but in fact it is legal at the moment.

The point is that as long as something is not forbidden, ppl will do it. And this is so easily abusable that you cannot just tell people not to do it… some change of the game mechanics will be required to face this issue.

So Big Kepa farming is still possible? I thought they fixed that.

Ya I will kept crying about how Z-bot is unfair and go to do it myself now.

I’d say it’s being realistic. I agree macro plugins are problematic as you could use aoe skills which is a bot.
This could lead to inflation on item prices and devalue others, but what can the GM’s do?

If I watch a movie and hold down my z key how can you prove I’m jamming it? You can’t. It would lead to overheads and people being wrongfully banned :frowning:

1 Like

Well, YOU wanted an answer, because why the f*** would you post in this forum if you didn’t. Your reaction makes you look bad dude, chill and discuss… If you want to convince anybody you will need to bring actual arguments. Calling us “idiots” won’t bring us closer to a solution.

Simple fix would be having to press Z for each swing. However, I just think they should be super strict about it and forbid Z spamming in one place for a longer periods of time (especially if they’re swinging into an empty space, at that point, it’s clear what they’re doing)

We are humans and we can report based on what we see (we can even whisper them to check if they’re there or not) at which point the report is legit and something should be done.

Ah, I was being retarded, it’s not Big Kepa. I doubt this Z-bot would make a big impact if it’s not big Kepa though, You can farm whole day and probably just kill 1 monsters per few minutes.

No, I wasn’t looking for justifications from random people. I think it’s wrong and I reported it, that’s all there is to this. If there was a proper report section (private one, that just IMC sees), you wouldn’t even be seeing this report.

honestly i cant say you adults here… I HAVE to say you kids… you kids dont understand… macros and keyboard functions are one in the same… your keyboard is a big macro program… hit this key it does this… hit this key, it does this… once you understand that function you will completely understand why trying to BAN kids that are smarter than you and can manipulate that is VERY hard to do… so hard its literally impossible… Its why mouses comes with 12 side buttons? its why keyboards come with 12 side buttons? its why 3rd party programs are SUPER hard to authenticate and ban… these extra 3rd party programs (be it extra mouse keys, extra keyboard keys, a 3rd party program have SINCE THE DAWN THE INTERNET been incapable of being BANWORTHY… ffs… ffs. ffs… ffs. …ffs. …ffs all they are is a program that functions like a Key being input…

If you whispered me I probably wouldn’t respond. Not because I’m AFK but because I don’t like talking to people in game much. :confused:

I was more thinking a solution could be like homonc farmers on Ragnarok. Every 5 minutes your exp gets cut in half when you don’t move.

I literally always ask through whisper “Are you macroing/botting?”. I’m not looking to be social, that’s clear. If he doesn’t respond, he is doing exactly what I think he is doing. Whether it’s z jamming or doing it through a macro, doesn’t even matter at that point.

If you asked me that yeah I’d ignore you.

That’s fine. If I provide a screenshot/video of you not responding in this case, a GM should whisper you as well, if you ignore him, then you have no more excuses. It should be an instant ban.

If the game is getting a GM involved in a macro/bot dispute the game is BEHIND its time… other games have solved this 10 years prior… WITHOUT a gm being needed.