Tree of Savior Forum

[Klaipeda] Guild Battle League [Week 2] [Starts July 8th]

This topic has been edited to reflect the event’s settings for the SECOND WEEK of the Guild Battle League. Posts for this week start at #167.

The best part of any MMO is player-driven content. Taking a step on this direction, our guild is currently setting up a Guild Battle League at Klaipeda server, and we want other guilds to participate and share on the fun with us.

What is the Guild Battle League?

Guild Battle League will be a player-driven system, created in order to provide a better and friendlier PvP environment for all guilds that have an interested in PvP. The goal is to provide daily opportunities for players to engage in Player versus Player, without being dependent on time scheduled features such as the Arena or GvG mode.

Why do players need to create their own system for PvP?

Originally, we wanted to organize war declarations between other PvP guilds, in order to bypass the absolutely awful 3 wars limit currently in place that’s plaguing PvP guilds. After some consideration, we decided on a wider approach to the issue, opening up the system to anyone and everyone.

There are several guilds who have an interest in PvP, but are hesitant to take the leap by themselves. With the support of other guilds, more groups will become confident in trying out PvP in Tree of Savior.

How does it work?

Initially, we’ve created two opposing factions. Futureproof and Clover will be on one side, while Xenization is on the other side. The two factions will be permanently at war with each other. Any guilds that choose to join Guild Battle League may pick either faction to join the battle.

What’s the schedule? When will it start?

Guild Battle League begun 2 weeks ago, and was largely a success. The system worked as intended, and several large skirmishes took place almost every day.

The second week of GBL is scheduled to begin on July 10th.

Depending on how many guilds join, we’ll discuss with each guild’s Templar who needs to be online, and when, to get all the wardecs made all at once.

What are the rules?

The only rule in Guild Battle League is to not destroy Guild Towers belonging to the opposing faction. Towers are not defensible in any sensible way, and having to hide your tower and search for others isn’t fun for anyone. Thus killing Towers is not allowed.

Players from both factions may kill each other at anytime, under any circumstances*. Of course, 2 players of opposing sides may choose to not attack each other, if so they desire.

Some players may be hesitant to agree to those terms, but it’s honestly not as bad as it seems. With so many channels in every map, even if there’s a dozen people actively searching for you, it’s almost impossible to find and kill someone who doesn’t want to be disturbed.

*As an additional rule, we’d like to discourage players from actively PKing players in maps that have Silver Loss Penalty.

What are the requirements?

None. Our goal is to enable more players to experience PvP. As such, we’ve added no barriers to joining the fight. Low levels, high levels, PvP or PvE oriented builds, it doesn’t matter. Every build has at least one or two skills that can contribute to a fight, and those people always make a difference.

Are there any rewards?

Because this system is entirely player-made, there’s no in-game system that can produce rewards. Any sort of reward would require participating guilds to contribute weekly to the Guild Battle League, which is not our current goal. Should surface any interest in rewards, then we’ll come up with something that everyone can agree to.

How are you going to bypass the 3 war declarations limitation?

One of our goals is to have sufficient support to petition IMC to remove this gamebreaking limitation. Fortunately, it’s just as badly coded as everything else in the game. A guild can have more than 3 wars if another guild with less than 3 wars declares war on them.

Considering the maximum of 3 war declarations, up to 8 guilds can participate. With 10 guilds, almost everyone can be at war with everyone on the other side. Unfortunately, in the event of a even teams 4x4 scenario, one guild won’t be able to be at war with one other guild.

Depending on how many guilds participate, the situation may turn out less than ideal, but it’s what IMC has forced upon us. Perhaps with a system like this, we might be able to petition for change.

Please notice that wars have cooldowns in which you’re unable to declare war against the same guild again for 7 days. Because of this, Guild Battle League will last 7 days, and then take a forced break for 7 days for every two-week cycle.

How can my guild join?

I’ll attempt to speak individually to every Guild Leader in Klaipeda, but I might not be able to reach everyone. If your guild has an interest in participating, post your Team name so that I may contact you. My in-game name is Lolipan.

Do the two factions have names?

Teams will be named after our favorite NPCs from the world of Tree of Savior. Our side will be named Team Hauberk, the demon that did nothing wrong.

Can we make more teams/factions?

If and when we get the war declarations limitation lifted, guilds may create more teams/factions if so they desire. With the current limitations, it’s not feasible.

Current Teams

Team Hauberk:

Clover
CuteNotLewd
Futureproof

Team Giltine:

Lotus
ReRoll
Wildfire

If you have any questions or doubts, post them on on this topic. This system depends on the collaboration of several people, but I believe that there are plenty of enthusiastic players around to make this happen.

14 Likes

This is the kind of things i want to see. Player created contents. Too bad i am from Telsiai and won’t be able to participate in this.

Telsiai has a larger population, I am sure something similar would work in there.

Wildfire will be up for a clown fiesta soon^tm

1 Like

Hauberk and Vakarine then. Perfect, recognizable names.

Clover here, I highly recommend joining in the fun even if you’re not a serious, GvG-focused guild.
Our guild isn’t strong enough to engage the larger guilds in an all-out war, but with this system we can call for backup from our faction if need be.

GvG needs organization if it’s to survive with these new limits.
For example, earlier today we got wardec’d by Valhalla.
The reason? Because they were going through the towers, checking them for neutrality by wardec’ing them.
They’re bored and there’s no other way to check for neutrality, the result is a war both sides didn’t really plan for.
Which is not to say Clover isn’t up for war, we DID leave neutrality off, but we would definitely not pick Valhalla as an opponent.
We were hoping for another medium strength guild like us, but all other such guilds probably have neutrality up, forever waiting to level/gear up most of their members and THEN they’ll be ready.
This current state of affairs is stupid.

By establishing an organized system we’ll know for sure which guilds are up for GvG, and match them up with appropriate opponents.
Low to medium strength guilds can come in and participate, since they’ll have allied guilds to back them up.
We can work around the 3 war limit and silly cooldown bug through smart scheduling of wardecs.

Come and join the league, and have something else to look forward to than the grind to ET and world boss mafias.

Sounds really good ~

I am challenging any guild to battle us (xenization). We have been patiently awaiting someone to fight. No challengers at all. I’ll even tell you where my guild tower is if you step up to the plate. There has to be a good guild that is ready for battle. Right?

Sincerely

Azrael

Guess we have to keep things up and going,

It’s been a while since I saw a war declaration @ Klaipeda so,

I support this so bump.

Remove the goddamn wardec limits @IMC

2 Likes

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

Let’s goooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Let’s get this started.

Hello. I agree with what Karga said. Our (ValhallaTM) war dec on clover was literally out of boredom and frustration of every guild of similar size being neutral. We just wanted to casually be at war with a guild to spice up leveling to be honest. We arent really ready for all out war as people are still making their pvp chars. Well i guess besides me :P…

Atom

LoliPantsu whisper me in game @ Munky. I think I have something you will like.

WTB war. Willing to pvp for silver.

@anmannino88

Why not join our Battle League then? Your war with Clover will be over on the same day it begins next week, so you can join our side. If you’d like to go to Xenization’s side, you’d have to wait the next cycle, because you’ll be under cooldown and won’t be able to wardec Clover.

@mrmunky

I saw your message, will try to contact you.

I’ve gotten messages from 3 people when I logged on tonight. I answered but they didn’t reply.

If you use LKChat add-on, make sure I am not on the ban list. I’ll be online again tomorrow, as usual.

CuteNotLewd will join in on the fun! d-dont bully us to much!

3 Likes

Sad that I won’t be able to participate since I will take a break next week, but at least something is starting.

I mean, even after a week of shout it’s almost impossible to get another guild to war.

Hope you will have some fun with that battle league.