Tree of Savior Forum

Kino's Teleport Discussion

YO YO YO WHATUP IT’S YUH BOOIII

So I’ve been playing around on my Wiz3 Kino3 ??? and I decided to have fun and throw a bunch of skill points into Teleport, which is now level 10. I’ve noticed a few things about the ability and I wanted to see if others have noticed things that I haven’t so we can try to unlock all the secrets of this typically terrible, but occasionally awesome and useful ability.

1. The first thing I’ve noticed is that even though the ability’s max range increases with each skill, the distance it makes you travel is still random between 0-max range. This is fairly common knowledge, I guess, but I figured I’d put it here to confirm that I have experienced this as well.

2. Holding a direction when teleporting allows you to control its direction. Again this is common knowledge, but wanted to include it here for anyone who might not know. I will refer to this act from now on as DT (directed teleport) and the randomized teleport as RT.

3. When using teleport to cross impassable terrain, I have only had success with DT when the platform I am DTing to is lower than the one I am currently on. I ALWAYS fail to DT to a platform that is higher than the one I DT from.

4. I have had success teleporting to a higher platform using RT, but this is annoying because often times I will just RT backwards or something stupid.

If anyone else has any observations about being able to control their Teleports, post it here so we can make Kinos great again! :smiley:

I really need to do the “How I believe teleport works” sketch/ugly drawings like I said I would on every thread that mentions teleport…

just imagine random teleport as a vertical arrow moving on a spiral and when you click the arrow drop and where it touches you teleport to if ground…

that’s why you can go up hill…

Directional teleport takes the vertical arrow and make it horisontal in the direction you chose so when you click you move that way as long as there is ground at the other end…

you cant teleport with it to high places cause the arrow goes through wall and there is no ground at the other side of the wall only above it

Makes me wonder if that’s working as intended, or if it’s meant to teleport to the highest-elevation even when you DT. D:

prob intended since it goes straight through everything if it doesn’t detect walk able cells it cancels teleport or teleport you a shorter distance…

Well I just mean, it should be possible to DT to a higher platform within range, rather than have to rely on RT. There’s not really any reason to change how DT works over RT. It just makes the skill less reliable and more annoying. :confused:

You’ve pretty much discovered almost everything I did quite a while ago :’)

I’ve also found out that the distance for manual Teleporting is almost, if not always shorter than random Teleporting, and then there’s this…

1 Like

HAHAH! That is definitely something I did not know! But is certainly fun. xD I’ll have to do this next time I’m in a party and get linked.

Good luck getting someone to cast Physical Link on you lmao.

1 Like