Tree of Savior Forum

Kino3 or Cryo3 ..... which one is better CC?

What do u guys think is better for CC in future (rank 10 maybe)??? For PVP and also PVE

Wiz1 Cryo3 Sorc2 Warlock2

Or

Wiz2 Kino3 Sorc2 Warlock 1

I love sorc so i have to have Sorc
And I think War skill is deadly (even with the nerf…its still deadly) so im sure pick Warlock3 at future…

What im not sure is Cryo3 or kino3 for Cc???

Cryo3:

• Ice pike : freeze probability - not work againt Bloodletting - can cast other skill durimg freeze
  • Ice wall : Sure Freeze - not work againts Bloodletting - Zone Pressure - can cast other skill during freeze - Can trap enemy inside it lv 15
  • Snow Rolling : Sure Cc - Cant cast other skill during rolling - work againts Bloodletting - bypass invicibilty status
  • Frost Pillar : Sure Cc - can cast other skill after summon tree- easily resist by walking away - Pull effect work against Bloodletting - bypass invicibility status

Kino3:

• Telekinesis: Sure Cc - not work againts Bloodletting (Cmiiw) - cant cast other skill during skill channeling - bypass invic status
  • Magnetic Force: Sure Cc (Cmiiw) - work againts Bloodletting (Cmiiw) - can cast other skill after summoning magnetic force - 4 sec bind enemy (Cmiiw) - bypass invic status
  • Rise: Sure CC - Work Againts Bloodletting - can cast other skill during Rise duration - bypass invic status
  • Gravity Pole - useless now

P.s :

• At Pve i dont think cryo and kino CC is usefull like Linker CC
  • At PVP: the idea is to CC enemy by freeze, trap by lvl15 ice wall, Snow Rolled, Frost Pillar/ Telekinesis, Magnetic Force, Rise, Gravity Pole (-_-) and let the sorc summon to attack/ use TS multishot skill (from all “can cast other skill” skill) or just deploy great damage Pole of agony …
  • what i mean by “bypass invic status” is the skill can cc eventhou the enemy in invic status like Safety Zone/ Mackangdal

Which one do u think is better for PVP and PVE??

As of now, Cryo and Kino are better than Linker for CC, HK now only hold for 4 seconds and some monsters can resist it, for example, temple slaves at Workshop map (i think it is there if not the next map) resist JP more than get linked, so i would guess they can still be frozen, held by Cryo and Kino skills.

You can go Cryo 3 Kino 2 and Sorc C2 for that matter, i think it is a good one, or invert to Cryo 2 and Kino 3 if you think it is better.

Sorc 2 for more summon control, Hold and Attack Ground are a must have for it, Summon Salamion is a bad designed skill imo, you can’t control it, it goes off on its own attacking stuff it shouldn’t and die fast depending on what is hitting it, after dying the mob will come after you.

So you go with Summon, Summon Familiar, Summon Servant and the utilities, Ride, Attack Ground, Hold, and for last the rest of the points you can put in Salamion.

I am thinking of a good CC summon here, i only recall now TS special skill Arrow Rain that knock down enemies. Not sure if Chapparition Dark AoE attack blind, same for Necroventer.
Harpeia have a rush skill that can be cast every 2 seconds or 3, it has a knock back/down, its AoE have pushback so if you get surrounded you can use that for a quick escape when you are mounted.

Just take note that you will be a mobile SP sponge, summoned it consume 3% hp, mounted it goes to 10% i think, not counting the SP consumption from the summon skills when you cast them + your Cryo/Kino skills.

1 Like

Well i cant take kino nd cryo at the same time…

Because i will be sorc at rank 5 and warlock at rank 7/8

I need to choose 1 … Cryo or kino for better cc??

I’d like to say:

• PvE oriented: Cryo3
  • PvP oriented: Kino3
    ~> It just a little bit different. But it you choose Soc2, WL: I prefer Cryo3 to Kino3 (note that Kino3 use 4 rank).
    Some notes:
  • Raise, GP are your tools in PvE content. They have limited target.
  • Frost pillar is non-limited.
  • Snowrolling: when you been disabled (push back, knock down, etc), snowball gone. Snowrolling often spread after “rolling” (sometimes doesn’t)
  • Icewalls:

The idea is nice, in reality, harder as you can think.
Although without PP, icewalls 15 still good in PvP.

• Telekinesis: Sure CC enemy… and you (still bug on graphic show and not work as intended in PvP). But it’s good sometimes.

I dont know but i find trapping enemy with 15 ice wall is not that hard… Just need practice and not in the middle of crowd for sure…

Well thank u very much for this answer…

The problem with cryo is… I dont have easy aiming instant cast CC skillat pvp…

• ice spike : linear aoe, easy to dodge just by stepping to the side
  • ice shield : need to be hit… But which melee want to hit me with ice shield on?
  • Snow rolling : long cast… And when enemy know if i cast snow rolling they will run far far away
  • ice tree : its cc… Its instant cast… But enemy can easily walk away from it
  • ice wall : instant cast… But its a linear AoE

Kino :

• tele : instant cast… Cc enemy and me (T_T) … But the big prize is i can bring enemy to my pole of agony or bring enemy to the front of my TS
  • magnet : need aim… But when it hits enemy i can ride my ts and cast multishot at the enemy
  • rise : the ultimate cc… Instant cast… Wide aoe… Surprise enemy and cant be evaded…and the bonus is i can ride my TS and cast multishot
  • gravity pole : i dont know the use of this skill beside pve… So useless at pvp

What do u think about this??

I need teamate protect me around 3~4s for set-up Icewalls 15 to bursting in TBL (._.)
it’s harder to use icewalls to surround enemies, everybody run as fast as they can in TBL.
I’d said: Kino3 always good in PvP, Cryo3 good, but Kino3 better. IMO Cryo is better on PvE side (unlimited-target-tree) and Wiz-Cryo3-Soc2-WL is one of popular Soc’s build. Their bats really annoying :joy:
About Cryo3 side in PvP:

• You forgot Ice-bolt, it’s helpful (even if the nerfed frozen chance). It’s easier to use than Ice pike.
  • Ice pike can use as follow-up-skill in CC chain.
  • Ice shield: err… I found some situation it becomes helpful in my case: Cata rush + swing their spear, you still got reflect damage (in case you can substain), make some swordy/cleric(maybe?) get away from you. They are afraid of frozen, it’s good.
  • Without PD (ofc, cryo’s big problem), cast Icewalls to lock foes in narrow place and Frost pillar, it’s annoying. Maxed Icewalls with Audra (maybe Cleric’s Divine Might plus?) is very annoying in TBL.

Wait… Whats the use of ice bolt now??

I think its useless at pvp now… Just give damage… I have tried to check the freezing chance without ice bolt attribute and its very low… 12 times i cast ice bolt, only 1 freeze enemy… Thats very low chance

Yeah i like the idea of cast ice wall at narrow place and frost pillar… I wish imc would increase ice wall duration… 30 secs maybe ^^

I really cant decide to choose kino3 or cryo 3 T__T

:fearful: your luck are really …bad. I usally freeze s.o with 2~3 charge overheat (rarely not frozen after 3 charge). I find this is easier to use than Ice pike (keep me away from them, I’m squishy).
Well, I think you are pvp-oriented, could consdier Kino3. They are insane in PvP.

cryo3>linker2>warlock2

is there any source to show… how % chance of freeze from ice bolt??

I think no reliable source show frozen chance from ice bolt.

ice bolt has been nerfed, it no longer can freeze unless im just ignorant and dont know what im sayinv

It can still freeze at maybe 30% chance. Only its additional chance to freeze attribute was disabled in PvP.

Unless I’m just ignorant and don’t know what I’m saying :joy: