Tree of Savior Forum

Kino or Elementalist? or something else?

So far I’m:
wiz>pyro>pyro>linker

I want to stick to a DPS/AoE build. I have 2 major questions with subquestions:

1. With Kino, I heard the fireball-psychic pressure combo is nerfed so that the ball now moves as PP is applied; is that true? If so, how manageable is that combo with Joint Penalty? Also heard that Telekinesis can no longer control the fireball. If that’s the case, with just Kino2, would the only two viable DPS skills be PP and Magnetic Force?

2. With Elementalist, the AoE and DPS–from what I’ve heard and read–is decent, but with long cast times and CDs, is the class worth it? Have seen mixed reviews with some saying that with Linker abilities, the class is manageable or even deadly; and others saying it’s just complete crap with long cast times and CDs. I don’t plan to go Elementalist C3 (Frost Cloud, I know).

Ultimately, it’s almost a pick-your-poison scenario, should I go with shorter cast time but limited skills (Kino) or should I go with potentially potent AoE and DPS but longer cast times and CDs? Any insight is much appreciated!

In hindsight, I probably would have been better off going:

wiz>cryo>kino>linker>kino>kino
or
wiz>wiz>wiz>elem>elem>elem

Leveling would probably be sh*t on the front-end, but would likely make the most use of both Kino (gravity pole) and Elementalist (frost cloud plus quick cast).

1. You can hit linked target with PP to trigger the combo but with the hit limit nerf to linker in itos it won’t last long. Telekinesis can still control a fireball, it’s not really useful because the animation is slow and only move a single fireball, using swap is better for fireball control. Magnetic force deals very little damage but it’s a good CC, no interaction with fireball.

2. Link improve electrocute/hail damage, not worth going pyro2link ele3.

wiz>pyro>kino>linker>kino>kino is very weak with only fireball lv5, might as well go cryo for icewall+pp.

wiz3ele3 is the best aoe dps and isn’t troublesome to level at all.

Did you omit rank 7 on purpose ?

1 Like

I see… Thanks for the feedback; really helped. And yeah, I did omit rank 7 on purpose since I haven’t made up my mind; was thinking maybe Warlock.

In retrospect, I would’ve definitely gone wiz3ele3, but I’m already rank 4 with:
wiz>pyro2>linker

So, I’m trying to make best with what I already have. Seems like right now my best bet is:
wiz>pyro2>link>ele2>warlock (if I decide to be warlock) ?

I don’t think that’s your best bet with what you’ve got. I and most people don’t really recommend taking any circles of Elementalist if you’re not going for 3 circles.

Pyro2>Linker is still a pretty common base for Alchemist, Summoners and Featherfoot; less common, but still decent in theory, for Thauma and Chrono.

@tampon Agreed. I forgot to mention, I don’t want to play sorcerer. It seems the only way it could be an effective DPS class is with Templeshooter. And the way it’s being farmed (and the inefficiency of card battles), I just won’t make use of the class due to time constraint (working as well).

Featherfoot was my initial choice, but it’s more of a single-target/boss-killing class. I know some people try to combo linker-FF but at best it seems like a mediocre AoE combo.

I considered Thauma since it can be DPS while supporting, but it just came down to the aesthetic factor of skills; it’s ugly in other words (big arm; like really? haha).

Another practical build might be to go pyro3 and maybe another circle of linker. The almost OP Fireball would be great along with Max Flame Ground and lvl10 Fire Pillar (heard Hell Breath is sh*t and it seems that way). Combo with lvl10 Joint Penalty would likely be decent AoE and damage. Although I’m dreading using the same skills; I know, I can’t have it all unfortunately.

Have you considered this?

Linker and Pyro go pretty well together. You could either get a second circle of linker and/or a third of pyro or just mix something else in that you are interested in like Sorc or Necro or whatever then finish with Warlock.

@Anarth Yeah, I have. I responded to another person right above that I don’t enjoy using the same skills (however more efficient) for another two ranks. Just a personal preference. But I agree that pyro3 and link2 is a good combo with Warlock.