Tree of Savior Forum

Kabbalist C2-C3 improvements for smoother gameplay experience

As with recent rebalancing, many adjustments have been made to several Cleric Classes, including Paladin,Krivis and Oracle.
Judging from these changes/improvement is that the developers aimed for a more casual and easy playstyle combined with buff mechanic improvements (i.e. the buff duration and buff AoE were improved for many buff skills).

However, none of these changes applied to the Kabbalist Class.

What Kabbalist got were some rather random attributes limited to certain kinds of equipment (i.e. shield,full cloth armor set and mace/rod to have the attributes do anything) and an improvement of Gematria and Notarikon.

Judging from the other buffs, I think it’s time for some gameplay-improvement changes for Kabbalist as well, concerning his skills.

First of all (and most importantly) Merkabah needs more damage. I’ve already made a suggestion and several feedbacks regarding this situation, but nothing did change.
In fact, the developers themselves even made Krivis (a Rank 2 support Class) stronger than Kabbalist with the most recent Krivis boost.

Let me elucidate what I mean:
Krivis’ Divine Stigma damage was improved to now 237% per tick at level 10, with a CD time of 30 seconds.
To put this into perspective:
this means that it deals 15x237= 3555% over 15 seconds to up to 5 enemies.
Meanwhile, Kabbalists level 5 Merkabah only deals 335x5+100x5= 2175% damage over the course of 4-22 seconds (depending on wether you have the slow movement attribute activated or not).

However, Krivis also has an attribute for up to 50% more damage against devil type monsters (the secondly most common enemy type after beast with over 970 database entries) for his Divine Stigma, and has Zaibas for even more damage and less CD time compared to Merkabah.

So, we can say that Krivis outclasses Kabbalist by a whole lot even though he is a Rank 2 Class.

But this is not all.
There is also the new Daino attribute for Krivis 3rd Circle, which turns Daino into an unlimited level 5 Gebura for autoattacks (i.e. you deal double damage with autoattacks, seperated into two hits).

The thing I fear for Merkabah is that it will soon become the skill with the weakest damageoutput of all skills if the developers keep adding damage here and there but don’t have anything left over for Merkabah, which is basically a buff now rather than a damage skill (ironic, isn’t it? It started as a damage skill and turned into a buff/protection skill at C2; meanwhile, Divine Stigma started as a buff skill and now became a damage skill that outdamages Merkabah by a whole margin).

That’s why I made a suggestion some months earlier based on historic background which would be fitting to the Kabbalist theme and solve the damage problem without needing to tweak with the skill values :

About the utility problem:
With the more recent changes as the level 360 cap was introduced, many buffs were changed to have either naturally long durations (e.g. Paladins Restoration) or artificially enhanced durations (e.g. Monstrance: Buff Duration attribute) via attributes, resulting in most common buffs having a duration of 5 minutes.
So for the sake of gameplay-friendliness of Kabbalist, it would be nice if Ein Sof also could recieve a similar treatment, improving its buff duration via a Circle 2 or Circle 3 attribute to 5 minutes, similarly to how Monstrances duration was boosted.

There are two reasons why this would be a viable gameplay change:

1. the duration of the skill and the CD time are already pretty close at level 11, there is no real reason why to keep it artificially short-lived so you have to recast it more often.

2. The gameplay advantages are small since the skill already casts 2 instances via a new Circle 3 attribute, so more people would be able to have the advantage of improved healing/recovery effects and maximum HP;
    this in turn would make Kabbalist a better addition to the party as sooner or later the whole party would be able to have the benefits of this skill.

Another proposal would be the introduction of a new attribute for Double Chance, which reduces its CD time at the expense of a reduced debuff duration, similarly to how the new Cannon Barrage attribute trades damage for CD time reduction, e.g. reducing the debuff duration from 15 seconds to 8 seconds for a CD reduction from 35 seconds to 25 seconds;

The same could be offered e.g. for Gebura, where you reduce the amount of hits featured by Gebura by 1/3 for 50% less CD time.

Another small addition:
please enable the attribute effect that improves the number value to 3 if it is lower than 3, which is currently available for Double Chance and Gebura [Gebura/Double Chance : Minimum Correction {연타 챤스: 최소 보정/게부라: 최소 보정}], also for Reduce Level and Clone.

Clone could need a CD reduction, maybe 2-3 seconds per skilllevel so that the maximum level would be more attractive. Also, an attribute with a chance to create a red aura mob [the one who call in more mobs when killed] (e.g. called Clone : Exponential Growth) could be a nice addition to make the skill more useful.

Those kind of utility changes could greatly improve Kabbalists overall performance.

1 Like

totally agree merkabah is junk skill
need charge and low damage