Tree of Savior Forum

Kabad boss EP12

All good, thank you for the offer though <3

Sadly not! Yeah I think the issue is probably the cannon, as every skill locks you in place, and you gotta use one of your leaps to get out of the way after you use on of the skills so its like reee

Thank you for that! <3

You could try using xbow+shield, with cannon on auto swap. The ability to block and the extra pdef might help.

1 Like

well given its new server with all its freshness, i can tell
but i just deal with him just now and man before i deal with him i read this thread title and i thought im gonna face something terrifying cause so far the 2 insects and zaura jr boss are easy kill too.
just try avoid his stone things and watch the timing if you are melee
or just play cleric like me.get sufficient hp and if you still die than you play it wrong haha(unless you are zealot who wish to die so bad and sacrifice for others and get nothing for yourself)

1 Like

my understanding of this particular attack is that it’s actually multiple earth spikes that get split among allies in casting range. if you are alone, they will all target you and deal all the damage to you.
other targets (like diev statues) will divert the heat or even tank it entirely if you are able to run out of range.
unfortunately, I don’t have advice for soloing on classes that don’t have immunities/jumps/“allies”, but…you can get an ally diev who makes it trivially easy, or ,you get a 14d full class reset voucher at the end of the questline, so perhaps with a sacrificial pet and/or a temporary class change could help?

1 Like

This last boss kinda catch us by surprise, cause bosses before Kabbad kinda easy to solo. I can solo with priest-ora-diev (with 140k hp) main damage is from diev’s owl statue but it take about 30min.

Hello there fellow cannon enthusiast, I see that you had trouble against this boss and here are some tips i can give before you want to attempt a challenge against him one more time.

Also, do get invested in this ART if possible:

It is a 100% uptime buff for matross and It kinda speeds up the damage dealing process due to the slow animation and nature of the class itself.

I have pretty much similar stats on this character to your character:

Weapon used was a Velco + 16 with outdated ichors.

From your description, i believe you struggled getting wiped by his Earth Spike (that knockbacks)
which will cancel the Cannon animation. That will be really annoying as it nullifies all your damage entirely if the animation is not completed in time

Firstly as a cannoneer, is your advantage in range ( in bazooka stance ). Even without the stance, skills like Cannon Barrage, Explosion, Sweeping Cannon have the largest hitbox/range. If you have trouble aiming, use “Ctrl” key to target lock

Never face tank that boss with a cannoneer, you will pay a very heavy price for that. Also, you will notice how Kabad does a casting animation before the Earth spikes are thrown. In which he will do a dash after that. Watch out for those

The getaway method around this boss on a cannoneer is to keep kiting him while dishing out the long range skills i mentioned above. Also do note that you have 2 iframe skills to use, namely fire&run and leap, which you can use to iframe dodge those skills or to reposition yourself. Canistor shot should always be placed in the middle while you keep trying to kite him around. Also, you have pheasant and Tomahawak from falcon to push out more dps. ( I am a wuga variant)

It will be a slow chipping process, but it will definitely work.
Do bring 3 types of HP potions if you feel insecure:
( Alchemist’s lvl 15 , Item Merchant Huge Potion, HP Elixirs )

Managed to solo kill Kabad with around 20ish soul crystals used, i used a lot of repair kits too, when i die and get my equipment durability reduced.

I think i have worse stats than yours, though i used my Outlaw-BM so i did manage to evade a lot and time bloody overdrive invincibility during the deadly earth spike attack.

There’s also this buff potion from the moringponia shop, it sells for cheap in the market, it reduces damage to 50% iirc, 30 sec duration but 60 sec cd. i don’t die from the earth spike if this buff is active.

i also have stuns, blind, and freeze on my arsenal and i think that saved me too

I silenced him for 40 seconds with One Inch Punch as a Monk and burst him down solo before he could try anything. Getting some CC helps make the fight easy, I guess.

it is easy with arbalest hunter, my defense is 38K this make me not die from that boss, kill it under ten minute , btw iam new server too,

I should try this when my monk gets there. I had an experience though, where Kabad’s very first attack is the earth spike. right after the dialogue with Neringa. i was shookt.

Ah, how nice it is to have a new server with great rewards and 300% exp boost.
BTW what’s your current equips, if you don’t mind. EDIT: i just realized you probably have a shield (correct me if i am wrong)

of course, savi +11 trans 8 set with shield

I don’t know much about the boss, only heard from others that the boss is extremely troublesome so I spared no efforts to kill him safely. Used Fade, re-positioned, opened with One Inch Punch, and once I saw that he gets affected by silence, I burst him down fast while maintaining One Inch Punch debuff. I killed him on first try so I don’t know much about its attack patterns.

1 Like

This post made me laugh so much. This goat @sshole was a nightmare. I like to call him Goat Misrus. I got facerolled a bunch of times but when I checked there were no posts about him, so I figured it was just me being too weak lol

In the end I asked someone to team up with me. It’s a 1000x easier when he targets more than one person because it gives you a chance to attack him uninterrupted (instead of getting blasted by that rock attack). We still died a few times but eventually managed to burst him down to 0. The second best part about teaming up is that he can’t heal the way he normally does when you die.

So yeah, I wouldn’t advise soloing him, but if you’re determined to then all I can say is good luck lol. It’s probably doable, but I’d probably have snapped my keyboard over my knee before I managed to pull that off

1 Like

I think you guys just underlevel. Try again after 440.

To be honest I also was taken by surprise the first couple of times because all the other bosses were such pushovers I didn’t expect to get all that damage and didn’t even bother avoiding attacks that much lul. Third time I simply avoided the siphons, and jumped when it casted the stones. Zero issues.

Tbh I’d love many more bosses like this, as it was in r7 era. Many quest bosses ■■■■■■ you up, and it was fun.

1 Like

I do already have that Art skill, and also the Art enhance for the same skill!

Thank you for all your helpful tips! I was able to do it in the end with help from @Fenatte

2 Likes

Can’t tell much atm because I only completed the quest with wizards and monk/inqui which have CC and the boss is susceptible to CC so it felt like fighting Amiss Dog (easy fight). I fear it’s going to be much more difficult with my mergen. Maybe bring a pet would help?

This topic was automatically closed after 60 days. New replies are no longer allowed.