Tree of Savior Forum

Josh Strife Hayes reviews Tree of Savior

Also.

WTF with new kTEST patch, hello IMC? Are you good in the head atm?

i thought he was doing a funny for sounding like someone who didn’t invest too much time for the game and made hasty conclusions and out of place comparisons. aside from his shameless multiple promotions for his favorite fps game…

All mobs HP drop down to 20~25%. The skill factor got reduced to compensate that. We’re doing the same damage, just less digits.

2 Likes

Just asking: Who is this dude? Is he famous? I do not watch much youtube so I don’t have the slightest idea of who he is.

Yes, he’s pretty big when it comes to MMORPG Youtube content in general.

His Tree of Savior video is almost at 200k views now. I don’t think any Tree of Savior content on Youtube ever had those kind of views except for ToS soundtrack videos from 2016 when the game launched.

2 Likes

Not the first time for sure. Probably to balance power creep without inflating the cap damage.
What will be next after the waves of buffs to follow in future content patch and skill balancing?

“REVAMPED DAMAGE FORMULAE” [RESOLVED]

1 Like

Worry not, our friend ShanoCanavitos up there will pay rerolls for everyone.

Never forget, devs reasoned that re:build was to make balancing of classes easier, but…

1 Like

Funny how the recent replies are getting even more out of topic
We were talking about this guy review and the latest replies are bashing about ktest latest patch
Lol

3 Likes

Well, it is true that for a new player coming without any guidance from a veteran player the game is REALLY confusing, even at early stages. The tutorials are there, but are more or less hidden, and the game has so many Gear progression that even below level 460 we see Gems, Enchant Stones, Awakening, Enhance and Trascendence… things that seem so important that we don’t even use them, we save them thinking that they’re going to be more useful in our endgame Gear.

The same goes for Item drops, the first playtrough we save EVERYTHING thinking it will be useful someday, but it never is, and that confuses so much in the early stages. Also, oneshotting everything even at high levels becomes boring really fast, specially if you’re not paying attention to the story/lore (even if it’s really good and I personally like it a lot until Episode 12 or 12-2).

Another thing that comes to mind is that new players in general always want to make things perfect for their chars, not wanting to experiment much with the system and Class combinations. Veteran players who answer questions of new players also tend to say “just do this Build and get this Gear, nothing more matters”. The content is seen just as a mean to get more Gear, not as something entertaining, and if the grinding is not entertaining in an MMO, then the game is not entertaining.

Also, EVERYTIME the game seems to get more players because of a big update, the servers and the game itself isn’t capable of sustain it, making everything lag and so unbearable that scares every new/returning player that comes to see the new content. This game is badly optimized and that makes it explode when 2k+ players are on a server at once. Since launch it has been like that, and hasn’t been fixed and I don’t think it will be fixed.

I like this game, and every MMO is really confusing at first, but you need to make the early game more interesting to make people stay and wanting to see how is the endgame if the early game is so fun already. Make the bosses matter, make the early maps matter more, make the early mobs survive 1 or more hits, introduce the Gear Progression more subtly. It’s not fun but really overwhelming that you reach lvl 450+ just 1shotting everything and then you hit a HUGE wall that make everything you do before that useless.

And please, make the servers and the game support more players. I’m sure that this game would be so, so, so much more famous and big if it could support all the players that came on launch at once, without crashing or bugging even when you changed maps. The same for the big updates, make it support more than 1000 people on each server and don’t lag so much when you have 50+ people on the same channel.

TL;DR:
-Make the early game more interesting.
-Optimize your game to support more people playing it at once.

2 Likes

The criticisms in the video in regards to the new player experience are justified. I recently returned after a long hiatus and I’m still overwhelmed with everything.

The only proper introduction to a new system ToS has done in recent memory is with Assisters through an actual questline, but this is one of the simpler systems in ToS, so imagine how a completely new player must feel having to source out all the necessary info on all the systems themselves. The pop-up text dumps are the laziest way possible to explain systems to players and nobody reads through them, since it’s time consuming and not engaging at all.

It feels like ToS is doing everything half-baked and changes direction every 6 months.

We got a goddess equipment system at level 460, but before that everything equipment related has to be done through NPC’s, so why not change both in such a way so everything is done through the goddess equipment system, so new and returning players have an easier time getting accustomed to the system?

IMC’s refusal to make crafting classes combat compatible, since they want them to be dedicated to crafting only yet the crafting systems for those classes are never updated, expanded upon, or improved in any way shape or form.

Sudden influx of players? Let’s slowly wait this is out and only increase sever capacity until 90% already have given up on the game due to lag, bugs, or errors caused by IMC acting at snails pace.

We get an announcement in regards to common classes a few months ago. The is immediately scrapped after a few days and now we suddenly start to lose all class synergies and get nerfed numbers across the board for…reasons.

5 Likes

Whether people wanna admit it or not, JSH was spot on with the “new player experience”.

It’s hard to imagine it for any of us who are currently playing, have returned a while back already or have never left in the first place (since we generally have an idea of what to expect, or where to look for information).

If you’ve ever brought a fresh player into the game recently, the amount of questions you’d have to answer and pre-empt would be astronomical as opposed to a game that’ll let a new player “experience” things first-hand or give a tutorial w/o giving A tutorial (you know what I mean?).

This is why the game gets dropped like a newborn giraffe by complete newbies that don’t get enough support or information early on.

It’s even worse for people that want to organically explore a game’s mechanics but are instead bombarded with prompts and/or walls of text.

TL;DR - Long time ToS players, and returnees, will have an infinitely better time with getting into the game than a 100%-certified-fresh player would because of how IMC effed up the “real new player experience” (empty maps, fast leveling, info overload etc…)

More people quit than stay, which is why we’re dying as a population. How IMC can fix this is beyond all of us.

4 Likes

Tos lost its momentum so it’s kinda too late for any kind of fix that aimed to increase its player base
It’s too late for tos to get exposed and even they have the miraculous chance to get exposed they won’t be ready for it
The best option they have is to keep the loyal players busy with their updates and cute costumes

3 Likes

I do wish JSH would have spent more than 8 hours into discovering the disasters of what was suppose to be the spiritual successor of RO. He doesn’t understand how awesome it feels to receive the plastic free gear from Lena for level progression. Or the amount of whaling and gambling systems involved for end game.

3 Likes

I found out this old review from the early release time:

Ah the nostalgia…

Honestly he also misrepresented Genshin so I’m kinda salty about that and I blocked his channel (don’t recommend button) because I keep getting recommendations.

But still sad what happened to this game. At this point even if they do a perfect Exos Seven Resurrection it still won’t fix the issues because the IP is already tainted just like what happened to games like Anthem, Marvel’s Avengers.

Still lurking though, maybe they’ll try to funnel their resources into trying to fix the game.

1 Like

Welcome to the “crazy and predator” group. There is only one fact is that you are here on the forum and belong to the sect and end of conversation. But who doesn’t have 5 minutes of madness? :joy:

Don’t be surprised, they went as far as flagging the previous Ktos thread until it was deleted and re-opened by the “right” user.

2 Likes

This man has no popolion in this fight. New Guy looking in it was entertaining to watch. but he barely scratched the surface of whats wrong with the game.

1 Like

First ive heard of any of this.