Tree of Savior Forum

Joint penalty clarification

So joint penalty shares the damage taken, lets say i hit one enemy with a debuf f do they all then share that debuff? ie, i saw a video where featherfoot was using blood bath on one linked mob, but it shared the effect to all the monsters is this still the case? or is it just a damage share.

Debuffs are not shared, only damage. Although, shared isn’t the right word: cloned/mimicked is closer to correct.

It does not share CC (freeze, slow, stun) but status effect, like poison from Wugushi does share, in feather foot case, it’s not CC but bleeding effect so it still share I believe

CC isn’t affected by it, however Debuffs that involve damage such as Bleeding or Poison shares it because Joint penalty shares anything that involves damage. One note is however if you use a debuff that decreases the enemies physical or magical defense to said target and attack that inflicted target, the rest of the mobs take the exact amount of damage similar to the affected target. Just thought I should give a tip if you didn’t know but probably you did xD.

Mainly beneficial to debuffs like
Armor Break
Bleeding
Poison
Additional damage specifics such as debuffs or enemy size
etc.
you get the idea.

Hello. I can definitely confirm that my Backstab’s stun is getting shared via Joint Penalty. Some debuff/cc seems to get shared or maybe that’s because Backstab has damage and that damage procs the stun.

Joint penalty is shared in damage wise, so if you were to use a skill that has a damage hitbox + said CC to go with then yes its shared but however the proc chance can be random at any point so even if you proc it at one target it goes by rng for the rest of the other. but I’m glad that you did confirm this tho
As I’ve tried restraint on swordsman C2 and each auto hit has a chance to stun and its effected multiple targets.

After some research, it seems like Joint Penalty is confusing as hell. For instance, Wugushi’s Wugong Wu will splash and spread onto all targets with the Host debuff as well as the Infected debuff, but Needle Blow will only afflict one target–however each tick hits twice on JPed targets. Then there’s what Dream just said, about Stun being procced on linked targets from Backstab.

The mechanics behind debuff interaction with JP seems pretty mysterious…