Tree of Savior Forum

Joining / Leaving Parties gotten slower?

I’ve noticed that joining and leaving parties now takes a few seconds, whereas it used to take less than half a second. This also happens when queueing for dungeons/instances.

Has anyone else noticed this? It’s not latency on my end, I can do everything else just fine.

2 Likes

everyone i know still lags whenever someone joins what are you talking about? :tired:

I think this mostly has to do with what the game is prioritizing, as I have noticed that loading times for map entry have improved significantly, while things like guild emblems take minutes to show up sometimes.

It is possible that joining/leaving parties was de-prioritized as well to improve loading times.

I actually freeze for 1-2 seconds everytime someone joins, I don’t know if it’s just me…

The freeze happens if you have the quest sharing function enabled. Dunno if it’s the same issue reported by the OP though.

1 Like

It’s not, though I happen to experience that too.

Yesterday, I timed it, and I was waiting about 7 seconds. Today, after the update, I can join parties/queue in less than half a second again. We’ll see how it goes after a week or so.

Seems like it also has something to do with the number gimmick thing that they’ve removed in ktest/ktos can’t remember. It tells you ‘You have achieved “x number” for the combination’ and then you lag hard. As a player that started after this number gimmick was introduced, I had no idea what those things were in the field and left many of them uncompleted. Now when I kill a monster and get a piece of the combination, I notice I get lag similar to when someone joins the party. Hopefully it’s getting removed completely just fixes it but ya never know.

that makes alot of sense i used to have 160-190 ping but after getting spammed by those gimmicks i started spiking to 600-800 constantly, they really need to remove these :tired:

After the recent maintenance the party lag issue is okay, but you are still facing instances of lag when certain gimmick quests appear on the map?

Could you give me a specific example? :sob:

The issue has come back. Both party and instance joining are delayed by a few seconds.

@STAFF_Letitia

Reoorting this one as well…
Telsiai server

Experiencing this too. I thought the party was full when I clicked the CM party link, so I AFKed. To my surprise after 3 mins, I was in party. I apologized thereafter.

Last time as well as this time it started during the middle of the week and got worse and worse until maintenance before magically disappearing (a shame this magic couldn’t happen earlier), and then the next week, we were graced with an even more fun type of lag with constant skill delays up to 10 seconds long
:distinguished:

This topic was automatically closed after 60 days. New replies are no longer allowed.