Tree of Savior Forum

Join the monk hype (?) a druid build theorycraft

Sooooooooo

Yesterday I come across the 10920409480 thread on reddit about monk inqui vs pallyinqui.

One guy reply captured my interest:

I always liked the potential of monk 1, but I was never sold on the rank 6 filler. For me oracle is sweet, but a bit redundant no matter what with PD, plus Im into PvE and kabba was never that expiring (given the rather optional PvP monk 1 oracle 1 kabba 1 inqui 1 raimbow build).

Now, looking instead into druid, what you get more or less:

C2: standard all around support
Priest 1: monstrance (nuff said) and ress
Diev 1: filler vs leather, CD reduction totem and +20% DPS all along with Druid
Druid: +20% DPS (with Diev), invulnerability, transformation (self haste, ridicolous crit ress, utility all around)
Inqui: kappa

Maybe I’m just hyped but honestly, what do you think?

1 Like
  1. No [hengestone] to double your hp and atk/matk.
  2. No transform will ever match the damage of werewolf. The only worth transform has is the utility.

You can’t take druid 3 on a monk since you can’t spam phisical skills with him (no double pounch).

Plus is not like you are taking nothing over druid 3, you are still taking inquisitor.

This build has more DPS then oracle 1 / kabba 1, and I would say more PvE utility overall.

Well, actually turning into a large beast type would still give quite some HP and crit rate, even without werewolf. Not sure whether there’s any transform like that with useful skills, but the passive buffs alone are definetely worth it IMO.

@b4nj0 thing is, werewolf has a better [double punch]. The spammable skill on druid is scratch. It has: 0 cd, hits 2x, has a larger hit box, and doesn’t deal less damage to leather (doesn’t deal more damage to plate though). Add to that the 6.6k atk that comes with werewolf form AND double hp,atk,matk.

I mean look at these stats
Caster druid stats

On my own druid I do 12k white damage and 18k crit damage with 0 invested STR on a 5 hammer. If I switch over to the Zeuni I do about 1.2k white damage per hit on PoA.

As for the inquisitor, I suppose I can see using transforms only for the +50% crit rate and 100% eva or 75% max HP. I don’t have an inquisitor yet (20 more lvs to go) but from what I understand, it only has burst. I suppose that would be the trade off: burst for sustained damage.

@yurichalps so yeah, utility. I’ve been looking for a small beast/plant that has more utility than damage for that reason.

@c2gaming.seetoo
I don’t know why you’re comparing Monk against Druid3, where the point is to make a PvE Monk-Inquisitor with Druid2 as the “filler” R6 and R7. The build doesn’t revolve around Druid, it just makes use of it.

And if you really want to put Druid3 in the topic, you should be comparing Druid 3 against Inquisitor

1 Like

That wasn’t my intent. My initial response was basically “you are a transform druid without hengestone and all its benefits”. OP then mentions [double punch] so I took that chance to inform him that werewolf comes with an upgraded version of [double punch]. It wasn’t a “r5 monk vs r8 druid” thing, but rather “you want to [double punch]? Heres the upgraded version”.

The thing I got from the OP is that he knows what the common/popular inqui is and was interested in the druid2 filler. I’m just giving out information that helps in choosing against it.

And my druid 3 vs inqui is pretty straight forward (assuming he’s going crit build): burst or sustained damage.

Are both values henged and does your 5-hammer contain Red Gems? That looks really weak for Zeuni. I also have 0 STR, unhenged, and using Five Hammer with Red Gems. Mine hit for much more

Also, POA is a fire and forget skill. You could be Double Punching while POA does its thing

I’m not saying it’s going to be stronger than Druid3. I must admit Druid3 is extremely strong. Druid3 brings insane personal damage. Inquisitor has its own stuff that I believe could help a party dish out more damage than what we could get with a Druid3.

I went with green gems because I really don’t like high variance in damage (that and it would cost me more to switch to red gems).

I don’t have a weapon to try this with yet but if it works transform druids could be an actual thing. Not sure if it was @s1lv3rw0lf that said it but someone said werewolf snap shots atk and that allows him to switch to a weaker weapon with an effect (vubb morningstar). It could be the same with transforms.

(im on mobile more details later)
Yes. The way snap shooting with druid works is usibg the damage bonus from transforming under Hengestone.

Lets do aquick example:

Normal weapon equipped raw patt total: 1000
Alternate weapon equipped raw patt total: 200

If you transform under HS with the normal weapon: 2000patt
If you transform under HS with the alternate weap: 400patt
If you switch weapons once transformed: 1200patt
As you can see it reduces the difference between the normal and alt weapon. But keeps the bonus until the transform is broken.

Crit Rate bonus from Beast-Transformation (no Henge) is also snapped that way. I’m guessing the other Transformation %-bonuses also work in that manner

Ok, just tried it. It does snap shot even for [transform]. But then druid 3 and inquisitor are competing for the same spot.

Yeah, the point of this topic wasn’t to find a meta build comparable to c2 diev 3 druid 3 (which is, ofc, super solid) but to find a good PvE build to somebody stupid enough to try a monk.

It does have all the end game for a potential monk pve, but I dont think monk 3 is good enough to dedicate 3 circles to itm just saying.

Given the +50% crit rate from transform and monstrance up 24/7, how much dex is suggested?

Asking since I have chosen to roll this abomination as an alt, because I do have already all the items for it (2x gladiator, max peta, didel tower, virtov/grynas etc) and attributes are kinda okish at the beginning (double punch is the only true priority)

Worth to keep in mind that I will have 0 crit rate on gear (2x gladiators, yellow gems on main hand) if I can avoid it.

What I wanted to ask, to make it more easier, if it’s the +50% crit rate is calculated AFTER monstrance or before it.

At that point the next question is gonna be elleganos vs glass mole :3

Last nab question: since I dont have Iron fist, what do u suggest between toy hammer and Magas Mace?

I think those are the ultimate doubts

@tampon if you can share your gear, dex and crit rate would be nice.

Thx for the help! :3 In a couple of months I should be able to give you some decent feedbacks for early end game :wink:

I’m not wearing any dex-increasing or crit-increasing gear besides Max Petamion. Not wearing any cards either

Level: 280

Dex:

invested: 273
gearless: 353
geared: 367
geared + monstrance: 487

Crit Rate:

gearless: 360
geared: 374

geared + monstrance: 494

geared + monstrance + beastform: 741
geared + monstrance + beastform - monstrance (expire): 621
geared + monstrance + beastform - monstrance (expire) + monstrance (rebuff): 741

geared + beastform: 561
geared + beastform + monstrance: 681

should also answer the +50% Crit Rate before or after Monstrance

Five Hammer with Yellow Gems (I’m using Red though, because I use it for all my wizards, clerics, and swordies LOL). You’ll want the AoE Attack Ratio, or else you might miss hitting your Breaking Wheel with mobs around

Probably Glass Moles. I don’t think you’ll need the Dex from Ellaganos. You’ll already get a lot of invulnerability and a lot of crit rate

(minor?) Problem with Glass Moles though is that you’ll be stocking more SP potions than normal. You already have the Wood, Wheel, and Stamina Pills taking up a lot of weight

Thx for the typs, gonna do a bit or math myself.

That crit rate is super high and you really run the risk to overkill it, I was thinking about a str/dex balanced build already but looks like I have put too much dex on paper :stuck_out_tongue:

I dont like five hammer, losing all that crit atk with yellow gems is a BIG lost of dps.

Plus Im gonna have 2 gladiator and vubble gloves so +4 atk ratio is already there.

Five hammers is still the best pre end game hammer for sure (plus wereable from all the team no matter what till lvl 330 xD).

But I do have already valia+5,toy hammer +5 and magas mace +5 on the pally to use them while levelling, so I’m fine I guess.

And while I do think glassmole is the truth end game card especially for ET thx to meltis, I do think for solo elleganos is a bit better and easier to use (and no mass spam of sp either). Im gonna do a bit of math now, editing later.

Let’s consider this naked char:

(98 invested in str, 41 in con, 228 dex).

with only max peta for stat boosting and elleganos (which is what we do expect to use atm in solo / random parties end game)

293+14(maxpeta)+80(8xelleganos)= 387 dex

With monstrance= 387*1,3+10=513 dex

Given a naked crit rate of 513,1

with transform and monstrance, crit rate will be 769,65

Which seems more then enough for the contest already here.

At this point, I would indeed suggest the str:dex split to gain 200 p atk for free (which will be notable with headgears staking).

In the end, the hipster diev 1 druid 2 will give us at least:

• -20% CD for the whole party
  • +20% DPS inside chortasmata
  • 250+ crit rate
  • Pool of agony (phisical skill, so has sinergy with the whole build)
  • lvl 5 sterea trofh
  • 200 p atk (since we can split up dex with str)

Not considering the bit of extra DPS from the leftover points in druid (or telepath for who is into pvp)

Doesn’t sound too shabby, honestly :3

I repeat, this doesn’t try to be the c2-diev3-druid3 meta build who can snapshot basically any skill with chapparition cards buff running forever (nice coding, IMC, nice coding) but looks like a really GOOD alternative to monk 3 or monk 1 oracle 1 kabba 1

I repeat, this doesn’t try to be the c2-diev3-druid3 meta build who can snapshot basically any skill with chapparition cards buff running forever (nice coding, IMC, nice coding)

Snapshotting of card effects doesn’t work with transform and HS.

works on owl, and the snapshot for lyca kinda works on weapon. Work as intended for sure :stuck_out_tongue:

I was just sarcastic btw, back on topic :3