Tree of Savior Forum

It's kinda of ridiculous the actual state of Sadhu

Hello.

I would like to address the current state of Sadhu, which is one of the weakest classes of the game right now, with poor skill set in terms of support and damage.

All of it’s skills, while scaling with INT, can be canceled by getting hit from ANY KIND of damage. So even if you invest in a stat that have 0 synergy with Sadhu overall(DEX), you would still need INT in order to do damage, and some CON so you don’t get one-shotted easily.

Because of this fragility, many players goes for 3 circles in the Cleric class, to use the maximum of Safety Zone, Fade, and Guadian Saint - which can offer some protection so you’re able to use your skills normally. Looking that you invest 3(or 2) circles in a class just so you can use your skills, one would think that those skills would be pretty strong, but - they’re not. Possession is the only decent damage skill that we have, and, even then, it’s mediocre damage compared to any other class of the same rank.

Out of Body has several flaws and bugs that makes it a really unreliably skill. The damage is low and unreliable.
Astral Body Explosion is weaker as it can get, and absolutely not worth investing points, the same goes for Vashita Siddhi, unless in PvP situations.

As described, most of the class skills are really bad, and it’s like this for a long time now, to the point that people don’t want Sadhu in any party, because they don’t bring necessarily anything. That is not even entering the bug parts, that OOB causes.

I would like to know if IMC is even looking at this, and not just leaving a class with a such interesting concept left to just rot.

5 Likes

i played in CBT before with a capped Sadhu and i can say they arent even OP to begin with, sure when you get Arde Dagger + hidden mechanic on Cure/Chortasmata/Zalciai/etc. that doubles your OoB damage and makes you OP on the early-midgame but when i hit lv170+ my damage starts to fall off, and you get overwhelmed by mobs which YOU CANT SETUP your OoB properly to kill them… on top of that, Sadhu’s skills are cancelled when you get poked by anyone…

one of the worst enemies to fight is Tanky Flying enemies since most of my skills dont hit flying mobs and it takes forever to kill one… i had to ditch one of my Cleric Circles for Krivis for its Zaibas for more anti-air since Possession is easily cancellable…

1 Like

They effectively killed the Sadhu class when they nerfed the OoB attack speed. Take into account that the skill gets canceled so easily when poked and it makes you wonder why they even nerfed it in the first place. Sadhu overall dps wasn’t really that high to begin with when compared to other classes at the same level. I also wonder about the future of this class.

2 Likes

…and simultaneously removed the hidden damage mechanic from buff tiles*

Though, apparently, Divine Stigma provides the hidden buff these days. Unsure if it’s intended or not since we rarely get feedback anymore.

Personally, I thought the original Sadhu (during icbt1-2) needed a little balancing. The damage was unreal from OoB (1500x3 for every auto at a high attack speed (with shit gear)). However, that was then and not now, and I definitely think they swung a little too hard with the nerf bat. I would be content with reinstating the hidden buff or the original attack speed, but not both. /shrug

Other classes got much stronger, it’s not a fair comparison using an old standard.

Unlike Elementalist, who can cast Frost Cloud and run around, or Flecher who can do the same with Magic Arrow, Sadhu needs to stay static all the time, vulnerable to hits and several position bugs. And, right now, positioning is one of the most important things in the game due to how monsters damage scales later on - one shotting you at any moment.
Sadhu is fragile, and can have his own OOB damage canceled at any second, for any random hit, not only for OOB, but, for any skill that we have. And is 100% dependent on Safety Wall, unlike all other classes in the game.

A opinion for someone that played iCBT1/2 like you did is very welcomed, but I have to empathize that the reality from now and then, is completely different.