(ITOS) Weekly Boss Raid - Nuaele [Caster Wizard]

(ITOS) Weekly Boss Raid - Nuaele [Caster Wizard]
Type - Devil/Demon
Attribute - Earth
Defense Type - Leather
Final Damage shown - 1,832.447.379

Build: Ele - Pyro - Tao

Comments:

Most of Nuaele’s basic attacks arent really a threat if you stand in the correct spots to either avoid or mitigate the damage taken from them. However it is reccomended to be careful of the rotating dust pillars as they deal lasting damage ticks to you if you come into contact with them even once.

This week’s boss comes with a set of extremely dangerous map mechanics which can easily lead to a wipe if you make a single mistake. The Void Explosion gimmick pretty much takes out all of your HP and blinds you if you get hit by it, so you’ll want to quickly move away from the side that Nuaele is facing right before the barrier pops to dodge it.

Nuaele’s speciality is also critical resistance, so you might find it abit difficult to inflict criticals on her unless you have an absurd amount of crit rate. You can use skills or cards that help with providing minimum crit chance or decreasing crit resistance to help you with this.

The Magic Absorbtion gimmick lets you choose between 1 of 3 stacking buffs to steal from Nuaele while she gets the other 2. You are only allowed to steal 1 type of orb which is the first one you touch for each of the Magic Absorbtion phase. The buffs are:
-Increasing damage dealt 3% per stack
-Decreasing physical damage taken 4% per stack
-Decreasing magical damage taken 4% per stack

One of Nuaele’s attacks will leave multiple yellow tiles on the floor which can inflict you with the sleep debuff for 7 seconds until she does a physical attack on you, this is extremely dangerous and most of the time it leads to a wipe if you step into one.

Nuaele deals mixed damage, however since i am picking up the gimmick orbs for decrease in magic damage taken, i use zaura cards to increase my physical defense instead.

I died around the last 35 - 40 seconds due to stepping into an unluckly sleep tile and therefore the damage recorded is around 1.83 bil, however if i didnt die there and was able to dps for the remaining time, it is very easily possible to reach around 2 - 2.2bil for the week.

5 Likes

The video is a showcasing of a caster type wizard (more specifically pyroeletao) in this week’s weekly boss raid.

if you do wbr, you’ll find that scrolls are not usable inside them and pressing them will do nothing.

However, IF* it was possible to use skill scrolls then it would be a way to showcase the class at a high level of play as it would show people how to weave in rotations for maximum possible damage or survivability, so that point isnt really valid. (which i should point out is one of the things how all the absolute top tier players take usage of, so people learning how to use them isnt really a bad thing for them per se)

also your point of the usage of squire food is pretty weird, considering literally everyone in the game would use squire food when doing any type of raid or even cms / farming etc. Therefore it makes no difference if i use squire food or not - in terms of a showcasing of a build video.

which is why i labled it under the tag of the wizard base class

to flesh this out abit, i’d actually say that showcasing gameplay aspects of certain archetypes of builds DOES actually count as a way to help provide information and also to facilitate discussion for the class types as people can see the vid and also comment here to ask of the certain choices of how to play this specific archetype or perhaps open up discussion into the broader category of other wizard archetpes and their comparisons

i’ll cede that it can also belong into the general gameplay section, but there also isnt a reason why it cant be in the wizard subsection of builds too considering it provides insight into how a certain build plays at one of the end game type contents. (and therefore can stimulate people to learn more or to ask questions about it)

3 Likes

gtfo boomer
i dont even care if this tagged in suggestion report or anything
this guy just share what he did, what he knows
its better than complain over trivial thing that actually doesnt really impact that much especially when he done it better than you suggested
you better do self reflection yourself when you popping out in thread and start talk about clerics

10 Likes

I was loving your Onmyoji build :sad:

By the way (asking as a wizard noob) how important/effective are Lethargy: Enhance, Magic Shield: Enhance and Tri-disaster Charm: Enhance (and also Storm Calling: Enhance) attributes? Do they help much? I always left them at low and in my to be upgraded at very last list.

magic shield attribute is very important in party play at end game raids:

this is because it helps to add damage reduction by a %, which is extremely useful. you might not need to focus on it too much early, but its defs an important thing at late game when not using arcane explosion.

Tri-disaster charm should be the first thing you max out:

this is because it improves the damage of pretty much ALL your spells. (since they all fall under the category of ice fire lightning)

Lethargy enhance attribute isnt really that important, but its still good for some survivability. you can leave this one to last if you wish,

1 Like

Thanks for the clarification :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: Do you invest Storm Calling: Enhance attribute too? If I understand correct, it only increases “contact damage” but not “additional damage from lightning” effect which it’s not important I think.

that is correct, no need to attribute storm call.

Hello, what are the consumable you use in the top row of your skill bar? I don’t recognize them

Also how do you manage to see where the slepp tiles are in this mess lol?

The blue orb? That’s an ice enchant round, reduces damage taken by abit.

Also I could only see some of the sleep tiles which are like small yellow static on the ground. I actually died in last 35-40 seconds because I didn’t see a sleep tile above the boss when I jumped there; resulting in a wipe.

No I was talking about the 4 potions next to the stamina pill, sorry

Retribution potions from goddess grace event and also from item merchant. They increase damage to specific type of bosses. Also the orange one is a large elixir that you can purchase from the market off other people

Another question (sorry about if it’s too much), which art enhanced upgrade should i focus at first for ele/tao/omny? I was thinking to start with meteor, yin yang than toyou. I’ve got about 8 tomes. Should i split them or just focus one at first? (already got meteor and yin yang special arts)

By the way, thank you for this week’s boss (mirtis) video too :satisfaction:

Yea focus on yinyang and meteor first. Then toyou and stormdust. Then everything else

1 Like