Tree of Savior Forum

iTOS First Earth Tower 10/F Clear (Updated: News 07/08)

i’d like to know too

1 Like

@Viniliano & @tonyostark - Peltasta C3 comes in handy here because in Earth Tower, mob density spawns in groups of 20-25. Maxed Swashbuckling is quite useful. Full constitution is implied for anyone who wants to tank/kite. Squire is great because maxed out food buffs will last through the 15th floor (one hour buffs). However you can get the buffs without the Squire being present in the party, and maintenance isn’t needed inside the tower itself.

@tikzfuu - Not yet. I recorded some of our failed attempts, but haven’t recorded since one of the times I did a local recording (in OBS) caused a massive lag spike at a crucial moment.

@Lubu20 - The cube only has one item that has a 100% chance of being rolled, the 10th floor boss’ essence used to exchange for equipment from the NPC. You can either just open it for one resource, or re-roll it up to twice for up to three resources procured per cube. The pants and ring, related to the 10th floor boss, requires 40 boss essences to exchange for, or a minimum of 14 cubes, or one week of no failed runs.

To all, thanks for the cheers and good jobs! We’re grateful for all the support, and will be looking to make iTOS playerbase proud in competing with kTOS players as far as progress in ET goes (we’ll need it).

7 Likes

Congrats!

in your other runs what other party compositions have you tried? i’m curious about having two cryo-chrono and the archers as well.

I’ve tried various party compositions and kept in touch with various compositions that made use of the following classes as primary components whether for DPS or support:

• Pyromancer - It’s okay. Pretty good damage after the 1st and 5th floors.
  • Linker - Excellent with good single target AoE classes in the mix. Example, a Musketeer benefits much more from a Linker than a Cannonneer.
  • Thaumaturge - Really good. Full-funded Thaumaturge is really underrated. Only problem is that the major buffs only assist in damage, and can’t do a whole lot for mitigation CC or support.
  • Sapper - Nice AoE damage, works great after first floor.
  • Wugushi - Is decent overall. Struggles on the 6th floor hard. Useful vs. bosses for sure.
  • Falconer - Partied with Wizard C3 decimates waves of enemies.
  • Quarrel Shooter - Pretty good versus bosses and destruction events (every third floor in the batch of five). Useless otherwise outside Pavise.
  • Fletcher - Needs Linker to succeed in DPS check. Great vs. bosses every fifth floor.
  • Musketeer - Plays best with Linker in the composition, can contribute pretty good damage.
  • Cannoneer - Doesn’t need Linker to contribute okay damage.
  • Peltasta - Tanks are stronger the further up you go.
  • Cataphract - So-so, Restrain stunning enemies is somewhat useful in DPS checks.
  • Squire - Don’t actually need to be in the party, but buffs are godly.
  • Dragoon - One of the more useful DPS classes in the swordsman tree at the moment, if you are bringing one. It’s like super Hoplite without the fear of standing still for Stabbing.
  • Doppelsoeldner - Strong, but tough to keep alive.
  • Shinobi - Can clean up mobs, really needs good protection so they don’t kill themselves though.
  • Featherfoot - Probably has Linker. Can Decay things, which is useful.
  • Necromancer - Probably has Linker, nice burst damage and flexible in early circles.
  • Psychokino - CC bot.
  • Bokor - Decent damage and Mackingdal in a contingency. Will be strong with new Dambella.
  • Krivis - Probably for Daino, but Zaibas has its uses in a few places and then there’s the Melstis gimmick.
  • Priest - What can save runs from failing, especially the higher up you go.
  • Druid - Okay damage on bosses, but probably for Sterea Troph.
  • Oracle - Time your Counterspell well and it’s pretty great vs. a lot of the really deadly magic attacks.
  • Kabbalist - Revenged Sevenfold is a mulligan.

Most of these were applicable to a certain degree, some better than others. Some are fine, some are stellar with their right supporting line-up. Anything I didn’t mention I probably haven’t partied with or it wasn’t an integral part of their build or wouldn’t carry over to the international version very well.

Different compositions focus on different things. Mine focuses on CC to make up for the lack of a tank, for example.

10 Likes

Mind if I ask some questions? Fantastic Job btw, I see you often at Klaipedia

I’m assuming you were using the PD build that you posted (Thanks btw) just wondering:

1. How useful was the druid part of it in ET? I’m under the impression that the single target damage of carnivory would’ve been a waste of a circle.

2. Was it needed to have 2 chronos for perma retreat shot? Any other skills she used?

3. I’m not to clear about the other floors, but how was it dealing with flying mobs?

4. If you don’t mind me asking, how much max HP did each person have?

Again, great job!

With the 100% uptime on buffs in this party composition, max Steady Aim is too valuable to pass on.

1. It’s not very useful. Pretty okay vs. bosses though. It’s pretty free damage. I still wish it was Priest C1.
  2. We formerly used double Elementalist over double Chronomancer. This set-up was more comfortable, due to better upkeep on other skills like heals, CC, etc.
  3. There are no flying mobs yet. I expect flying mobs in ET21-40. Maybe in ET16-20.
  4. Check the first screenshot! Kuroi and I died so we lost our Squire food buff (+32.5% max HP) but the others have it.
1 Like

Wow that seems to be quite the HP on an SR.

I expect this post to define the meta soon, as many people will re-roll to your classes

Again, great job!

May (please please) I know how it was to party with a necromancer? I’m currently w3/link/sorc/necro2 and there is no info anywhere about necromancer climbing the Tower (my build is focused on flesh skills, not pets). Please, i need some enlightement.

One of the most powerful players that I had met was a Wizard C1 - Cryomancer C1 - Psychokino C1 - Linker C3 - Necromancer C1. He specialized on dispersing the damage on linked targets, providing support through Spiritual Chain and Umbilical Cord, and using the PP + Icewall combo to destroy objectives nearly instantly. Before kTOS received the card system update that greatly enhanced the strength of many players, he was able to clear through 15/F regularly with this build.

FC is a single target AoE and annihilates enemies linked by JP.

5 Likes

What about a QS3 A2 SR2? do u think it could be useful? thanks for your information and congrats

I don’t see why not. A majority of what you’re able to contribute just comes from SR anyways.

Thanks for defining the class in there @Veritas.

Hope people will now try new stuff and not stick to double Ele3/Warlock with Chrono3 comp.

It pisses me off that every person that I try recruiting for ET group think Falcon Musk can only go pass floor 5 by getting carried, I always tell them with the right comp and good attributes pretty sure people can make it or dev should had made lolopanther gears team tradable.

I don`t read the comment. All I can say is Congrats. Your team deserve more than that cube for defeating that shtty 7th floor.

Was the 10/F clear something you think took a lot of testing to finish.

Or do you think if the bug at 7/F wasn’t there, a lot of teams would have already cleared it by now, with varied combinations since you said your setup, you had more than enough dps that another fill just for comfort would work.

I just had a question regarding this between cannoneer and musketeer.

I’m currently running a QS3/Wu2 build, was planning to go Cannon Rank 7 bc of lack of aoe up until this point. Honestly, this character is meant to be a farm bot more than anything for my main and cannon seemed like the safe way to go for that as I rely on the Wugu stuff for single target damage.

It sounds like Musketeer is more useful in ET than Cannon if you have linker, and without linker Cannon is better. Would you say that’s accurate? I’m honestly not sure at what point I’d even attempt trying ET with this guy, but I always thought that Musket was more geared towards PvP and Cannon towards PvE so the choice seemed obvious, now I’m not so sure.

I think when they fix 7/F, the top teams of each server will have no problem clearing through 10/F. 6/F will still block a lot of teams from advancing onwards.

Figuring out 7/F took numerous tests and strategies, figuring out AI, mechanics, and saying no to strategies that would work but inconsistently. And a little hint of RNG.

@Lionstrider - Yes, I believe Musketeer C1 is more powerful than Cannoneer C1 when a Linker is present.

I wonder if earth tower mobs are highly resistant to decay.

That’s pretty awesome! Try to take a video for us newbies next time!

Congrats!