Tree of Savior Forum

Items that give players unique skills

Prepare yourself! Or… well, at least keep an open mind to this being a reality in the future. Maybe this can help keep around a character or two, or, let you play around with a weird build in hopes that someday it just might work lol

It appears that someday we may finally see equipment that offers more than the paltry +4 STR, or +21 Holy Damage etc etc. Maybe, when that time comes, we’ll have more to pick from in terms of equipment instead of basing our selection off of which item has a slightly higher base PATK/MATK value, or which item has one additional socket. Equipment has been long complained about in regards to how utterly boring it is. There is no flavor in your equipment outside of a very few unique items that actually do have a mechanic that lets you play around a little (Toy Hammer, Animus, etc).

We may, in time, get items that give the player certain skills. I find this exciting, do you? What happens if one of those skills is at least a somewhat decent AOE attack? Why, then, you open up twenty++ class combinations that may not have been too viable but, suddenly, they can shine if built around that item. Depending on the skills there could be some nice builds popping up to sport the new skill combination to its utmost.

Some day maybe they’ll play around with adding skills to weapons and more as well. For now it appears they are only testing on accessories but we could very well finally see some truly unique items being worked on.

I can’t wait to see the builds that can be created at LV600 with a full arsenal of interesting equipment picks.

2 Likes

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

1 Like

lol for sure, I meant only that by the time the game is fully matured @LV600 we should at least have some of these kinds of items in the game by then =P

But yeah R8 will certainly change a lot of builds too. Tears will be shed, people will celebrate, and we’ll be very busy players =P

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

1 Like

look at the fan

i for one want an aggro generating sword

2 Likes

Mmmmm yeah I recall seeing a few of those in-game during the cbt. There was some devil club I kept trying to hunt for because of how it added additional damage to devils lol Some of those do look pretty fun, and tosbase has quite a few listed. I agree those can also add flavor xD Now… hopefully we get them back lol

Same with amulets; where they were previously limited and somewhat bland before they did lend some additional specifics to a build or setup. Now, though, there are quite a few added to the database that we do not have access to. All in time I guess.

But hopefully they really work out the kinks in the skill-granting items as linked above. So much potential lol Brings me back to the D2 days where I could make a character shine if I had enigma for the teleport, botd for the poison clouds, etc etc. We could really use those kinds of things; skill-granting items, additional off-hands, amulets, we need them all lol