Tree of Savior Forum

Item Awakening: Time for some rebalancing?

Hey, I just want to suggest a solution in one of the biggest time-sinks in the game aside of ET and Fishing: Alchemists Item Awakening.

While the Item Awakening by itself is not entirely a flawed system after the re-balancing, I’m astonished that noone openly addressed the time issue of it.

While a magic grade item awakening usually takes about 5 minutes (4 minutes 30 seconds or sth like that), higher rarity grade awakenings take much more time, e.g. rare grade takes about 10 minutes and unique grade even longer (never got the chance to try legendary equips).

The problem I see in this is the potential waste of time, because we recently got a lot of changes (stronger equipment/skills, more silver sources, the availability of premium awakening stones via fishing/events) that make it so very easy to clear the monster waves solo in a matter of 3-7 seconds.

However, you still have to wait over 40 seconds for another wave of monsters to appear, which costs a lot of extra playing time where you sit around and do nothing.
If I may speak from my own experiences, that’s 3/4th of the time (i.e. e.g. 7,5-8 minutes out of 10 minutes on rare equipment) I spent sitting down doing nothing, waiting for new monsters and all just to get an unwanted awakening stat in the end.

This is not only boring but pretty much counter-productive to the idea of sinking away silver through Item Awakening and the massive influx of timed awakening stones through the recent event.

That’s why I suggest the following two changes:

1. decrease the CD time of the skill “Item Awakening” from 600 to 300 seconds and, together with it,
  2. decrease the waiting time between monster spawns inside the dungeon by at least 50%; a good way would be via an Alchemist C3 attribute for Item Awakening to make the progress faster.

Maybe both, the CD reduction and the spawn time reduction could be managed by the same attribute so that the skill itself doesn’t need to be changed.

The result would be a greater silver sinking capability and a greater use for premium awakening stones + happy players that need to waste less time in a boring dungeon for pretty much diminishing results.

3 Likes

Also add premium tincturing stone, so tincturing will finally become a thing.

I loved awakening back in the days were Pyro was a thing.
That’s why I’d love to see an Alchemist rebalance more than any other cleric change IMC has in mind.

…Or instead of plundering the silent idea that every player falls under the same situation of killing the monsters very fast and waiting for monsters to re spawn again to instigate a one-sided solution.

how about making the last monster you kill from a “wave” spawn the same Light that an item shows when you kill it and it loots something ?
if the wave still has 40 seconds or longer to Reappear, you have the freedom to Step on it to make the other wave appear in under 5 to 10 seconds. and if you want to do something with your time, simply don’t step on it; wait for it to appear the way it already is speeding up the proccess at the speed of the ‘player’.

or instead of the idea of “stepping on it” like a switch on the floor that would give a sense of interaction with the environment. if that’s too complicated to Configurate on game mechanics, simply make an item loot at the end of each wave at a small distant apart from you like a white stone, once it goes to your inventory it resets the wave to appear … [to replace the idea of step on it switch.]

That’s why I suggested the effect via attribute, so people can choose if they need the time or not.
The other advantage of my idea is that it only tweaks with the skills properties and doesn’t require extra effects, which in turn require extra work for extra code,debugging, and so on.

Although we can/may ask for whatever changes we want to,
we should be realistic in our suggestions so that they have a higher probability of being implemented (less work&less prone to bugs = higher chance to get implemented).

I think some of your suggestions are tame.

Awakening could actually be an item dungeon. Instead it’s sit and wait between spawns for a very long time, even with the attribute. The dungeon could even drop things you can’t really get anywhere else.

I get RNG is a big part of Korean MMOs, but I think that something should make the achievable stats a little more reasonable for the class doing the awakening. Different sets of stats for different class types, or perhaps 2-3 stat combos like headgear enchants (which is also a system that I think needs some work, maybe like a super rare item which keeps 1 line of stats in a combo).

Also Magnum Opus got forgotten sometime way back in early rank 7 content. It’s time for an update with that too, make 315 mats less stupid.

I think you confused the potion making skill with Briquetting

Exactly, need Premium Briquetting stone lol

They should just add an attribute at C3 that reduces wait time after a spawn clear to 5 or 10 seconds. It can be turned on or off.

Seeing how Daino was changed, with how Awakening stones(doesn’t even consume item pot.) are dime a dozen in the market now, and how badly random Alchemist awakes are(sht doesn’t even scale well with equipment level).
Its bound for change sooner or later(likely later), either by changing the skill overall effect like Daino.
Or make it so there’s chance to give increase stat bonuses with skill level while also making it so that bonuses given are categorically based on equipment being awakened(less RNG bullshit).

Alche skills aside from Tincture(pots recently reworked) and AlcheMissile(so-so dmg for 3oh), rest of the skills are relatively poor in general.

-Combustion preferably needs an overheat either that or remove the explosion limit per item on ground like how it was worth putting points to Dig to make it strong as before.
-Dig should get an attribute that increases the rate of rarer material to show up.
-Briquetting is 50-50 chances of fking up your gear, unless the rates increase via per skill level or an attribute, there’s really no point investing skill points to it.
-Gem Roasting and Magnum Opus are ‘fine’ at the moment, not so great nor lackluster.
Attribute wise, former could have ‘5% chance to increase level of gem being roasted’, while the latter skill could get a bonus item for each crafting session(also applicable to Tincture).

On a side note I hope in the future, crafting classes will get an optional more interactive(mini-game like) play style when doing their thing.(Atelier Alches? CookingMama Squires? anyone?)
Play minigame=get bonus, don’t play minigame=no bonus.

1 Like

Would be nice if Dig gets an attribute where the Alche hides an explosive material in the hole he dug that can be triggered by Combustion.

Or if enemies step on the hole, they get knocked down or temporarily bound for a few seconds.

I agree with you, especially the time sink is painful.

The awakening system also been abandoned and have no any update since R7. As you see the monster level also maximum lv200+ beside the weapon lv315 itself.

*This actually also quite exposed the programmer level who have no implement sustainability coding and scale-able function.

But it is a big system with minor involvement, IMC should put it on task list.

It depends, hp recovery and flat hp do