Tree of Savior Forum

Is wiz3 -> psycho3 -> RC viable?

Hoi :V

I know nothing.

But I thought this build seemed like a lot of fun: max Sleep and Raise for super AoE CC, which allows for plenty of time to cast RC offensive abilities. Gravity Pole has synergy with Rune of Justice since it lines up baddies for you.

I’m familiar with the Cryo boost from the ice rune. I’m a unique and special anti-snowflake, though, so I don’t want to do a cookie-cutter build. Anyone have any experience with this, or insight? :0 Thanks!

Really strong pvp build.

Gravity Pole requires you to keep channeling the skill in order for it to work and you can’t cast RoJ while channeling GP. When GP’s duration is over, every single mob just rush towards you, so, not a great idea xD

Magnetic Force solves the problem :stuck_out_tongue:

If you use Gravity Pole to line them up, cancel, then cast Raise or Sleep though… :wink:

EDIT* ^ Yeah I can use Magnetic Force for the same purpose :smiley:

Magnetic Force is very short. Even with quick cast, Runecaster skills have extremely long cast times. Which is why you generally see Cryo in that build instead of kino3, because you get the Rune of Ice buff to Ice Wall + freezes to keep enemies locked down while you channel.

To clarify, the build would still work because you still have raise to hold enemies even in PVP, I think there are just better classes to take with Kino3 and better classes to take with RC.

He can do that, yes. But from his post i took that he was assuming that he could cast RoJ while using GP. My apologies, if i misunderstood.

Hey that’s fine! I wasn’t very clear, so it was an understandable interpretation. Man…I wish that was possible though. ;_;

At least we have damage on GP for quite some time now. It used to be just control, it didn’t have any damage whatsoever, so you know, no complaints here xD

Edit:

If you really want to do that build, here’s a sketch for you.

Just a note: Telekinesis Lv.15 is totally optional, you have other choices like getting more targets on Swap or increase your distance on Teleportation. Telekinesis is still useful to me sometimes tho, i can immobilize a priority target for instance, which comes in handy more often than you imagine.

1 Like

Any idea why people don’t invest more points into Magnetic Force? Seems like it’d be a good skill to max. The damage isn’t good enough, and people mostly just use it for CC?

Well the only thing you get by increasing Magnetic Force’s level is damage, but the skill is pretty bad damage-wise; it hits only once.

If the duration or even the area, were to be increased by leveling it then yes, it would be great to max it

2 Likes

Good to know! Glad I asked about it. :3

1 Like

I’ve that build on 254 now: Wi3/Kino3/RC with a 1:1 (Con:Int) stat distribution.

GP is gonna be one of your better PVE skills. ATM, it hits for like 70k over 10 seconds (3.5k ea hit). PP deals the same amount (around, its acutally little less). Thats 7k DPS + CC.

Rune of Justice/Destruction have both extrem solid DPS for a nuke. RoJ, with its 3 sec cast time, hits for me atm at lv4 for 5x6-7k (thats 10-12k DPS). RoD is a multihit AoE DMG skill, which can easily one shot mobs in Evac and Alameth. I can’t predict the DPS overall, but its a lot higher then Meteor and Frost Cloud. (Frost Clouds DPS is around 12-15k for a good geared char)

To round it up, you can add Chapparition cards (MA boost for 4sec on using Manapot); those are extremly usefull for nukes.

The main difference using RC over WL is its AoE and Single Target capability. Especially ST is a lot better with WL.

The build is overall a good alrounder (PvP, PvE wise), but it cant compete with a Ele3/WL build PvE wise and cant compete with Cryo3/Kino3 PvP wise.

What about Wiz 3 - Kino 3 - WL?
RC cast time is garbage, Cryo 3 - Kino 3 lacks damage and gets interrupted easily don’t you think? WL gives you synergy with Raise -> Pole of Agony, and Dark Theurge somewhat protects you from Melee because it still hits like a truck.

Only if you are reckless. I remember talking about this with a fellow kino back when i was level 130 or so. I claimed that it’s all about positioning and timing and the guy said that i was telling lies and lacked level and experience and assured me that on high level maps that wasn’t true. Guess what? I’m high up there now and still think it’s all about timing and positioning. I had no problems at all soloing stuff so far and in parties gets a lot easier.

I’ll give him this tho: without surespell you can’t just get in the monster’s face and throw stuff, you have to use your resources, sleep, magnetic force, raise, gravity pole (if the mobs are melee you can aggro them with it and channel PP right after to catch them all when they rush at you), ice bolt, ice pike (frost pillar if cryo 3), but it’s far from impossible like was said to me back then.