Tree of Savior Forum

Is this type of build worth?

I saw this rune caster on youtube and I was wondering if this type of build is good or is just a waste of time, this is probably wizz c3>cryo c1>pyro c1>psyc c1>rune caster

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

My fear is that in the next ranks my character becomes useless, I really want a build with rune caster but it is difficult to combine it with any class, I’m already thinking of wizzc3> thauma c3> rune caster by rune of Giant Cuz you can deal damage just jumping … it’s hard to decide

I like more especialized builds, but thats just me, so picking c1 cryo c1 pyro and c1 psycho seems just for fun (which is fine).

It all depends what are u aiming for

What about jumping damage, is it scaling with anything? Is it some % of matk? Is it woth it? Because Rune of Giants is nice if your character has high CON.

Another question, does the Attribute of Rune of Giants: HP, applies to the caster? In the description it says “Giantified allies”.

He’s using a build that looks like this:

It surely has one of the best burst of the game, and I quite like it tbh. The problem is that the combo is not easy to pull off and I find it pretty boring outside of boss fights; if you like it though, you can go for it.
Edit: You can actually choose wiz3 before rune caster, it’s actually a better option imo.

runecaster is basically trash atm, unfortunately.

for that particular build, replacing runecaster with cryo2 would make it’s icewall combo stronger, faster, more reliable, and available at full strength more often.

It should shine in a build that takes the isa combo to it’s absolute peak(cryo3-psycho2-RC), but… it’s frankly overkill there. there’s very few bosses that actually have enough HP to need that kind of oomph.

It’s okay as a a tack-on to the bog standard ele build at rank7, but worse than warlock. (you’d use demo and justice as extra meteors, and giants when your tank’s okay with not being able to attack)

…although, ToS is forgiving enough that silly builds will still work fine.

True. Replacing runecaster by cryo will be much better imo too. That’s pretty sad, hope they will do something about that.

thank you guys probably ill make an x c3> thauma 3> rune caster only to test the jump damage with Rune of Giants

Not good, rune caster is for ice wall combo or some useful (meteor+isa+protection are good) buffs, don’t see it as the main point of your future 10 ranks.

Wiz > Cryo 3 > Kino 2 > RC

Wiz > Cryo 3 > Kino > RC > anything

Wiz 3 > Cryo > Kino > RC > anything

Wiz 3 > Cryo > Pyro > Kino > RC

All of these builds are useful, make a strong future skill set, but I still believe you should give up on RC, as it is now, with no good Ice skills working with Isa besides Ice Wall combo, it’s just not good enough for rank 6. Might prove itself useful with wiz 3 and rank 8+ ice skills, but who knows what is coming.

oh :frowning: well ill try rune cast for the Rune of Giants jump damage and probably delete the character after…probably thank you anyway

If you want jump damage just give up already, that is weaker than auto-attack.

Just don’t take RC, ALL other wizard classes are pretty good and there are awesome combinations, just look for it.

such a waste of an beautiful cloth…oh well time to move for another class so thank you