Tree of Savior Forum

Is this still possible?

Was watching some vids on youtube. I’ve been trying to find a right wiz build for me. I really want to have a mixer of psychokino and linker maybe chrono. I want something dps/support. The vid is old but i want to know is this still possible in the current version or was anything nerfed?

Edit: lol sry forgot to post vid

If it hasn’t, it definitely will be. I played around with this a little bit in ICBT2, myself, and its interaction with joint penalty isn’t working as intended.

My evidence for that claim is the nerfs they’ve made to joint penalty’s interaction with AOEs - it had a damage multiplying effect they devs didn’t like. They absolutely will get rid of this if they haven’t already, because it’s really the same thing in another, possibly even more powerful package.

Fireball + Psychic Pressure is pretty powerful even without links. I cooked quite a few bosses with it. It’s also an impressive mobbing combo, and explodes big packs in a hurry.

If you’re not aware already, this trick was nerfed once by causing pressure to knock fireballs back. This can be circumvented by using obstacles (such as large bosses) - doing this correctly basically requires you to stand still in melee for up to five seconds, so the set-up can be tricky.

Would cyromancer do a better or similar combo with this set up instead of pyro? as in using links and icewall and psychic pressure? I just want to play something that is not your typical wiz3>(w/e) class everyone is going and talking about in the forums.

Why would they let cryo do it? If memory serves, pressure and ice wall was nerfed, too - though I don’t know the details on how. And anyway, if cryo can now, it’ll be taken away, later.

The issue isn’t psychic pressure and icewall/fireball, it’s joint penalty. The devs are strongly against letting joint penalty multiply multipliers, and it’s a good thing, too.

As far as I know, this was the most OP thing you could do in game. Solo players are not supposed to snap their fingers and magically poof bosses out of existence outside of newbie level ranges.

1 Like

What skill build should i go to have fun with psychic pressure that will still be viable at rank 7?

That’s beyond my knowledge. I’m sorry! We might not know for sure until the game has been out for a while and people have tested psychic pressure on the newer classes.