Tree of Savior Forum

Is this game cruel with early DD mages?

So angry…:confused:

No one said you had to go lock, But you can not stay pyromancer beyond rank 4. that is the end of your class. all classes end at 3 circles, and thats not going to change and neither is the fact that higher rank classes are innately stronger then lower rank classes, this is a core mechanic of the game and gives the game a good feel of scaling when fighting field mobs in a party or even in dungeons or earth tower. No one says you cant take your pyro to rank 4 circle 3, but the game itself dictates you must choose another class after that to continue obtaining new skills. if you do not pick a new class, i can guarantee you that you will never be finding parties in the lategame. In the end however, it is your choice how you build you character. if your going to stop picking classes after Pyro3, then good luck. I’ll be progressing on my WizElemRC and actually contributing to my parties with more then 4 skills. But if you do decide to pick classes beyond pyro3, no one is going to tell you what you HAVE to pick. that is your decision down to the last line of quest dialogue. if you don’t like warlock, don’t take warlock. it’s not going to change how ‘strong’ the class is.

2 Likes

Yes that’s true. I mean you could definitely go pyro 3 > chrono 3. But you’ll be in that middle spot of awkwardness. Not as good in DPS as a pure DPS but also not as good in support as a linker or cyro with chrono.

Unfortunately that’s just the way the class system works. You need to pick classes with synergy. Pyro is a class you get early on and doesn’t come with any utility or amazing buffs that can carry into other class circles unfortunately.

It is clearly about builds “bro” you are talking about damage.
If you want to discuss stupid pyro damage without discussing builds of course pyro damage will be lower.

Stupid sorc don’t do much damage anyways.

You could invest on stupid pyro attributes and get a stupid support class to make your pyro strong.

@Loztchild sorry about the stupid word spam. I got mad when he said stupid runcaster, I won’t do it any more. But if you look closely I still tried to give a useful answer even with the stupid thing around.

so it wasn’t just me who got triggered by that? Good to know lel

:frowning: let’s be friends guys

He is probably PMS’ing,give it about a week and @caiocsn will get back to normal and play TOS.Maybe he needs to eat or take a nap because of his grumpiness.

or i can take the same sup class, invest in some late game class atributes and get much stronger than any pyro could be, no?

yeah, you’re propably right.

Taking attributes would make you marginally stronger compared to other pyros. That’s about it.

If you’re hellbent on watching the world burn, then P3 paired with Thaum 3 is pretty great, at least according to the math I did last night for levels 5, 10, and 15 for Fireball and Flame Ground, and 5 and 10 for Fire Pillar. Didn’t look at Dragon’s Breath or w/e it’s called, but you can easily do the math, you get 710 mattack while offhanding a dagger with max buffs and max attributes, just need to add the spell’s damage at whatever level you have and that’s its mattack per tick before adding your INT and gear.

For example, Fireball from P3Th3 has 15k attack in total. The trick would just be getting the mobs to stay on the fireball, which might be difficult to line up with Fire Wall and Flameground, but can probably be done. Also note that currently allies can move the fireball by hitting it, so group play pyro is a little wonky atm.

If you want Linker to help line up the damage with Hangman’s Knot, you can go P3Th2Link or P2Th3Link or even P2Th2Link2 for more targets and longer Hangman. If your latency is good, you’ll be able to run circles around a lot of mobs to keep them in your aoe when they’re not hit stunned.

Here is the thing, with this kind of system you can also make builds that focus even more on the class you just finished. If I’m Cryo3, and still want to just cast ice stuff, I can pick Kino1 and pretend I’m role-playing Elsa from Frozen while destroying my enemies with ice shards created from a whole different class. The system adds diversity, interactions. Make use of them. I know of at least 3 different ways later classes can support Pyro skills, which doesn’t work for other classes. Example? Get Linker1, Kino1, watch you fireballs melt enemies. You can’t do that with Warlock, and the damage is quite high for a rank2 class. Its because you combine them. Pick classes which will make your pyro stronger than a warlock, if you think warlock is strong. How do you do that? Unless IMC has really screwed up (some classes like Hunter suffer a lot, so yeah), which isnt the case, you can just research the skills and classes. They are there.