Tree of Savior Forum

Is runecaster basically weak outside of cryomancer builds?

Planning to take it but with alot of people saying that it’s quite underwhelming for a rank 6 class I’m quite hesitating to take it. Also heard that it’s mostly for fun with that Rune of Giants skill.

Sadly it only works well with Cryomancers because of Rune of Ice.

Other than that, I can’t think of a build that could maximize it’s use, since it doesn’t benefit ice type skills from Elementalist and there isn’t any other class with Ice Type abilities in the Wizard tree I believe.

Also only works mostly for Cryo-Kino combo because of Psychic Pressure to use together with Ice Wall for the Ice Shards that comes out from it.

How about pvp (when it eventually comes), is rune of protection worth it for the sake of resisting CC in pvp?

I can’t help you there since I don’t play PvP :frowning:

Yea but there’s much better PvP classes to choose from than runecaster too. Having wiz3 will make it slightly better in both pve and pve. Its basically only effective when paired with ice wall and relevant combo skills (PP, energy blast).

You don’t necessarily need these combo skills on your character but if they arent in your party then you’ve lost most of what RC brings to the table.