Tree of Savior Forum

Is Rune Caster a must have?

I try to make my Builds but i always have problems with Rune Caster, i dont know if i NEED him or if i dont skill the class that i lose my DPS .
So i wanna know your oppinion, is Rune Caster a must have or just optional for synergy in a few Builds.

as a person with a macro fetish, yes.

Seriously though you only go that class for the ice damage buff, and it only works on a few ice skills.

it’s only worth if you’re cryo with icewall.

I actually think Rune Caster is a weak class, it’s only real good skill is Isa, the others are lackluster and really situational. I mean, even rune of giants have its downside(players affected by it can’t use skills).

The problem is, rune caster is a class of buffs, Giants is useless (can have uses like mobbing faster), Destruction is good, has meteor+splash damage, Justice is thrash, Protection is good for PvP and Isa is good for Ice Wall combo.

Is not a bad class, but is mostly a class that makes cryo compete with pyro in damage for 33% of the time, also you need wiz 3 if you want to really cast runes, not download them, so there goes 6 ranks (wiz3 cryo kino rc) with combo pretty weak due to level 5 PP and Ice Wall.

If you want to make the ultimate PvP buid you can go for some of it’s buffs, not sure if it’s worth it, I tried to use it in my build but other combinations are just too much better.

I would advise you to not go rune caster, cryo and kino are pretty good at rank 3 but you can’t have both, also cryo sinergyzes better with chrono.

Such a BAD class atm. Look at the cooldowns and the cast times omfg, and u need the rune “item” to cast ur spells. For a rank 6 class, pretty disappointing