Tree of Savior Forum

Is reflect shield bugged?

I have 5 levels in it and 13 levels in the damage increasing attribute and I can’t seem to get it to do more then 1 damage.

I have seen in reddit they changed it but I can’t find any patch notes related to it.
But it seems it doesn’t scale that much now like in the “preview videos” out there.

If you happen to find any patch notes or more information, please update this post.

Yeah… if this is a useless ability I’d like to know because I have it. They should allow us to reassign the points if they failed to update their game data accordingly.

2 common misconception flying around.

1. Reflect Shield is useful. No, RS is just useless.
  2. High Level Energy Bolt is useless. No, high level energy bolt enable quick tap casting.
1 Like

in cbt2 i went full spr and i could kill a boss with reflect shield and some patience, but now reflect shield deals almost no damage. i believe the skill is bugged.

2 Likes

Honestly, I’m hoping it is just bugged. Otherwise what’s the other option? I have to pay out money to respec that one skill for their failure to provide clear and concise explanations of abilities and how they function?

1 Like

… that sounds like a very inefficient way of killing bosses.

Not to mention you should be trying to avoid getting hit; not to be hit on purpose.

it was actually really fun

This. reflect shield is horrible no matter what you do with it. Eventually, once you are rich and can max out energy bolts atribute, its a small aoe that does 300% of your auto attack damage. It basically replaces auto attack

Both arent very good, but energy bolt enough to quick cast it will be forever useful

And you’re making incomplete statements.

Reflect shield also protects you from most knockdown effect, I forget which exactly but go fight bosses that like to chain knockdown and you’ll notice it.

High Level Energy Bolt will drain your mana in a matter of seconds. Already level 4 costs 49 SP per cast, so you’re down 150 SP after your 3 charges, 9 second cooldown, 150 SP again and then you’re already below 50% of your SP below level 40.

No, its not. When you get to ~lv100 reflectshield won’t protect you from knockdown/knockback anymore. Its only work at low levels when it still can mitigated > certain percentage of dmg.
And surespell already do a better job to prevent cast interruption from knockdown/knockback

That’s why you use quick-tap for lv1-2 cast.

Mirarara and me played this build for months in icbt and it mechanics doesn’t change much in ktos either, these statements are not just speculations.

1 Like

SP issues are not an issue at all when you get to high level. We are building for late game here. In fact, I just got to rank 3 with no sp issues at all (pot spamming of course) by having Energy Bolt at lv 10.

For the other points lyhonlam69 already explained most of it.

I’m not sure, does quick tap actually use a low level mana cost?

I’m not sure too haha. I never bothered with sp too so i didn’t notice skills sp consumption at all :smile:

The sp cost is the cost of the bolt you fire, not the cost of your current skill level. My EB is level 10, and i can fire off level 1 bolts for only 15 sp. The skill is grayed out if you dont have enough sp to cast the full charge however.

2 Likes

That’s actually a great info. TIL. I never bothered about sp consumption too.

@lyhonlam69 I’m abit sad that Wiz 3 is now mainstream though. We were so rare back then, like some wizard from noble lineage.

In iCBT2, RS was very useful to prevent my PP being interrupted for a few hits (usually I took 1-2 hits before having it well set).
Are you saying that it wouldn’t work anymore ? (I’m not talking about knockthings)

edit :
Seems that it doesn’t anymore V_v

That totally kills the Pyrokino path…