Tree of Savior Forum

Is Pyro3 + Chono3 + Sage Good?

Someone pls advice and explain to me
or maybe thau3 instead of chono

PVE Only

Thanks

What are you trying to do with this build? If its for damage there are better options and if you are going for support you are better off going linker 2 into chrono3.

Not meta build but, works. This is because you can create a ton of fireballs. However, is it better than any other dps class out there? Definitely not.

build is good.
when agni necklace comes out you will have more damage.

never go thaum c3, its not very worth it.

Chrono c3 is better because of haste and pass that give you a spot in grind party.

linker is better than chrono i think , it is hard hitting mobs without linker

ok
So you guys suggest me linker2
what should i have to choose class for R7 and end with Sage at R8 ?

I’d like to go for dps and can support a bit

pyro c3> linker c2> wl c1> sage

pyro c3>linker c2> wl2

pyro c3>linker c3> sage

alternatively,

pyro c2> linker c2> thaum c2> sage

All of which should have agni necklace when it comes out

How about PyroC2>LinkerC1>ChronoC3>Sage or WL?
Got Joint Penalty 5, fireball10, fire pillar 5, aswell as access to all Chrono skills, i think with Agni Necklace that’d be a good mix between damage and support.

I don’t know why people don’t seem to like pyro3>chrono 3 > sage ?

Linker end up vs mob that can’t be linked
Agni will boost pyromancer damage… ALOT ( you can find the value of each spell boosted by agni and by how much it not 100% each)
It a really fun build to play, even if hellbreath end up kind of … useless most of time Pillar become bigger with lv and fireball/firewall lv 15 is great
Sage/Pyro isn’t just about the fireball…

Thing to know about this build:
-When fireball proc… It will alway hit the closest viable target of the caster ( That mean it will hurt the thing in range that is the closest to you and not the fireball itself)
Why is it usefull to know that ? Because stacked fireball will proc on each other whitout doing any damage if you are closer of them than the monster that proc them because fireball can hit up to 4 other target and 5 fireball will proc on each other ulti their charge fall to 0 or the monster get away from them. Soo… Just go on the other side of the monster and fireball will proc their damage.
-Firepillar Grow each 5 lv. It quite big at lv 5
-It is possible to hurt Stop target with GROUND spell like Flameground/Flamewall/Flamepillar… Other Player ground spell (Frost cloud etc) It also give time to setup fireball or whatever you whant.
Target might resit Stop but you can retry if you move them out and in again from it range.
-Ultimate dimension increase any ground spell size by 10% with is attribut Flamewall/Flameground/Flamepillar/Slow/Stop/Barrier etc.
Ultimate dimension CAN stack multiple time on the same spell making it bigger and bigger. It not the most usefull thing because the increase is quite small and don’t really matter in most cast and the cd is quite big but well it can be funny to stack multiple sage/chrono increase something like barrier.
-Micro Dimension (Aka duplicate spellWith attribut) Can target up to 2 object at the same time Fireball/Owl etc…
The copy will be between the caster and the copied object (close of the object)
Some copy will be lv 1 and copy of other player won’t have their special attribut.
-Hellbreath Firedebuff proc chance, increase with is Skill Lv. (Still quite low from what i hear.)

When people say… Are you a support… Are you a dps ? Why not both how it hard to understand XD ? There no reason for behing pure support or pure dps build. Pass is actualy and indirect dps skill…
I mean … When you can do both job kind of good and agni will make this build GREAT again.

2 Likes

only downside for having pyro is that ur fireball can be kicked around and elementalist’s rain which can wipe ur fire skills.

@silhouette.fox other than that having pyro coupled with chrono is ok imo. either pyro3 chrono3 or pyro2 link chrono3. some people might suggest pyro-link2, but i personally dont quite like it just because if u couple it with chrono, ur chrono end up not having much skills to use and losing some useful skill points if u choose to have only 1 circle of pyro. also like momory32 said, some higher level mobs have link immunity which can have impact on ur hunting if u play solo. but then again, it’s all down to personal preference.

2 Likes

Oh THANK YOU SO MUCH
now my char is already Pyro3
and i agree because when the late game almost mobs got immunity to link
yeah i think im gonna became pyro3 chono3 XD

ONCE AGAIN THX

I’m just wondering, if the mobs are link resist, then how do you deal with them using chrono c3?

Stop then place fireball and firewall or pillar? mobs cannot take damage when in stop.

And do note that you will be able to deal with those high hp mobs when agni necklace comes out.

with or without linker, you will still use pyro skills to deal with those high hp mobs. And there are only some mobs that are link resist, not all or almost all. So for mobs with high hp and are not joint penalty resist, you will have an easier time with them vs no joint penalty from chrono.

I think the chrono build is much more party based than the linker build. But even with that said, linker can still provide damage boost to party and chrono is only for pass, haste and maybe reincarnate which are also very good.

Monsters in Stop effect still take damage from many ground-based skills, like Firepillar, Pole of Agony, Frost Cloud, Magnus Excorcismus and Flame Ground.

Also, while fireball can’t hurt timestopped enemies, the moment their stop effect ends they’ll get bombarded with tons of fireballs that you placed on them while they were timestopped.
I’m not sure how many fireballs Sages Microdimension can clone, but if it’s not limited/high limit then imagine using a decent Stop level : Stop them all, place 2 fireballs, use Pass, place two new fireballs and then use Microdimension -> 8 fireballs waiting for Stop to run out.
Happy fireworks! :slight_smile:

ah… so its been changed? i previously thought that stopped enemies were invulnerable.

Then chrono c3 seems like a better choice if you can deal with long cooldown time

Micro dimension got 3 charge and like 45 sec of cd
It can target up to 2 object at the same time (Make 2 copy of like icewall for exemple but 2 tile not 2 full icewall / cast)
It can’t copy something that already been copied or a copy exception of dirty pole and akuras torch (bug probably)

Yes. Targets shold be immortal in Stop, and it is so on kToS since like a month ago patch. So we need just to wait til this comes to iToS.