Tree of Savior Forum

Is not really worth it right now?

Ok I’ve done some extensive research and from what I see Wizard skills are all fixed damage with no INT scaling. Clerics at least have abilities that scale with SPR and/or INT/STR from the skill builders websites I’ve seen. Wizards have that hidden +50% of magic attack added right? Just like Swordsmen have the +50% STR bonus even on their regular attacks.

So here’s my case. Wizards are suppose to be an extreme skill/spell based class. You put 200 points in INT and you get +100 damage to your spell. WOHOO! (Not really…) That damage doesn’t make up for the mana pool you have as a Wizard. I see everyone going “I have high int so I use less spells to kill things so I don’t need as much mana…” etc. That’s BS. As you level mobs get tougher and old skills become more useless because they don’t do enough at a fixed rate damage unless you level all 3 levels of a class type. As I said earlier Wizards are a type a class based on a wide skill base. When old skills don’t cut it your skill pool gets smaller. Sure you get that +100 from your MAG ATT but at higher levels you have to spam that spell more often anyways with that limited SP pool (that’s IF you don’t put any points in SPR). So why not just go all SPR instead?

2 points of INT gives you 1 bonus magic damage basically. So youre spending 2 points to get 1 point of damage. 2 points in SPR gives you enough SP to cast at least 1 more spell and at 5 points in that skill they are usually over 100-200 damage. 2 stat points for 1 damage or 2 stat points for 100+ damage. Dunno about you but the SPR route looks like you get more bang for your buck there.