Tree of Savior Forum

Is Nak Muy weak?

I have a murmillo build, sword-pelt2-hop3-nak-murm2. I feel that this build is quite weak.

Would a build that includes rodel3 be better? I should have 8mil to buy the helmet attribute for rodel. Should I still include nak muy? Should I include hoplite to equip spear?

Any comments welcomed, thanks.

That depends on what your stats are and your weapons and gear and other stuff…

I do agree that for a “unique” c1 class it leaves a lot to desire and it does feel like kicking the wind at times :pensive:

I think the reason why it feels weaker than one expect is it art and the dumb as hell quest I had to go through…

is the feeling of high risk no reward :confounded:

In my opinion Nak Muay isn’t worth it in a Murmillo build.

Reasons:

• Murmillos have a lot of skills with short cooldowns, if maxed cassis crista attributes, you tend to get ~2000% skill factor skills with enough overheats/short cooldown to keep a steady rotation. Nak Muay skills have lower skill factor thus they tend to not be used as much.

• Nak Muay skills consume WAY more SP than murmillo skills.

• If you are using a spear, Reitiari 1 brings a very strong skill (Trident Finisher) with some utility (nets) to help you with grouping mobs. Pelta 3 is also a good choice because of Butterfly + Umbo Thrust.

• Nak Muay skills have a decent AoE range, but all of them lack +AoE atk ratio bonuses, this means you won’t hit as many mobs when comparing to Murmi skills like Scutum Hit and Shield Train.

• Nak Muay quest is infernal.

That being said, Nak Muay isn’t a bad class, it fits very well my Doppel 3 build, but it’s skills are used mostly as a filler for when stronger skills are on cooldown (Zornhau, Redel, Cyclone, etc).

Regarding your other questions:

• Rodel 3 is not better, nor worse, it’s different. Trading Hoplite for Rodel tends to give you slightly more dps in exchange for tankiness (Finestra makes it super easy to reach block rate cap).

• Pelta 3 is also a very reasonable choice. You get Butterfly + Umbo Thrust, which are both strong damage-wise, and you get more skill points to use on Guardian / Umbo Blow (don’t neglect Umbo Blow, it deals the highest dmg among all Murmi/Hop/Rodel skills if enemy is block staggered! Maybe losing only to Shooting Star).

• Reitiari 1 also brings nice utility and dps (Reiti 2 really pushing it on a Murmi build). Trident Finisher is pretty strong, but lacks on AoE and AoE atk ratio. Compared to Pelta 3 per say, I’d say you lose some dps in exchange for grouping up mobs effectively every Pull Rete use. Reiti 1 imo gives you the most burst dps in exchange for lowest sustained dps.

• Hoplite gives you an avrg dps compared to other choices, coupled with a nice survivability boost. Definetly the tankiest among them all at lower gear (but if you have good gears all of them are effectively the same at tanking).

• Murmi 2 is definetly worth it, Scutum double AoE atk ratio, Shield Train & Sprint are very good and hard to pass up on. Just Sprint utility itself makes me rate Murmi 2 higher than any Murmi 1 build with more Pelta/Hop/Rodel/Reiti

2 Likes

Cool, very detailed information. I’m completely OK with dropping nak muy. I used the unlock voucher anyway, so no effort wasted XD.

Now the problem is deciding a build. I kinda wanna dedicate murmillo to C3 and retiarius to C3 on another character. Pelt3 sounds very tempting, but losing Hop for the +3 AoE from finestra is really disappointing. Another downside for not having hoplite in the build is the inability to wield spear. I have quite a few swordsman characters that use spear so I can share weapons. Ironically none of my SWORDSman uses sword XD

I’m retiarius c3, in my build nak muay fits perfectly as a cc filler, but if you’re rodelero already you won’t need nak muay at all, as said above murmilo don’t benefit from nak muay as retiarius do.

How does retiarius benefit from nak muy?

In a PVP Ret3 build, I use Te Trong and Te Kha mostly for their CC utility. Outside of that, they’re just for fillers in the rotation.

It’s still a good 1-rank wonder, but if you can get more benefits from going C2 or C3 on another class with that rank those options might be better. For this reason, once another rank reset comes, I’ll definitely take Nak Muay out of my build to pave way for a better build.

For now, I’ll just enjoy these punches and kicks.

So what is your ret3 build? I’m planning sword-pelt2-hop3-dop-ret3.

That’s a good Ret3 build and I’m actually planning to reroll into that when I have the chance.

Right now I’m Sword3 Pel2 Dop1 NakMuay1 Ret3.