Tree of Savior Forum

Is my rig the cause of low fps (8-12)

System

• CPU : AMD A8-3870 APU with Radeon™ HD Graphics (4 CPUs), ~3.0GHz
  • RAM : 8.00GB DDR3 @ 532MHz
  • Graphics Card :1533MB ATI AMD Radeon HD 6550D
  • Mainboard : ASRock A55M-VS (CPUSocket)
  • Storage : 465GB Hitachi HDS721050DLE630 ATA Device
  • Internet Connection : Boradband
  • Country, Region : Philippines, NCR

I’m not sure how well this game works with crossfire if you’re actually using your setup that way but that might be the case

Though, I can’t ascertain if that case might be because of that

Your setup in crossfire is around 50% of my PC rig in terms of performance and I can run ToS in full settings max FPS as long as there aren’t like 15 above players around with heavy SFX skills which is why I’m thinking your low FPS might be due to this game having no crossfire support or you simply haven’t modified your settings to go full low quality graphics mode of the game.

thanks for the insight… any tips on how to go full low setting here in TOS unfortunately I haven’t or rather dontknow how to put in full low quality.

Just go to settings and uncheck anything i.e. bloom, high quality textures, etc.

Also, make sure you have ticked the “Low Mode” option at the right of those checkboxes.

Low quality works… getting 20-15 FPS now… I guess crossfire is not supported now… Thanks for the assistance tsigetartseht!

1 Like

You’re welcome! A like on my reply would be much appreciated :thumbsup:. I do hope crossfire and DirectX11 gets supported though

1 Like

so to those who got good rig… what is the max FPS you can get?

Gtx 960 here.
40 FPS in town, 15-20 fps when there are too many players around. It’s such a shame a good game like this one with this bad optimization :frowning:

I would also recommend turning of vertical sync.

1 Like

Hitting at 60 fps, even in crowded areas.

seriously? … I’m only using a laptop with GT540M my average was 35FPS then when there are lots of players arround I’m getting 10-15FPS even lower.

I’m planning on buying ROG G20 with the GTX970… if your gtx960 can only perform that much then I should rethink buying one… :neutral_face:

Right now, it would be best to buy old cards/old GPUs that perform best with DX9 if you’re looking to have the best FPS experience on ToS. Even new cards now are not at their best on DX9 because it’s considered almost obsolete now.

I am getting 20 ~ 30 fps too. And my graphics card is GT740m. I seriously think this game is not detecting my dedicated graphics card and is using the integrated one. I even tried forcing TOS to run using my NVIDIA card through the nvidia control panel but still the same results and FPS. I tried lowering the graphics and all but still receiving low fps. Disabling the integrated card through BIOS wouldnt help cause it might disable the display on my laptop. This is really frustrating :’(

what GPU are you using?

Nvidia 980 Ti. Game isn’t fully optimize yet, so it could even go higher for those people suffering bad fps.

• CPU : AMD A8-3870 APU with Radeon™ HD Graphics (4 CPUs), ~3.0GHz
  • Graphics Card :1533MB ATI AMD Radeon HD 6550D

another thing to check is… if you look at your CPU dedicated graphics, I had the same problem with a dual graphics chip (intel hd + gtx 760M) and the game (ToS) used the weaker one by default, so I had to force it via the NVidia Control Panel… not sure if its the same with AMD cards?

btw: thats NOT crossfire…

I believe is the game is not optimize yet like Tiernen said,
I refuse for my rig to be this low (lol)

185 fps even with monsters around.

I would like to have half of FPS lol

Tiernen, go to a populated area with 10+ players around you and i wanna see wheres all those FPSs are going… :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like