Tree of Savior Forum

Is my healing bad?

My friends and I are returning just after quitting around the time rank 10 became a thing. I play as the main healer. Before, I’d just throw around Heal Tiles and that was pretty sufficient for most of the endgame content. I didn’t run into any problems keeping up with them but it’s suddenly hard as of Re:Build. Is it my build?

I’m running a Paladin-Oracle-PD build and my 4k/3sec Restoration aura can barely keep up with my team once we reach stage 5 of challenge mode. Is this gonna be a problem during the raids? I think part of the problem was that my friends weren’t using upgraded gear, but it’d be nice to know what to expect.

I guess I need more SPR, huh?

EDIT: Oh, I should probably talk about what’s happening. When we’re being swarmed, that’s when I start to notice that my friends are rapidly losing health. Normally, they just stand or walk around shooting and stuff. I throw in my heals and it’s enough to heal more than half of their bar. Unfortunately, the regen from my aura and the Heal passive isn’t enough to keep up with the damage they’re taking. When my heals are on cooldown, I use Foretell to keep everyone alive. But while I begin to cast Heal they’re already dead!

Cleric’s Guardian Angel increases outgoing healing now, if I remember right.

Priest is also a good healer class too.

1 Like

Restoration is a sustaining heal but not good (heals every 3 sec for a 100+% healing factor) as an instant aoe healing skill. You need to have atleast a mass heal, tree of sephiroth, or indulgentia to improve your healing and more SPR build.

Adding a priest will help too. Resu is more useful now than ever.

Does Druid have a good group heal? Or is it almost comparable to Restoration?

I don’t mind swapping out Paladin for Priest as a last resort. I’d probably have to switch PD with Exorcist if I wanted more damage… I really like PD though.

I haven’t tried the new druid. But druid is an offensive class. You can try it out tho if you want.

Restoration is a bit awkward in that its healing is really `spaced out, but it is a pretty solid heal skill at the same.

Regardless this about all you could do about it:

• Getting more spr is always a good idea, as its the primary contributor to your healing stat and some classes do have very low spr factors. (like paladin)
  • Remember to get the enhances for Guardian Saint and whatever healing skills you’re using, in this case heal and restoration.
  • They likely will need to improve their gear further to reduce dmg for the later stages anyway.
  • Tell them to use hp potions as well if they didn’t already, every bit helps. Though they still aren’t as good as they are in ktos yet I heard…
  • Or just grab priest to ensure survival due to revive, res and mass heal. That’s about as good as it gets healing wise.

Bit of a derailment, but most aoe healing skills are quite good and have their specific strengths and weaknesses. With the exception of Mass heal as that’s just insane atm.

As to specific healing skills:
Mass Heal:

• Heals 1902% in an area with a 15s cd.
  • is affected by Heal:Linger still and thus gets 9 ticks of 50% of what mass heal healed for as a bonus.
  • Comes with revive + res to further ensure a party survives.
  • Has an enhance and scales of your healing stat.
  • Ergo best instant and burst heal with relative ease.

Tree of Sephiroth:

• Heals for 5% max health x 29 ticks in target area with a cd of 45s.
  • Ein Sof improves healing on targets it buffed by 30%. But tree is only affected by ein sof’s hp boost.
  • Has a enhance to further boost it, but ignores healing stat as it scales solely of max hp.
  • Tends to be overkill in raw healing tbh, and has an annoying 30s downtime. Ignores Guardian Saint to boot.

Chortasmata:

• Heals for 147.4% x 13 ticks over 14s in target area. 20s cd.
  • Its enhance only affects its dmg, not the healing. Does scale of healing though.
  • Healing wise it’s still quite strong, but it does buff enemies crit res atm as well…

Restoration:

• Heals for 193.8% every 3s and can be kept up constantly.
  • Has an enhance and scales from your healing stat.
  • Far more spread out healing, but still heals quite a large amount.

Indulgentia:

• Heals for 183% x 9 ticks over 10s with a 30s cd.
  • Similar to Chorta but as a mobile buff instead.

Roughly calculated, with maxed enhances, that turns into:
Restoration = 6202% healing per minute.
Indulgentia = 5270% healing per minute.
Chortasmata = 5748.6% healing per minute.
Mass Heal = 13239% healing per minute. (forgot heal:linger attribute)
Tree of Sephiroth = 309% max health per minute on average.

But that’s mostly just to show that chorta/resto are quite strong numerically.
And we already had videos of 2man velcoffers kept alive by indulgentia and heal + potions only. So most heal skills list above are quite serviceable imo.

3 Likes

If your party having hard time surviving at stage 4, suggest them to go to more open space, so you don’t get ganked by mob all around.

The positive with feline and spell town favorite spot is also it’s tight spot.

Wow, thank you so much for the writeup!

For now, I think I’ll switch to Priest just so I can carry my friends. When I have stronger gear I’ll switch back to Paladin.

1 Like

seems that we have a lot of good healers