Tree of Savior Forum

Is Magnus Opus worth leveling?

Greetings! I have been reading public builds for alchemist and I noticed that the most popular builds max Briquetting and Tincturing while ignoring Magnus Opus. Gem Roasting is a must and so it is Item Awakening.

The problem is that I remember watching some videos were some dudes mix items likea Twinkle Rod and a Potentia and besides losing 1 potential the Twinkle didn’t change in any way. How does the “Change Attack” works? Is it random?

As far as i know, Magnus Opus don’t do that kind of stuff, think of it like GW2 craft system part where you mix some materials to discover a new recipe (if you ever played it you will know), it is unknown to many, i am not sure if there is a recipe that would do what you describe.

As of the R8 coming (soon™(?)), you will be able to use that skill to create an homunculus, so i would guess most alchemists would max it or at least increase to a certain Lv (for the required item slot numbers for an homunculi).

In the end, it goes by taste, some like to have something new to try, but i am not sure if the skill is working properly, not sure if in tomorrow’s patch merging some skills like MO will be working properly beside the ones stated on the patch notes.