Tree of Savior Forum

Is linker1 still worth it? (Wiz3–Linker1–Sorc2–Warlock)

The short explanation is that linker1 is the most efficient choice in terms of what you get for what you spend. Taking c2 or c3 is if you want a character to highly specialize in party control imo

I made a linker2 character in order to compare 8 vs 5, the problem is that’s all you get. Its still 22 seconds between joints (enemies die long before that so increased duration on joint is null) and a pitiful duration increase on hangman.

Thanks. I’d probably go Necro so I don’t waste the 50% amplify from Quickcast. I really like the Sorc2 summons though, too bad I can’t have both Sorc2 & Necro without sacrificing Rank7. >__< Taking Sorc1 only is just not worth it.

Last question about linker, Can I disable a single enemy with JointPenalty + Hangman combo? or does it only work on multiple enemies?

That makes me think. Maybe I can consider this build:
Wiz3-Link1-Sorc1-Necro1-Featherfoot or Warlock

The only problem is I can’t control my summons with Sorc1 only. But I still get the buff from Sorc1’s Cat Servant.

i don’t know if you have played sorc or not but sorc AI is horrible, even more in sorc 1.

I guess Sorc1 is out of the menu then. :stuck_out_tongue:

I’m left with these choices:

Wiz3-Link1-Sorc2-Warlock
Wiz3-Link1-Sorc2-Featherfoot

Wiz3-Link2-Necro-Warlock
Wiz3-Link2-Necro-Featherfoot

Joint can only be applied to two or more targets. That can include things like ice walls, fire balls, etc.

I have a sorc1 at the moment, still deciding on whether to take c2 as well. I mean, the AI is terribad. However, it can be made to work consistently on bosses without control skills. Also, five more levels in summoning doesn’t make your summon itself all that much stronger if I’m not mistaken(?).

Then again I don’t keep the thing up 100% of the time except on bosses.

I made a whole topic about Wiz 3 > Linker > Sorc 2 > Warlock and I will tell you why I did so:

• My initial idea was to get Wiz 3 > Linker 3 > Warlock. That was before Linker’s nerf. Before it HK could keep all linked mobs locked for infinite time at level 10+ as it gained 1s per level and had 10 sec cooldown.

• When Linker was nerfed it stopped being enough by itself, it became a complementary rank as even support wizards generally end up not finishing up all of it’s ranks. That’s because linker is awesome at any rank, what is bad is that it has it’s best skills at C1, C2 and C3 come with very little to add other than more targets on JP and seconds on HK.

• Then I thought about Necro 1. It is a nice idea, but the problem to me at the time was simply that Necro looks like a poorly designed version of Warlock. It took part in summon ways but in a bad one, flesh cannon is a bad version of evil sacrifice, hoop is a bad version of theurge and both invocation and pole of agony are pretty good to comparing to other skills necro offers, it doesn’t even shine that bright at rank 7 to be honest. Also you spend money to use skills, Cannon is the best, and one of the most expensive.

• If I wanted a DPS only character around linker I’d probably have taken Necro, if you are willing to pay for it and really spam those costy spells it might actually turn into a great DPS pump.

• You have to consider this is a “build of the future”, basicaly you are trying to build a DPS using almost no circles with damage skills until rank 6.

• With that in mind I thought about Sorcerer, thought first of Linker 2 > Sorc or Linker > Sorc > Necro. Honestly, Sorc doesn’t shine at all at C1. I could manage my templeshooter at C1, seriously, you just have to understand how to position him and how far away you can go when he is shooting, but you lose the option to REALLY control him, to ride him and using his skills (there are some reeeally good skills, not only for damage but CC and such). 5 bats are bad, 10 bats with dark att from warlock are awesome. Servant’s buffs are seriously good, Salamion I use only for bosses with Burn Att as he is your spare point.

• Just so you understand summon’s scaling, at Skill level 10, 10 stars, from level 211 to level 212, with 1 point added to INT, he went from 2648 atq to 2661 atq. Before that he was 6 stars, from 200 to 211 all points added to int he went from 2132 atq to 2224 atq. Considering the difference is smaler when more levels are considered he got, in 11 levels, 92 atq points, that at 6 stars (not really sure how much it changes right now since I just got it to 10 stars). That looks like pretty good scaling to me, remember Temple Shooter deals 2 hits (so 184 damage in those 11 levels) with very big AoE every 2 seconds. Also has a skill that delivers 15 hits to all targets within that AoE (at least it did on boss where it lasted so I could check)

• Keep in mind this build is very different to be played from normal wizards, you use JP for all your good combos, all you have that doesn’t need it actualy is your summon (who already has AoE anyway), which still only gets better with it.

Sorry if it got too long, I like this style of builds, if you go on Necro’s path with linker 2 or somthing like that it would be nice to see how you feel when you get there.

PS.: Both Linker and Sorcerer are considered Hard to play in game difficulty. I am playing this and I agree with both, Linker is mostly close ranged and can simply fail if you have bad positiong. Sorcerer requires you to have a better SP management, limits a lot the area you can jump around if you want to keep shooter attacking, has some situational control skills which are very good if you use them when they really need to be used but can make your game a pain if you overuse it, also it can call unwanted mobs and have a lot of weird mechanics. I like it a lot, I’m making a cryokinowl for PvP and honestly miss my stupid summon so much I can barely enjoy it but I really get the point of why some people avoid it.

2 Likes

Hmmm, good point. You made my choice even tougher. lol
I can see that you chose Warlock over Featherfoot. Aren’t you worried about Warlock’s cooldown? Also, I think some skills require you to have corpses near you (if I understood correctly).

Is “Wiz3-Link2-Necro-Warlock” really that expensive to maintain? I thought gathering corpses won’t be that hard.

The only real long cooldown you get is Pole of Agony which is 2 minutes or so.

After landing that you have your Dark Thuerge (32-second cd) and Summon Familiar (35-second cd).

By then you’d also utilise your Sorc to use the skills of your summon, use Joint Penalty, Magic Missile, rinse repeat Theurge and Familiar til your Pole of Agony is back up.

Edit: I don’t have a sorc, but I think that’s what you’d be doing–just not sure of the sequence per rotation.

2 Likes

When you play for real you understand skill rotation needs much less skills than it looks like. Skills have somehow long animations.

You have to recast Quickast every 15 seconds, so you only have around 13 seconds every 15 to cast spells.

Linker takes you at least 2 or 3 seconds to make a good position setup and skill animation, every 22 seconds.

If you use HK that’s another 2 seconds you lost on your rotation.

MM is about 3~4 seconds every 17 seconds.

Familiar around 2 seconds every 35 seconds.

And so it keeps going, you don’t realy need as much damage spells as it looks like.

2 Likes

I think necro 2 worth it a lot, u’ll love it, just look for some necro videos, its a lot more helpfull to pvp.

1 Like

Wrong, actually. There’s only one spell that can reliably heal you if you used Surespell before it, and that’s Bloodsucking. Problem is, as all channeling spells, it will suck your SP dry really fast if you cast it long enough, and you need mobs to be directly in front, close to you.

As for Bloodbath, it cannot be considered a reliable healing spell because:

1. you have to stay in the blood pool that remains for 5 seconds after stabbing, which means that any nearby monsters can hit you easily,

2. the amount of HP you get is currently almost non-existant - on level 5 of Bloodbath I’m getting 82 HP per tick (other party members get less, no idea why), 16 ticks total, regardless of how many mobs you stabbed at once, which makes 82*16 = 1312 HP. Since I have over 19k HP at the moment and single regular mobs can hit for 800-1600+ HP with simple hits and even harder with skills, it’s almost nothing.

Reflect Shield does nothing against archers who hit you for 6-9k with Spiral Arrow. Surespell does not prevent knockdown from regular melee or archer monsters, so it’s very rarely used. 3 monster mages @ lvl240+ will wipe floor with a wizard in a matter of seconds, if you don’t control them, even with Reflect Shield and Surespell.

Do Necro’s “Flesh Hoop” stack with Warlock’s “Dark Theurge”. These 2 are very similar skills.

I’m taking Featherfoot out of the equation due to short range (skills can easily be dodged during PVP). Here are my 4 remaining options:

Wiz3-Link1-Sorc2-Warlock –(1st choice) Sorc2 can amplify dark damage
Wiz3-Link2-Necro-Warlock –Not sure if Flesh hoop stacks w/ Theurge
Wiz3-Link1-Sorc3 –Might be a bad idea
Wiz3-Link2-Necro2 –Not sure if Necro2 is better than Warlock1

@ENZO_OZN3

Wiz3-link2 - necro 2 , linker 2 a lot better than 1, and necro c2 is perfect with hoop and canon lvl 10, its different than warlock but still a very good choice , and u’ll like the dmg, also pvp and pve.

1 Like

Necro 1 and 2 has same number of hits for both Flesh Cannon and Flesh Hoop, only base damage changes, I’d consider taking Warlock instead of Necro 2 and using Necro skills as filler of Warlock’s, I’m pretty sure this would have better DPS.

1 Like

Thanks for the input. :slight_smile:
If we only compare Rank 6, is Linker2-Necro1 stronger than Linker1-Sorc2 ?
Tough choice for me :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

@ENZO_OZN3

necro 2 will give you desinter skill, you will spend less money with corpses , it also will improve dmg from ur cannon and hoop, I don’t think warlock is better than necro 2 in your build specifically. Warlock is not the only smart choice for rank 7…

linker 1 = 5 mobs linked , u will miss more links in a high lvl maps
linker 2 = 8 mobs linked, a lot better u will see for ur self ‘-’
linker 3 = 10 mobs linked, just +2 not worth it them.

So Quick Cast attribute affects familiars? Does it affect only familiar or summon in general?

What ?
Why would they need a cast bar for aiming ? Flame Ground doesn’t have a cast bar.
If the skill effect is the same regardless of the cast duration, then it’s another imc fail.