Tree of Savior Forum

Is linker 2 enough for parties?

Hello!

Is linker 2 enough for parties? I am thinking of getting it for rank 8. Right now, my build is:

Wiz > pyro 3 > link 1 > sorc 2

I’m seeing a lot of shouts looking for linkers in parties so I’m thinking of going linker 2 for rank 8. But I’m not sure if it’s enough to be accepted.

More elitist parties looking to maximize gains could turn you down in favor of other builds anyway, so theres no need to make a decision on that alone.

From experience linker1 is enough to get you accepted most of the time. Linker2 or sage would both be smart choices for this build.

Depending on the map, people would prefer a linker2 or a sage.

linker 1 and a dandel gem is enough to everything, don´t need to waste one rank.

Linker2 has been enough for me, though I’m also a chrono. I do use a dandel gem so that I can get 9 links when under divine might, which IMO is close enough to linker3 anyway.

With the current joint penalty mechanics, linked mobs will be insta-killed by almost any skill.

If you feel like insta-killing 8 mobs instead of 5 isn’t worth 1 class circle, then Linker 2 isn’t for you.

But I can tell you that, once mobs start having 400k+ hp, waiting another 22 seconds might be faster than spamming whatever other dps skill you could of gotten from not going Linker 2.

1 Like

Instead of 6*****

Come on, it’s not like monster gems can’t be sold on market anymore.

Also, many mobs are JP-resistant from now on, which makes it harder to find big packs of linkable mobs (take Maven for a low level example)

Thauma C3 can now probably boost matk/patk by ~1k, Pass is -25 sec CD to all skills with 50+ sec CD, Linker is the only class that can actualy be cut shorter.