Tree of Savior Forum

Is Job Reset Real?

I’d hate class reset. Some guy levels and works hard to level a full tank or full support/healer while the first ■■■■■■■ that comes will level the easiest class to then class reset to a more useful one? No thanks. You want your class, you work for it and educate yourself on what it is you want to do with it before choosing. This game gives you some responsibilities for your actions…I feel like no one ever got a taste of adulthood here.

[quote=“roflmaopapa, post:20, topic:217078, full:true”]
Only believe when there is a source provided. Internet101.
[/quote] agreed especially when people say it will never happen

Class reset will only break the game… people are just lazy to reroll when they screw their build up, then searching for the easy way out. This is suppose to be an old school grindy genre mmorpg… Rerolling is part of the process.

This is why recent games really suck and “lack of content” because everything is spoonfed to players. Then players complaint about it being “too linear” and “too short”.

Seriously… RIP good o’ days. And ironically some of these
“OMG I love RO1, Nostalgia HYPE” players are those constantly asking for shortcuts. Be it AddOns such as Betterquest. These “fake” fans are just riding onto the Hype train. Makes me sick.

4 Likes

I hope IMC will not introduce this. :>

1 Like

If they want the game to last, they wouldn’t. I won’t be able to accept it if they really implement it. Spending 8 years in development and players “completing” it in… 2 weeks?

Same here. When i got rank 7 4 or 5 days ago I had to reroll because of some skill combo bug, and now I’m currently Lv150 right now and I don’t feel that bad rerolling to a different build, I even feel like a new man. :laughing:

And atleast I can just transfer my old gears.

1 Like

I think with the game so wide they need too. No everyone have the time to reroll . plus is a mmo is always update . job change should be done right and balance . maybe not in tp shop but probably some quest or if it is a tp item cooldown of 1 to 3 month. Just my opinion .

If you feel that wasting hundreds of hours on remaking your characters because of a patch or because of lack of information on your class at the time when you picked it is fine, I really think that the one who didn’t get a taste of adulthood yet is you. Working adults quickly learn to value their time much more than you seem to.

2 Likes

Hah, no. Adults search and make decisions upon researching the information and not on a whim. Adulthood is about responsibility and understanding that every step that you take has an impact on your future as well as life. Not that it applies here but if you spent 200 hours into a 280 character and are unhappy then why did you continue it in the first place? After all, the classes are pretty straight forward and it’s easy to tell, regardless of the class, how it’ll be and that starting early.

Xyshen is correct. This was stated by IMC long ago.

does that go for the “sub classes” that you pick later? I mean NOT the main class like archer, wizard and swordsman but the once you pick every 15 lvl can you change those at some point?

If you are that mature of a “working adult” then you should understand what Respect is.

IMC’s developers and designers are [quote=“Skyfire, post:28, topic:217078”]
Working adults
[/quote]
as well.

Respect how they design their game instead of constanly asking for changes to suit your needs. Else go back to playing facebook games.

I hope there is no class reset. Period. I worked hard to perfect my build. Now the noobs want to take the easy way out. Life is unfair. Knowledge rewards you. If you messed up, put in another 200 hours because you were too lazy to research. I must have studied the game 100 hours before even making a class. Now I get to reap the rewards.

2 Likes

no class resets please.
theres plenty of other games that hold your hand, this is not one of them, so if you dont wanna put in the time to make a new character cause things didnt work out, then this game is not for you

5 Likes

I would like a small button that’d allow you to warp to an area to test out a class’ skills against a dummy. Like, a custom map with something like the Highlander dummy posts where you’d have a preview of the class you selected. Or even, allow us to bring our skills we already had to test out certain combinations.

It’d ease the people who worry about their build being screwed up, and it gives the hard-working folk some more theorycrafting before dedicating themselves.

If they want the game to succeed and last after increasing ranks and level cap in the future a class reset will be needed.

People will get over it when it happens but id be very surprised if it flat out didnt happen,

Huge waste of potential money for IMC

I hope it never happen. It’s too game breaking. Why need different people if you can just reset yours and do what it takes. Why make more characters. It’s just too money oriented and very unfun.

Fun is subjective and has no baring on whether or not it should or shouldn’t be a feature

everything can happen in this p2w game… soon they will put a job reset potion for like 500TP and the losers that need $$$ to compete with skilled players gonna pay… crap p2w

The only element currently that could be P2W are enchant scrolls and the movement speed obtained from Tokens, both of which seem to be getting disabled in PvP, where it would matter.