Tree of Savior Forum

Is it possible to evade magic attacks?

I don’t have problem with bosses, as u said there is always a way to avoid the attack (dodge or jump or run). But some monsters’ magic attack are just unavoidable. Same happened with me at mage tower.

It makes sense. Maybe that is the case… Once they target me… death awaits haha.

Anyway… I tried putting a little bit CON and them SPR, not much difference. The thing is, if I invest in CON my HP just gets bigger and them I l’m able to live longer but it is not what I want.
Isn’t it some sort of bug? This magic attack that follows you forever even if the “area of attack” (range?) of the monster is far away?

Not really, it’s just a different approach. Rates aren’t very reliable, at least not for me.

Plain high physical and magic defense, that’s my goal. (The physical is OK already.)

I love how they build this game in such way.

Making derp face watching the full dex build Swordie/Archer running like headless chicken in Main Chamber.

contrary to what most people have said there is a way to ‘null’ it

Resist Elements can ‘null’, assuming it means take no damage, elemental damage (exculding light and dark magic) at 15% chance at max level.

I’m obsessed with Resist Element 15 + Increase Magic Defense 10.

lol Such a bad person.
Anyway, I’m not full dex and yet I do run like a crazy chicken trying to avoid those spells. STR=DEX and about 20 points SPR and CON each to enhance recovery.

I made a new char swordie after I hit my wall at 178 necro so lazy to grind there.

So this time it is my turn to become a chicken :smiley:

Wait, what? Homing magic definitely CAN be dodged, granted your level is around the same as the mob and you have enough evasion.

according to reddit thread, slithering rank2 rodelero skill allows you to evade magic damage, but not status effect

Only if the projectile itself isn’t actually classified as Magic (and believe me, a lot of homing “magic” is really physical and can be blocked/evaded.)

As posted above, the only way to legit evade ACTUAL magic attacks is Rodelero’s Slithering and Paladin’s Resist Element, the latter of which is only a chance for a specific element, but has the bonus of being a buff and not a channeling stance.

That’s… quite confusing. Guess logic isn’t this game’s best aspect.

Cleric safety zone prevent all damage, but sometimes not the push back effect

1 Like

AoE = get out of the effin area
single target= get out of range

Doesnt help when you are running around or fighting some other monster and get hotdropped by 5 mages that instantly aggro and cast ice blast…

lol suck it dex builds. And anyone who happens to have low hp.

well I was eprtaining to PVE. not a fan of PVP hehe

…as I said some magic attacks don’t have a defined range, it follows you forever and eventually you get hit. Those monsters from the video are an example… and that is why I think it might be some sort of bug… but since I’m not sure, I don’t know if I should report.

There is no stat that can dodge magic. However, there are a lot of skills you can actually dodge by getting out of the range of the spell (not sure about PvP).

Edit: Ugh. Should’ve scrolled down to see this was necro’d. -.-

Easiest way I know to avoid magic attacks is to sit in town and don’t accept duel requests.

1 Like