Tree of Savior Forum

Is it okay to combine pyro + rune caster?

Hello, I just want to ask about this build.

Currently a Pyromancer build + Linker is a popular build right now because of the new item that increase its fire damage, which is Agny Necklace. Also after Rune Caster skills was Buffed, Rune of Giant give a really good offer to wizard skills.

So is it okay if I mix both of them at the same time?. Here’s the build Anyway

http://www.tosbase.com/tools/skill-simulator/build/mhjq6dhm31/

you cannot use pyro skills when in giant form.

Really? but we still can use rune caster skills right?. Also we can just use fireball before using rune of giant

im using a pyro c2>linker c2>RC>featherfoot c2 build.
this build will allow me to use all skills when in giant form by using a rune of giants and levitate bug. this will also allow me to use blood curse when in giant form. Currently at ff c1 only.

If you want to use rune caster skills, do note the long cool down of 50 seconds and more. rune of justice and destruction damage are too low to be useful against rank 8 mobs, magic missile is also going to tickle them. linker c1 is not enough for rank 8, you need more hits and targets for more damage to 300k to 500k trash mobs.

So the levitation bug allow wizards skill to be enabled while in Rune of Giant. Do you think they will still allow it without the bug in the future?

And you say linker c1 is not enough, so what if I change it to pyromancer C1 and linker C2, is that better?. Is just RC’s casting time is too long, I didn’t want it .-.

rune caster and wizard tree as in wiz c1 to c3 skills can be used in when in giants buff but skills in other trees like pyro and linker cannot be used.

pyro c1 damage is decent enough for fighting bosses. you can cast 2 fireballs, duplicate them with micro dimension and then joint penalty them to the boss.

No i do not think they will allow pyro skills to be used because with such a good buff with 100% uptime would be too op.

Linker c1 is really not enough. the hit count will run out too fast.

If you want to make use of rune caster’s best skills then try out littlesamson’s cryo kino build. Rune of Ice is rune caster’s strongest skill in my opinion. But do note that you will need an audra staff to make it work well

actually I need a build that can survive against r8 monsters, cause you know how strong their mdef are.

If you think pyromancer c1 is enough then I’ll do it, maybe.

Thank’s anyway

Only some mobs in rank 8 maps have very high magic defense. To overcome their magic defense, you need at least 2.5k magic attack to do more than 1 damage to them. This being said, you must have level 315 weapons +5 with trancendence.

Generally speaking, your build will rely more on Joint penalty>hangman’s knot>magic missile combo for mobbing and fireball for bossing.

there is one synergy that pyro have with runecaster. enchant fire with rune of giants. the giant jump acts like an autoattack with UNLIMITED aoe ratio (for wiz uses matk, others physical), and passes cafrisun/etc. effects. pyro1 rune is not that great though, since enchant fire scrolls replace this.

unfortunately… rune of giants skills are limited to wizard base class and other runes. wiz3 synergy with pyro is terrible (agny bonus is additive). if unlocked in the future, links would be quite potent with this… the true melee wizard.

rune of destruction seems to function similar to magic missile- shooting one bolt off each target randomly. given how links were changed to limit the MM link combo, this has also affected rune of destruction and it currently doesn’t stand out among aoe skills with linker.

a build that hopes for the future of giants being unlocked would be pyro link3 rune FF2. put down fireballs near the boss, link, and stab the fireballs. note that this build will not be that effective in TBL, as it is rare to get quickcast through spiritual link.

well for now I think I have made my final result with my build, which is:
http://www.tosbase.com/tools/skill-simulator/build/f0ao75mgs4/

seems good.

But make sure rune of giants is at least 4/5 if not 5/5.

that build probably has less damage than the pyrolink variant, but will be more capable in pvp and vs extreme mdef. hope that is what you are after.

I have a pyromancer 3 + linker 1 and a pyromancer 1 + linker 3, the second one is thrash vs boss (because transcend made lifeline almost useless now) and damage is not enough at all.

how much Magic attack do you have with your pyro c1 linker c3? cause i met a pyro c1 linker 3 alch c2 today in saalus and she soloed 2 bosses by herself in royal mausoleum.

301 Wizzard 1 pyromancer 1 linker 3 alchemist 3 not full INT because didn’t know about rank 8 magical resistances: 2200 magic attack.
My wizzard 3 pyromancer 3 linker 1 has 2500 magic attack (+8 chapparitions) can kill a lot faster obviously.

Unless you are full con with no damage ranks and low or no attributes everybody can do alone while taking 1 damage.
Maybe the one you met was a beast with 70-90 attributes and 8 chapparitions we cannot know lol. (despites being alchemist 3 :O)