Tree of Savior Forum

Is Hoplite worth it?

Does Lancer benefit by getting Hoplite as a lower rank class beside Spear Lunge? I’m kinda interested in the upcoming Hoplite rework.

About as much as Dragoon, none of the Hoplite abilities are locked to one handed spear.

Finestra gives crit, but no block. The hidden block effect for Initiative was removed.

Spear Lunge + Crush + Quintain is absolute overkill tho, you’ll already be capped to the 777k damage without Lunge.

If you want to build Lancer I would recommend Cata 3. Acrobatic Mount gives +50% damage to all Cata / Lancer skills. Rush also gets +30% dmg if used with Initiative buff.

Note: Acrobatic Mount is not implemented yet in iToS

Barb for the future dragonsoar OH and cyclone, aoe attack ratio is not a concern with lvl 10 centaurus x 3 and trans 10 + 18 RHP. Hoplite is pointeless in my farm build since it can already sweep with skills only from goon and dopel, stronger aggro would make things easier.

EDIT: respec to sw3barbpeltdopgoon3, for double slash filler skill sometimes not all in one combo and AA is just annoying.

Simply Pelt1 Hop 3 Doppel 1 Dragoon 3.
With the dragoon helmet Barb C1 seems useless.

Pelt gives swash + more Block.
Hoplite C3 gives high critrate+ High blockrate.
20% more dmg on Medium targets and many single target skills.
Stabbing after the rework looks realy good.
Theres no need for Spear throw since you get Cyclone/Dragontooth/Dragonfall/Dethroned for AoE.
Doppel gives you 17% more dmg DoV double pay earn and with Cyclone a nice Aoe Filler Skill.

Im not sure if its even worth to go with 2-H spears now maybe as Hl3 Build without Hop c3.

In the end you have very Good Dps even some Range Skills.
Very Good Defense with 1-H spear.

And if you switch Doppel C1 to Corsair C1 you can even go PvP without loosing much.

If Murmnobi finally get the well deserved nerf we can get the #1 spot And maybe think about murm c1 for rank 10 XD

1 Like

We also got Doppelnobi and Fencernobi now. Yeah skills are don’t stack, but soon we will see Sw3, Hl2, Dop3/fencer3 + shinobi.

Murm will never be an option. can’t wear both helmets at the same time…

1 Like

Hey, your Dopp-Murm build seem pretty interesting. With the upcoming hoplite buff, a Pelta 1 - Hop 3 - Dopp 3 - Murmi 1 may be worth to try it out. Will you try it or do you prefer the Pelta 3 varation?

I thought a lot about this too. Hop 3 is a very strong candidate for this build but I feel like losing out on Swash Buckling lv 15 kind of goes against the whole purpose of the build.

Doppel 3 is there mostly for AoE dps and without Swash Buckling its hard keeping mobs grouped up properly to take the most benefit you can from your Cyclone and other skills.

It’s not a bad trade, but Hop 3 trades that utility for better boss dps, since Synchro Thrust and Stabbing both have really small AoE range. This build isn’t really focused on killing bosses, so if you want a boss dps class, it’s better ditching Doppel altogether and picking something else (shinobi, rodelero, etc).

A lot of people judge Swash Buckling as being a “lazy person” skill, as if it was used just for luring mobs quicker. However, if you’re a smart Pelta player, you can always reposition yourself a little bit after Swash Buckling to group mobs very close together and use your dps skills to their full content, being limited only by your AoE atk ratio. It’s not hard to hit 6+ mobs with Umbo Thrust if you have Swash Buckling lv 15, while it can be bothersome to do the same with Swash only lv 5.

Shouldn’t lv 10 be enough? Or are you afraid to lose aggro?

Lv 10 sometimes can handle it. Depends on situation and amount of mobs in the room. If you’re not a Murmillo (i.e. shield dragoon build), Pelta 3 is a big sacrifice, so it’s better to stay Pelta 2. If you’re a Murmillo, Pelta 3 is well worth it because you also get decent dps skills from Umbo Thrust and Butterfly. If you’re Pelta 3, I strongly recommend you get Swash lv 15.

I don’t think lv 15 Swash is overkill. If you’re doing ET, challenge mode or some dg, Lv 10 can fail to pull a few mobs. The more mobs grouped up together, the faster you and your party kills stuff.

Hey @mrshadowccg, with the future changes to swordsman, your Pel3 Hop1 Doppel3 milo build will perform even better than before! With the new damage buffs formulas to shield classes, changes to swash and 10s punish it will boost the performance of the build quite a bit.

may i see your pel3hop1dop3murm skill distribution?

Its quite good but spear throw is dead… Instead, they are boosting stabbing back to their former glory and even more
Also making Pierce and the jump thing kinda worthy of learning

Hi, sorry for the late answer, I haven’t been playing as much anymore.

This was my skill distribution when I was playing that build, however, I reseted into Pelt 2 -> Rodel 3 -> Shino -> Murmi 2 (and going to reset again once shinobi patch hits us):

https://tos.neet.tv/skill-planner#113334999c.253555.1f3f657585.153545.4f1f5f.11344575

eeh? why? i thought hop1 is for finestra AAR+3 combined with cyclone natural 12AAR…
because i unlocked shino manually, i dont want to waste it. what is the best choice for pelt1-rank 345-dopel3-shino? aim to balance at single and multi target

Mostly because the lack of shinobi in the build was making it really bad killing bosses. Kind of ironic because I made that building thinking exactly not to focus on boss dps and I eventually came back on that.

I compared my dg 300 clear speed with the pelta 3 doppel 3 and the pelta 2 rodel 3 shinobi murmi 2 I have now and the doppel was indeed slightly faster at killing mobs because of cyclone + punish. However, that slightly faster clear speed against common mobs was held back by an abysmally slow kill speed when facing the boss. The single target dps was really weak due to lack of shinobi clones.

If you’re not picking Murmi 1 at rank 9, I would suggest ditching Pelta altogether and go a default Doppel 3 build. I have a Sw 3 -> HL 2 -> Doppel 3 -> Shinobi as well and it’s very good at both single target and multi target dps. Biggest downsides is the lack of shield (diminishes you surivability a lot) and lack of Swash Buckling (really really helpful when using Cyclone). Without Murmillo it’s surely not worth it trying to take Pelta in a doppel 3 build.

With the new Shinobi patch it’ll be very hard to pick something in swordman tree that won’t have shinobi at all. I just hope they fix the bug with clones damage and that it’s not actually intended.

i can feel you… swash is really useful, but bunshin+zwer+sturt is very strong too