Tree of Savior Forum

Is an alchemist worth it (profit-wise)?

Just as the topic suggested.

Not sure as new players are coming in.
For current pricing,

Potion crafting - price dropping
Awakening - earning but time wasting
Gem roasting - earn nothing (system charge tax 50%, material cost 3k) and many retard alchemist did not know this and sell service for 8k only. Thus earning 1k each gem roasting, which is stupid.

I personally prefer you play a support as wizards (chrono or thauma something) you will be welcome by many ppl as so far i see supporter is quite demand. But beware leveling will be hard.

Guess it’s worth it for only for role-playing purpose and the costume XD.

It’s stupid because they actually make money? :unicorn:

If you consider leveling a character all the way to rank 7 with a gimped dps/support capabilities equals to 1k silver which, as a proper dps can obtain in minutes, then yes, it’s stupid since it makes money

HastagTotallynotbaited
@OP yeah alchs make no money at all, wake up from your dreams people!

2 Likes

stupid is this narrow way of thinking

you can drop silver with your dps charater while you leave your akchemist roasting.

obviously most dps players will make more money than an alchemist but they won’t be doing it afk. they also won’t have a second source of income such as an alchemist.

I’d make either pardoner or alchemist for the purpose of making money

2 Likes

Best thing alch is used for until rank 8 is to make potions for you and your friends / guild yoi can pretty much get free potions since people will hand yoi the ingredients for potions lol

1 Like

long answer: we’ll have to wait, looks like the class need some rework asap. the only way to get some money is with potions and is not that great. Maybe some future patchs fix the class but i’m kinda skeptical.

short answer: no.

1 Like

If you whant an afk Shop
You probably better with Pardonner2(Priest3) or Squire (Repair/WeaponBoost)
You can also create a scroll Pardonner(Not sure if it sell well, never get any piece of information about it).

1 Like

I only mean the Gem Roasting cant earn or not efficient as much as others (pardoner/squire) being an offline shop (you can switch to sub or logoff after open the shop). For gem roasting i rather go out hunt something with guild or any materials can earn even more than your whole-night-few-customers-afkshop-only-that-few-k-income.

But i only refer to gem roasting. Pot crafting still earning but slower than last time. Awakening still earning for now.

And all i said is just refer for current situation. R8 have to see later though. If you want to earn while being offline shop, so far i see pardoner is the best. (I have a pardoner friend which earn much more compare to mine, excluding pot income)

@qwerty ermm… basically other comments already give u some idea in mind. But I wont deny the usefulness being an alchemist. Especially when you found a guild. As personal service for guild, alchemist is quite useful. Pot supply, combining weapons, awakening, all these can boost your guildmates alot. =)

Potions takes a lot of time to craft. (last batch i made took 6 hours) and the prices keep dropping like a stone.
Gem roasting gives you about 20k a day if you are lucky.
Awakening items takes forever and are for special interest only.
Magnus opus lets you use 4-8 low lvl, high drop chance items to make 1 low lvl, high drop chance item, and a hat…
And everyone has agreed to just pretend that Briquetting dont exist, as it might make your items worse and at the same time lose potential.

If you want to make money afk, make a pardoner.