Tree of Savior Forum

IPF Temporary fix (may not work for all)

What i am about to write here is a temporary fix i found myself, im not sure if it will work for everyone having this problem, and honesty its getting tiresome to fix these “broken” parts of the game.

1. Go to the game folder TreeOfSavior/Data.
  2. Delete the following files: binary.ipf, etc.ipf, ies_client.ipf, xml.ipf and xml_client.ipf.
  3. Open the game, the patcher will redownload those files.
  4. Try to login, if this dont work go to step 5.
  5. With the game closed go to the folder TreeOfSavior/Patch and delete everything inside.
  6. Reopen the game, the patcher will redownload the files.
  7. Try to login again.

If the problem persist, try all the same steps again, but instead of using the patch to redownload, verify the game integrity on steam to redownload the files.

How to verify steam game cache:

Updated information:

After a few more tests i made last night, it seem that the AV is the culprit on the IPF errors (in my case im using the built in Windows Defender on Windows 10), during the game loading (from server selection to lodge and from lodge to the actual in-game (call it w/e you want)) the AV keep on scanning the files, this seem to male the new anti-cheat system on the game react thinking the AV is modifying or injecting code into the files, after i added the game folder (TreeOfSavior) to the AV exception list, i havent go so far the IPF error, neither during login neither after some time playing.

Update 11/04 08:34AM server time
So far the game is going ok, no IPF errors, maybe the people who got VC++ error should try add the game to AV exception list for a test and see if it work, never know.

2 Likes

another attraction thread to get many views~ duh…

Ah sorry to burst your bubble buddy, but im not an attraction whore, i dont need that, i try to help if it helps good, if not too bad, im not getting paid for these kind of stuff as many others that really try to help.