Tree of Savior Forum

Ipf error still exists and often game dc

After today’s patch, I’m still experiencing the “broken IPF file error(I have tried all the possible fix)
and when I got lucky to be able to log in after a couple of minutes
I was automatically disconnected from the game.

4 Likes

Me too… 5 minutes back :frowning:

First try ,it says Cannot Connect,
Second try , Ipf Files are broken .

I really thought they are gonna fix this two problems after this maintenance :frowning:

They posted it though at the homepage of ToS and showed a fix… I understand that they’re just trying to bust the hackers/botters/cheaters or however you wanna call them. Having said that, I just dont know why like me, who didnt modify any of the ipf files, is also experiencing this problem. Probably, there are some things I just dont know about these ipf files, computer programming and stuff.

i have no problem after the patch =)

Good for you bruh. While me, still doing the old “Spam the Enter Button until Lady Luck smiles at you” routine which made me survive from the previous broken ipf file error crap but seems it has no effect anymore. I’ll reinstall the game hoping this will solve the issue and play LoL in the meantime. :smiley:

1 Like

Reinstalled the game and still “broken IPF file error”,i can’t play since previous patch, very disappointed about this closed beta

ipf error ever T_T, helpppppppppppppppppppppp

same for me :(((( http://i.imgur.com/Po8zMua.jpg

same here, done everything and no solution :disappointed_relieved:

same problem… new patch, new problems!

The old “Quit/Cancel” trick from the early DIC(k) still works. I counted ten seconds (saying Mississippi in between numbers XD) and It works consistently.

This is a joke, right?
They took a week and after all the hassle and the complaints their only solution is to verify game cache??
Now I wonder really hard whether they look into the forums at all. Almost every topic contains at least one guy complainin that this damn IPF error occurs AND THAT THIS GUY ALREADY TRIED TO VERIFY THE GAME CACHE AND DIDNT MODIFY A DAMN THING!
Also almost one out of two people complainin about it says he got the error while playing and being disconnected or that he actually passed this check just by trying so ITS PURE LUCK!
God damn it how they just stay so stubborn and don’t just remove it or patch it to work different. I mean - it’s just beta - why even bother with hackers? If they hack items/money and destroy the economy I wonder what’s worse: a non working market and people not able to test the game or hackers destroying the market-prices…

I’m speechless…
NO, I’m full of words! Words I better not say out loud.

1 Like

RiP game xD deal with it, just gonna w8 for open beta! Hope gonna be better!

Update: Reinstalled the game last night. Played 5 hrs straight today and so far the Broken IPF Nightmare didn’t bug me…

I also had the IPF error after the maintenance. However deleting all XML files and the patches, then running verify, then patching should help. But the launcher crashed while patching and after that I still had the IPF error. But as the launcher crashed while patching, so I verified once more, and now it runs without problems. So maybe your game files are still in a bad state?
(Note: I don’t think steam does find all bad files, so just because it verifies okay, doesn’t mean all your files are in a good state)

It’s just a bug. Don’t bother and just do the log-in-X-Cancel trick.
If you get in without problems does not mean you got anything right. Its just pure luck, believe me.
You can test it yourself. It happened to me many times that I got the ipf error but then just tried again and got in without verifying anything.
I did NOTHING and I got in after I had the error.
^ that means: if you do something then get in - it does not mean your action was the reason you got in-game.

1st Possible Fix:

Go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\TreeOfSavior > Then click the search bar and type .exe; this will show all the executable in the TOS folder. IF NOT Go Look for these files.

After looking for these files.

Run the DXSETUP.exe > Why? I think that’s the missing files it wants to acquire. In the first place of downloading TOS; Steam did not run any kind of initial setup like all the other games (e.g. Payday, Black Ops III, Fallout 4, and etc…). DirectX10 maybe the missing files it’s looking for maybe XD

If that doesn’t work out.

Right Click on(Client_tos & tos executable) > Hit Properties > Hit Compatibility Tab > Change Settings for all Users > Check Run this program as an administrator & Run this program in compatibility mode for: > select from the drop down menu > Windows XP(Service Pack 1, 2, or 3)

Direct X10 was made in 2006 which makes sense why you should run TOS Windows XP in compatibility mode.

Both Client_tos & tos.exe files should be run as an administrator and in compatibility mode.

Updated Note:

The game will always start and show error 2 times before starting the game. And if you disconnects it will keep showing this error:

Very annoying! But this will probably reduce that error from popping up too much. Once you try to get in on a server.

I’m open to suggestions…

2nd Possible Fix

Verify Integrity Cache File…

3rd Possible Fix

Delete 1 File in the patch folder every other log in. The error will pop up 2 times before possible log-in. But this 2x error popping up is reduced to none or at least once every other log in, when I when I did my first possible fix, but I have to get in on the server quick before IPF file is broke pops up. Well, that is how it is for me!