Tree of Savior Forum

Invocation / Pole of Agony

can someone tell me how these both work?, i don’t see much difference between them what does it mean by “Additional Damage” on pole of agony, does that mean its going to continuously hit for the static amount + 10 for however long they are in it?

Which one is better, like im not sure what invocation does its just a longer version of the same thing but less damage?

The video for Invocation is a little misleading. The main point of Invocation are the souls that appear when the mobs die, look at it very closely during the skill video.

Invocation lvl 5 is a must for Warlock due to its attribute.

Invocation is a passive buff. As long it’s active you will summon on the ground little devil sprites every time you kill something (those look the same as Dark Theurge spirits but stay on the ground). They will detonate as soon as enemy touches them. You can command all of your spirits with Evil Sacrifice to rush and attack.

Pole of Agony is a dark pillar dealing continuous damage to anything inside it. Cooldown time is quite long, 2min.

OHHHH I SEEE NOW, So it works with the invocation and dark theurge?
So you endup rushing targets with spirits?

Yup :grin:

/20 chars

Well how does this look as a build?, i sort of threw warlock in there to make the most of quick cast but it was mainly about the summon.

The damage is already done up to rank 4, do you think its solid?

i feel like linker might have been a better choice then Kino, however it dosn’t seem like such a huge dealbreaker c1 kino still has its uses. TK seems like its going to be good for pvp same with teleport.
Maybe drop SWAP for PP for the stun attribute.
Toyed with the idea of c3 sorc, but it doesn’t look worth it at all.
I think the static ground spells of warlock mesh nicely with sorc, since you won’t be spending that much time doing stuff anyway and actively letting your summon do most of the work.

Does it work? Yes, with some adjustments. Is it good? Ehhh…

With that class path you are gonna want to kill yourself all the way to lvl 75ish. Wiz1-2 has pretty much no damage. Kino is usually a compliment to other classes (Cryo/Pyro) or a more control heavy choice. Its main damage is PP, which you didn’t even pick up. Wiz3 is where you will get your main damage spell.

Summon Servant gives 1 of those buffs per level on the skill, so if you want the Dark Property Attack you need it on level 5. I am still unsure whether that adds to Warlock skills or not though. Summon Familiar used to be rather lackluster, you might want to max Salamion instead.

Energy Bolt scales terribly. You don’t want to waste 15 levels on it, get more levels on Surespell to make it easier to keep up and get some Reflect Shield.

Yeah, you will have problems with killing groups of mobs without Linker. Joint Penalty lv5 at circle 1 can link 5 targets but with a skill gem you get +1, so it’s possible to get 6 targets while sacrificing only 1 circle for support in your build. Circle 2 Linker in that case gets you only +2 targets, since both JPs skill lv10 and 11 offer same amount of targets.

Swap Wizard c2-3 for something more offensive.

Well, i wouldn’t look to heavily into the spell choices just more the class tree at the moment, its what i personally took for leveling and will respec later.

I took summon familiar because i saw a high ranked KToS player using it in a video.

i am already past the wiz2/ psychokino hurdle it was actually pretty easy.
I don’t plan to keep energy bolt forever, i was going to dump points from that into
something else when the damage fell off but it was a great help for the earlier levels PP is my main damage source now.
My qualm with wizards is i don’t like the idea of being pigeon holed into the cookiecutter c3wiz/c3 ele, or cryo/pyro builds. from the research i have done it looks like it should work out pretty decently but i appreciate the feedback.
But i do sort of regret not taking linker in place of kino, but whats done is done and i am sure it will work out in the longrun. + TK looked really really good in terms of CC from a PvP POV.

[quote=“Insomm, post:7, topic:171293, full:true”] get some Reflect Shield.
[/quote]

Reflect Shield is terrible after the rework. I regret putting my single point in it :sob:

Ive put 5 points on mine. I heard it still left you immune to knockbacks/downs, but it seems to go through most of the time for me… I was hoping I was doing something wrong.

Build edited to reflect a more finalized use, i agree with the changes to reflect shield i took it initially and it started to become useless pretty fast. so the only logical choice is lethargy instead of MM because earthquake damage scaling is incredibly lackluster.

Nope, it got nerfed to the ground…

Check how old the summon familiar video was, and try to find some of his opinion on it. The game is still new, and a lot of people are still picking up skills to test them, doesn’t mean they are good.

I was going to recommend dropping the Kino rank, but if you’ve already gotten it then that’s past. I’d at least drop some Swap for PP as you said. Swap is nice for bringing monsters into your Ice Wall, Flame Ground, Fire Pillar, but you have none of those.

Regardless of the Energy Bolt scaling being bad it can be an ok CD filler with Sleep, specially while leveling, not to mention the knockback is nice. Since Reflect Shield is apparently complete garbage you can put some extra levels into it (like 7 or so), so that at least the level 1 Energy Bolt comes out quicker.

@Nuinouo good to know, the posts I had read were rather recent, I guess people had their info outdated… and here I am spreading wrong info. At the very least I don’t feel too bad because the only improvement I could have would be a faster cast of Energy Bolt

PP is nice, but only for early levels i think, since im not taking kino c2 i don’t think i will have much use for it in the longrun especially since i don’t want to have to be in front of mobs and or players to hit them. swap i would take for one reason and thats to synchronize it with pillar of agony. I am trying to think of the build from a PVP/PVE standpoint, but its probably going to end up a sort of decent at both phenomenal at none kind of thing.

Yeah i agree the knockback on MM is nice, but i don’t know if i will find too much use for it at later levels, where as lethargy is pretty huge debuff. it adds a percentage damage i believe 20% extra damage or something, or so i read i could be wrong

[quote=“Insomm, post:14, topic:171293, full:true”]
Swap is nice for bringing monsters into your Ice Wall, Flame Ground, Fire Pillar, but you have none of those. [/quote]

I was wondering if Swap higher than lv1 would be of any use as support utility in a party with Swordsman. Btw, what’s the “capture target” radius after it’s been casted?

I’m so going to remove that skill and get my point back as soon as I will need to reset my skill distribution for some reason. Not worth wasting a potion for it right now, but it’s still irritating.
I was hoping that at least the damage reduction formula -which was suppose to be calculated separately- was worth something. Invested 1 point to check this and it was garbage.
I knew about the knockback and stun going through the shield beforehand as I have spent some time asking iCBT and kToS players.

I wish there was more reliable information on skills, that we could depend on.

TRIAAAAAL AND ERRROR, i bet there’s going to be some pretty sad people at the end of rank 7 though when stuff doesn’t work how they thought it would :P.

You need only 1 point in Lethargy to learn this attribute. It’s up to +100% damage for anyone in your party using Strike type skills. I’m not sure about auto attacks, tho. Would have to test it.

Ah ty, since the debuffs are awful then might be worth leaving 1 and moving them to MM

I hope I won’t encounter too many obstacles, just because I’ve adjusted my build to the way I want to play :sweat_smile: