Tree of Savior Forum

Interface Issues (Misaligned Text, Missing Information)

Please fill in as much as you can :

Date and Time : Oct 2, 2019 - 9:30 PM EST

Server Name: Klaipeda

Team Name: Verbosa

Character Name: Verde, Aoi, Noir

Bug Description :
I recently installed ToS on my new PC with a fresh install of window and new SSD. Yet I’m encountering UI issues. Text and images are misaligned, running outside of boxes or not appearing at all.

Steps to reproduce the issue :

1. Play Game

Screenshots / Video :

System

• CPU : AMD RYZEN 9 3900X
  • RAM : 32GB DDR4-3200
  • Graphics Card : AMD RADEON 5700XT
  • Mainboard : ASUS X570 TUF GAMING
  • Storage : SAMSUNG 970 PRO 512GB
  • Internet Connection :
  • Country, Region : NA

I have the same problem, and the same graphic card as yours. I have no idea how to fix it.

Tos had always had issues with AMD unfortunately. I used to have an issue that got resolved not too long ago. I use Ryzen

1 Like

That’s a shame to hear. It’s like I was telling the support staff, they should do some testing for AMD products so that users don’t keep running into these issues. They don’t even have AMD listed in the hardware requirements. It’s high time they test regularly with an AMD setup instead of waiting until an issue arises.

It may sound strange, but ToS uses a 32-bit patched executable to run up to 4GB of RAM in just one or two CPU cores without effective graphics card support.

Basically, it is designed for hardware and software from a few years ago and has not been updated since then. Most problems related to fps drops and excessive load come from here … it is possible that the game works better in an old Windows XP / Vista than in an updated 10, in the same way as in an OS that uses few or single core CPU. Hence, with old graphics cards, among others, it works better and with less problems.

Has anyone tried to run the game in a virtual machine configured under-a single core-in a past operating system -Windows XP or Vista-? This may solve the problem, or if you have a graphics card built into your motherboard or CPU (many have it), try using it instead of the usual one.

Other times, what causes problems is the new driver update of your graphics card or your OS, nowadays they are looking for programmed absolescence … (unless the program you use asks for it to play, it is advisable to have automatic updates disconnected for have a stable system). You can try a very old version of the drivers on your card (if you manage to get it) and try it, it may works like a magic.

PS: Other problems that the game has derive from the bad server structure it has and the engine it uses. In this case, little and nothing can be done from this side (it is optimized to work in Korean networks and in Asian services, not in European territory or in America network services).

This is not true. It is simply a 32-bit executable, as you said.

This is not true.

I advise against doing this.

This is not true either.

The problem that is causing the issues with the UI is unknown, but it has nothing to do with the reasoning listed above. I advise ensuring that Tree of Savior has no game specific settings for rendering within the game’s driver profile, or:

This could work too. The issue seems to be affecting a very small subset of users and they continuously post a screenshot of this same UI window, so providing different screenshots of the UI may help identify the issue as well.

Is there a fix for this issue? :x

If it’s still occurring for you, it seems to be an issue with that specific video card. I’m not aware of any fix for it at the moment but I’ve reported the bug to IMC.

Sorry, I don’t have any solution for you personally. x_x

Thank you Crevox, I am indeed using the same graphics card as OP.

1 Like

Having the exact same issue too. Using AMD RX 5700 XT.

I think it’s fixed after the latest patch (5 Nov 2019).