Tree of Savior Forum

Interested in hearing opinions on this boss killer/pvp build im working on

I posted this in Reddit but looking to get as much feedback as possible so I figure I will post here as well.

I’m looking to make a world boss killer/pvp Fletcher.

With the changes to ranger I figured having 2 archer would be better for the 25% always up crit chance, scout for stealth, then that leaves 1 spot open between the previous mentioned classes and Fletcher 3. I know a lot of people throw 1 ranger in there, but, I never understood why.

I was thinking of instead putting 1 hunter for rush dog, and coursing which has 100% uptime increase damage done to the target 1% per attribute as well as lower it’s defense and crit resist. (Sounded good for PvP and getting some extra damage in on bosses) I wanted to hear your guys opinion on using hunter there instead of ranger.

I feel the difference wont be huge either way but I’m just a newb as an archer.

Here’s the build:

Why not go archer3 youll have twin shot as a filler skill… broadhead magic arrow twin5x magic arrow repeat… a3 sc3 flet3? Downside of this one is you really dont have aoe…

I want to give you only two advices regarding the hunter part of your build, because is the only archer class that i have experience on.

• Since you’re aiming to be a boss killer/pvp with this character, you have to know that Snatching does an insane amount of damage on flying-type monsters (bosses included), up to 400% when used along with “Two-handed Bow Mastery: Anti-Air” and “Snatching: Airborne Enemy Damage” (Snatching does strike damage), and i don’t know how much of a difference would make a 23 points reduction on accuracy and evasion especially against full DEX build characters because i have 0 expecience on pvp, but at least for pve i can tell you that Pointing would be almost useless if not for the fact that it can reset your companion’s AI when they’re in what i like call the “Slowpoke mode” (they refuse to move or follow any orders you give as if they were contemplating the nothing or receiving too much information to handle), and i think this is caused by the Coursing skill which is bugged atm.

• As i mentioned, Coursing is bugged. Your companion stands still for the whole duration of the skill even after killing the target, and when you give any other order involving a damage skill such as Rush Dog your companion might enter in “Slowpoke mode”, so this is the only reason (at least for me) you should have no more than one point in Pointing (only if you’re going for the first rank of the class because Hounding is way better when it comes to reset the companion’s AI and i’ll explain you why near the end of this post) so you can help your companion with it’s brain issues.

With all that said, i’d recommend you going this way:

4/1 Snatching/Pointing so you’ll have a lot more damage when facing flying-type bosses and you can prevent your companion from doing the Slowpoke for the rest of the dungeon run or letting you be obliterated by the boss while it’s busy making memes or whatever they’re up to.

The rest of the points go on Coursing, and you should be very careful here because the reason of this is that you’ll focus more in the duration of the skill rather than it’s damage. You’ll put points on the skill so the duration would be enough for you to keep the target in place while you’re at the work of killing it, then you won’t have to wait too much for your companion to start reacting again (this comes really frustrating at higher ranks because the duration is way longer). When they fix this issue which i think it’ll be in the patch that comes tomorrow you’ll add the points left to the skill, and in case this happens and you haven’t reached hunter yet go ahead and spend all your points on Coursing, Snatching and Rush Dog because you won’t be using Pointing at all.

The reason why Hounding is the best at resetting your companion’s AI is because unlike Pointing, your companion stays by your side wating for your orders. With Pointing it just starts hanging around making friends with the monsters nearby every 3 seconds for the duration of the skill, so be really careful when using Rush Dog because it could be a waste due to the distance between you and your companion.

Alright that’s everything, i’m not the most experienced of hunters, but i hope this will help you a little to achieve your objective. (:
In case you want to know more about how the hunter class works you can check around the forums, or this guide made by @Hillgarm in which i’ve learnt most of the things i know: Hunter Overall Guide.

(Sorry for bad english)

1 Like

re: coursing

still doesnt work on boss, would be nice if it does even if just debuff and damage without root.

re:pointing

if youre only going for hunter c1, just 1 level is enough for resetting pet ai. this is not a fix though.

ps.
i suggest getting 1 point in praise. you will need the added movespeed for the companion in its skill attributes, hence your pet wont lag behind too much/catch up faster to you.

you definitely need to get snatching maxed. it works on flying boss monsters and has 2 synergies enabling up to 400% more damage, refer to previous poster regarding that

Want to kill bosses? go r3 and solo the ■■■■ out of everything…if you’re not a loner like me…go musket

Correct me if I’m wrong but the thing w/ Hunter skills is you also have to invest in pet stats to do decent damage, and not all boss monsters are flying types.

CCs are great for PVP, but I think it’s not worth it PVE-wise when Ranger is the other choice.

If Scout is an optional pick for you, then maybe you can swap that out instead with a rank in Ranger.

Archer3 isn’t bad either.

pet stats for rush dog, since rush dog damage computation uses companions attack damage,

Thanks everyone for the replies, I was away for a bit, I think I ended up deciding to do A2 R1 S1 F3 since I hear so much about hunter not working and coarsing apparently does nothing to bosses. My reason behind Scout 1 is mobility and ease of getting around with cloaking (and pvp on the side)

@asianpetlover I heard R3 isn’t as strong as A2 now with the nerf they took to their dmg buff. (+25% crit on A2)