Tree of Savior Forum

Increase drop rates for collection and crafting items

The best way to increase enjoyment of this game? Increase the drop rate of key items like those in collections, the better armor/weapon recipes, and crafting items. Seriously, this was the biggest reason for the hundreds of Ragnarok Online private servers–grinding is not fun! Sure, I know there will be some replies along the lines of 'but difficulty equals fun" and “casuals get out”. But punishing does not equal difficulty. Grinding is punishing, mind-numbing button mashing no fun. Those who want difficulty can solo high dungeons, play maps they’re underleveled for, even play against each other in events like the Halloween dungeon.

Spending 3 hours trying to get one item to finish a collection just makes me want to not play this game. There are other cute games out there that don’t involve hours of grinding. You know, like the afore-mentioned private Ragnarok Online servers.

1 Like

git gud

the droprates are balanced under the assumption that this game has a highpop , when you combine lowpop next to nonexistant pop - collection items are nonexistant.

in beta when 1-200 wasnt faceroll ah was stuffed with almost every collectionitem - you have to bleed for them now and dont expect IMC to do something positive about 0.1% or 0.27% droprates.

imc wont read. wont change just because of your post. and collection is a waste of time. good day.

try to fill collections along with the monthly kill log reset, you will have at least a reason to kill 80 of each thing every month… or more if you are feeling like doing so

I agree that a lot of drops need to be more common in general, like reagents that are used to craft certain items like Venom. They’re not worth farming for because the drop rate is quite bad and not worth the time for.

Another reason why the auction house has barely anything on it.

1 Like

Agreed, the corrent drop rate does not fit the population size. I’d go as far as to say that nothing should have a drop rate under 1%. 1 out of 100 mobs on average to drop what you want? That doesn’t sound too bad.

Or at least do monthly events for drop rate boosts. Make it the first week of every month, or something.

I know, that 0,27% is fair if you assume there are many players and mobs spawn are abundant. In fact, the playerbase is not so many resulting few farmers and mobs spawn rate are considered low or slow. They could increase the mobs spawn rate or raise the drop chance.

I’d be fine with increased mob spawns. More corpses to blow up, YAY!

I think it’s fine atm, they could improve something but not too much. Just look, it’s now all % drop rate.

Take a example, you need monster orbs red and blue in royal mausoleum 3F. on DPK system, It was fairly tiring to see a drop at 1/8000 kill or something. So no one hunts for it

Not to mention some collection are now obtainable with… fishing

While I could agree they can make it easier, one part I don’t agree is how much they will make it easier. It’s their proof they deserve permanent bonus stat for 100% completion drops. Not just a random ppl nowdays skip the map and only grind in popular grind spot

Problem too is a lot of materials were balanced around multiple channels, a lot of maps had 8+ channels now a lot only have 2 (and of course having a higher population that would be in these maps). They need to go back and increase the amount of mobs in a lot of maps too, but I doubt they’ll ever actually do that.

1 Like