Tree of Savior Forum

In memory of rank-circle builds

With Re:Build being officially announced and hitting the server in two days it would be appropriated to pay respect to all builds that will be lost in transition, not all were good or had that much spark but they’ll be missed.

“The Arcanist” - Wizard 2 - Linker 2/3 - Thaumaturge 3 - Sage 2/3
Few online games provide options for magic that doesn’t work with elements or minions and even less common as a support type, this was present in ToS through Linker, Thaumaturge and Chronomancer in wizard that could be complemented with Sage and Psychokino. Among the five classes the combination listed was the one that presented the most effective supportive traits with some independence on farm, not only that but Sage’s Portals enabled farm speed faster after backing to town and even to return to the map sweet spot once spawn stops. The most interesting point here is how the gameplay and presentation felt natural as if the build itself could be a single class in another game, it would be even better if Chronomancer fitted but the single circle doesn’t offer enough.

”True Ninja” - Swordsman 3 - Filler - Corsair 2/3 - Shinobi - Retiarius 2/3
Ninjas are often misrepresented on the historical side as they’re either taken as some form of assassin or mystical warriors with supernatural skills, this wasn’t the case with Retiarius and Corsair along Shinobi itself as they make the fantasy more into the real life source (still keeping some of the tropes ninjas are known for). The real way for a ninja to fight was to end the combat quickly be that by disabling the target or slaying it if needed (as the last resort) and the control aspect can be seen these two classes. Corsair provides the dexterity associated with the figure along chains (or ropes) as one of the most important tools of a ninja, Double Weapon Assault with Restrain also combines the speed and stun rendering enemies imobile while attacking (despite being toxic). Retiarius on the other side provides both control through net (in the way ninjas would use), survivability and one finishing skill. It’s another combination that could be taken as a single class on other games, it had all the tools available for all kinds of scenarios and wasn’t as straightforward to play with however, depending on the skill distribution, it wasn’t as effective on the offense.

”Eastern Priest” - Cleric 3 - Krivis 3 - Miko/Kannushi - Taoist 3”
With ToS having that many classes it can be hard to make a thematic build based a group or idea when you don’t have that many options from that line to pick from, past that it can be even harder to make the build be effective to play with. A curious case within it was this eastern cleric build as it takes 6 circles into the lowest ranks available, yet it was surprisingly effective due Taoist empowering nature maximizing Zaibas power along the magic circles from Cleric itself as those get 2 extra levels from buffs only. It had decent healing power, the ability to use Heal offensively (due 34 tiles) and consistent damage that could be used preemptively, without top grade gear it was able to be a major factor in earth tower and uphill defense using basic classes. On one side this can work as the testimonial that the rank-circle system could work without supporting the direct ladder structure but the way Taoist was designed this case doesn’t sustain itself.

”Magus” - Pyromancer 3 - Cryomancer 3 - Enchanter 3
Composed by 7 of the lowest wizard ranks and a single high rank class it was one of the most interesting build to play with as it used each class mechanics in complementary ways, with the constant damage over time of Pyromancer applying lightning property damage from Enchant Lightning that amplified the damage towards frozen enemies. Additionally the build had a decent AoE and control provided from both basic classes, along that Enchant Fire added an extra line to complement Lightning Hands in AA and Enchant Earth enabled Subzero Shield to be used with staff for more damage overall, even when skills were on cooldown it was still dealing consistent damage. All that said it wasn’t the kind of build that could match the same power level as others in late game, however the extra control aspects and party buffs did made it valuable for party play and not be as static as support wizards. It’s said any rule has an exception and this may be the one about Rank-Circle system as it had the later rank to be as complement than the build core.

These were my favorite builds from Rank-Circle that will be gone forever, if you want to pay your respect share your as well.

5 Likes

With so many characters (18), it’s hard to talk about their builds, but I’ll focus on my most unusual builds since I played meta and special snowflake builds.

Archer 1 - Ranger 1 - Sapper 3 - Scout 2 - Pied Piper 3
Focused on supporting and dealing with ground targets. Broom Trap is very devastating when powered by Critical Shot, Lied des Weltbaum and Perspective Distortion. You could say that the theme of this build is an archer specialized in ambushes. “Did you hear that flute sound coming from that direction? Oh no, there’s a trap in there!”

Wizard 2 - Linker 3 - Rune Caster - Warlock 2 - Shadowmancer 2
Certainly one of my favorite builds that R10 made possible. I love Shadowmancer, but it had very restricted path choices until we got R10. It’s always been a good class to take with Linker, the best attributes are available at the Circle 2 and the fact that I could take WL2 in my build really was great. The remaining circle was taken by Rune Caster, finishing it with a very tight build with strong synergy. Mastema + Rune of Justice, Drain + all dark-based attacks, Joint Penalty + Shadow Conjuration/Condensation/Thorn… I loved that kit.

Wizard 1 - Cryomancer 3 - Psychokino 3 - Onmyoji 1 - Enchanter 2
I like big setups for great damage. With Rank 10, an alternative to the well known Cryokino RC build became available. Shikigami Fox has an interesting attribute for Cryokino: it allows Gravity Pole to shoot shards off ice walls, which is pretty great since you can easily hit all ice wall tiles with it. Meanwhile, Enchanter 2 enhances the synergy between Cryomancer and Psychokino by changing Psycho Pressure and Gravity Pole’s element to lightning. With it, you can deal even more damage by summoning a Frost Pillar below your target before you use Gravity Pole on your Ice Wall and to deal increased damage against the enemy under the effects of the pseudo-frozen debuff.

2 Likes

By now everyone on this world knows what my characters are about :smile: I talk about them a lot like a proud parent of terminally ill children :sob:

But things aren’t that bad and I changed many things…

Spear, kunais and everything badass”: Swordsman > Hoplite > Cata > Shinobi > Dragoon
She is pf my character the one that receives the biggest of hits, not only does she loses half of what made her awesome but also it look and to put salt on the wound… she has became completely incompatible and I have no idea where to take her…

A soldier no more…”:Swordman > Highlander > Squire > Nak > Doppel
He has a big heart to protect all small things with his own 2H… But after RE:B he might have to continue his adventure as something else than a small Squire…

1 Like

I’m a returning player from almost 2 years ago so I don’t think I have property to say about what was meta and what it wasn’t. I’ll try to talk about some popular builds I’ve met upon returning in December and the builds I used for most time and how I’ll miss them not that hyped for rebuild ;-;

Archer 1/2 - Quarrel Shooter 3 - Ranger/Appraiser - Falconer 3 - Bullet Marker 1/2

AA wonder, AoE Semi-DPS support wonder, burst wonder and a lot of synergies in-between. This is a build. The death of this build will leave a lot of widows, including myself. Running Shot and Double Gun Stance paired together nicely, coupling moving attack speed with raw pistol damage. Along with the omnipresent Running Shot, Quarrel Shooter offers some nice niche skills like Deploy Pavise and Scatter Caltrops. Falconer gives the auto attackers the AoE presence they so much need, while also helping burst skills like Bloody Overdrive and Napalm Bullet. Ranger and Appraiser were there for the buff support overall.

Wizard 2 - Linker 2 - Thaumaturge 3 - Featherfoot 3

THE wizard farmer! This build is incredible, by no surprise it was popular. I met it in this Reset Bonanza and just loved it. Linker and Thauma are the main farm support skills, Joint, Hangman, Swells. Linker gained a new skill that didn’t exist back then, Spirit Shock, that was quite a new addition as a single target good damage skill. But Featherfoot is the class who made things amazing. Even with low specs I was able to farm Baubas Cave just fine. Levitation keeps you out of danger, while Blood Curse, Blood Bath and Blood Sucking - the 3 Bloods - keep your sustain. Bone Pointing maintains a curse debuff, decreasing magic defense and fulfilling one of the two debuffs necessaries for the attribute of Kundela Slash, the main damage skill. Linker making Kundela AoE (and coupled with Hangman already fulfills the 2 debuffs of Kundela) was what made it so good. Finally, enervation gives a huge damage bonus for aftermath situations after the link.

Archer 2 - Ranger 3 - Schwarzer Reiter 3 - Rogue 2/Bullet Marker 2

In my time during Rank 8 season, Archer 2 -> Ranger 3 -> SR3 was a premiere farm build for Archers. The change of Limacon to a buff and the new ricochet attribute hugely improved it’s farming capabilities. Back then, Ranger was mostly a filler. Now Ranger 3 is incredibly good, Critical Shot became an amazing critical buff, High Anchoring cutting cooldown times, Spiral Arrow stacking and Time Bomb Arrow damage buff and splash damage all made the class rise up to the top. Bullet Marker seemed the natural way, but the lack of mounted synergy divided people. For those who didn’t want to stick only with the BM mounted available skills, Rogue was the option I’ve seen the most. Sneak Attack coupled with it’s mobility it’s pretty good, even without Werewolf Cards. Feint had a combo with Barrage (RIP btw ;-; ), Evasion stacked with Evasive Action and Vendetta could give a little STR help. Surely a nostalgic one =]

Now, for some builds I will miss and are not common:

Archer - Quarrel Shooter 3 - Rogue 2 - Ranger - Hackapell 3

I always wanted to test Hackapell, but I didn’t know what to choose. The idea of going melee and then switching to ranged AA seemed fun. The idea was to burst the melee skills with Ranger’s Barrage, Rogue’s Backstab and all Hacka’s and then still cause damage while waiting. It wasn’t the most practical of builds but it surely was fun playing. The downside is that I had so many buffs and combos to apply that playing with it for a long time makes my hands hurt. But I could dish a decent damage and the challenge of getting all the rotation correctly was fun. I ended up changing this build a little bit to Archer - QS3 - Ranger - Falconer 3 - Hacka 2 and GOD AIMING HELPS HACKA A LOT! Definitely will miss that ;-;

Wizard 2 -> Pyromancer 2 -> Thaumaturge 3 -> Elementalist 3

I love this build for Uphill. I wanted to make an Elementalist build without Wiz 3, so I used Thauma for the Quick Cast attribute and a lot more fire power for Pyro and Elementalist skills. Fire Pillar is amazing in keeping mobs trapped while Flame Ground covers a huge area for damage. The Fire Property: Explosion attribute sometimes caught some pesky fugitives after one of their friends died nearby and helped a lot when things went out of control. I was (and still am) a bit confused with the Flame Ground attribute for Meteor. It says Meteor causes 5 hits, but they are just weaker than the one hit normal damage, making it… not helpful at all? I’m not sure. But a very fun build for uphill, definitely!

1 Like

I won’t talk about all my chars, or I’d spend all day here, but here’s a few of my favorites:

Cleric3 - Priest3 - Chapain - Inquisitor3
This was my main char in rank8. Inqui2 was a dissapointment, but inqui3 made it great again. That is, until they buffed the hell out of Krivis and made it so overpowered for auto-attackers… At that point, playing this felt so underwhelming. But I’m glad I’ll be able to “revive” this char that had so much playtime into it already, even though I won’t make it into an auto-attacker in rebuild.

Wizard3 - Elementalist3 - Featherfoot1 - Shadowmancer3
Elementalist lacked single-target damage, while Shadowmancer lacked AoE dps. So yeah, I just put the 2 together without thinking too far ahead. Feathefoot was in there just because its hexing was so good, and the self-heals would occasionally help me out.

Swordsman3 - Peltasta2 - Doppel1 - Shinobi - Matador3
I love Matador, but I dont like Fencer, so I did everything I could to make it better by itself. Added Shinobi too, just because I had it unlocked anyway, and it looks cool/edgy. Shinobi ended up helping with bossing, which Matador by itself isn’t good at.

Wizard3 - Thaumaturge3 - RuneCaster - Enchanter3
Jumping auto-attacker, made this char mostly because this build doesnt need much in attributes. I will really miss Enchanter on the wizard tree, but oh well, it will be fun in scout too.

PNG
This build also made my staff be 2x the size of normal characters lol. Emotes also looked very silly with rune of giants + swells

Cleric3 - Priest2 - Diev1 - Miko - Exorcist3
My main cleric during r9-10. Cleric3 and priest2 for good heals, Diev1 to reduce cooldowns, Miko because its cute, Exorcist3 to deal dmg. I never liked the druid3-exo2 meta build, so I ended up with this monstrosity of a build lol

But my most played char is actually my Wizard2 - Linker3 - Thaum3 - Sage2. Its a farmer after all, so I’m not surprised it is the one I have the most play time as. Thank god Imc didnt kill farmers in rebuild, and instead made them better, so I’m ok with having to change into scout to farm.

1 Like

no more cheesy c1 class value (crit-shot, diev -cd statue, sorc neko buff, other stuff), feelsbadman

I got 7 char in total and these are my good lads.
"Pew pew pew" Archer2-Ranger1-Wugushi1-Appraiser-Rogue2-Musketeer3
This build is for my main and other 2 archer alts, pretty much killing legend/raid bosses in no time, and pretty much killing everything in CM with falc3 assist. Also musketeer is my first class that i play when i started playing TOS and i have absolutely no idea that it will be this good.
[Telsiai] 9m-13s Velcoffer with random party and ofc with help from zealot and other debuffs. Sweet memories, prolly my will be my fastest velcoffer run, a little nitpicking, maybe can go wayyyyy faster with fixed party.

"Y choking mate?" Archer2-Ranger1-Wugushi3-Appraiser-Musketeer3
Pretty much same as above, but using Velnia Monkey instead of the amazing Glass Mole.

"Velco slave mk.1" Wizard2-Linker3-Chrono3-Thaumathurge1-Rune Caster
Sum good lads doing weekly velcoffer to earn some food.

"Velco slave mk.2" Cleric2-Priest2-Dievdirbys-Druid2-Kabbalist3
Sum good lads doing weekly velcoffer to earn some food.

"Everyone slave" Swordman1-Peltasta3-Squire3-Nak Muay-Shinobi-Templar
For hardcore naruto erp, wb tent slave, food slave, basically tis good lads stay alive by being a good slave.

And one last pvp build that i enjoy during “reset bonanza event”
"Oh shoot, its a Sage with missile hole" Archer2-Archer3/Sapper1-Scout1-Rogue2-Musketeer3-Pied Piper

2 Likes

Well there is one build that I really enjoyed playing.

Captain America Build - Swordsman 2/Peltasta 2/Rodelero 2/Nak Muay/Murmillo 3

As the name implies, this is a build derive from Steve Rogers’ combat style. This build doesnt really rely on sword skills but purely on shield and hand-to-hand combat. It is amusing to only fight using shield (well of course while equiping a sword but never using it) and your martial arts. Guess I will still try this build in re:build again. You can’t really say that this build even belongs to the swordsman class tree haha. XD

Oh awesome stuff is, I call Shield train as “Charging Star”.

2 Likes